How would you rate episode 305?

Ran

How would you rate episode 305?  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

Another thing. I think they developed Valyrian pretty well. To me, it is really convincing that they are speaking the same exotic language. The accents are very similar and the words are intelligible, even though I do not understand anything of what they are saying. The show may have its drawbacks, such as the somewhat incomplete Jon Snow, but we have to give them credit for clearly looking for perfection. I have never seen such a good TV show. Furthermore, unlike many people, I am starting to enjoy Stannis story. It is true that the introduction of two new characters will always look like it came out of the blue for non-readers. Despite that, I think they actually improved Selyse and Shireen.

PS: I almost laughed at the sequence of scenes with Robb, Karstark, and Roose Bolton. It is written RW all over the place :drool: .

Edited by raviept

I gave it a 9. I loved the battle scene between Sandor and Beric, also the bath scene between Jaime and Brienne, the beheading of Lord Karstark was neatly done, also Jon and Igritte nailed it. I was hoping to see Patchface as i believed his role was important in the books, mainly because his prophecies were true, but maybe its not too late. The kid playing Shireen did a wonderful job portraying her. I also hoped to see more of Dany, but at least we got the introduction of the leader of the Unsullied. In the end it was a good episode, i liked the ending with Tywin showing who is the boss around Kings Landing.

I gave it a 9 but it was pretty close to a 10 excellent episode overall the Lannisters immense as usual and great work by Kerry Ingram as Shireen i was really really impressed. Dillane and Cunningham performed excellent as well and i felt that Richard Madden had one of his strongest episodes yet. If i was to nitpick a little i might complain about Maisie Williams but i feel bad about doing it due to how good she has been throughout the show. The weaker characters eg Jon and Littlefinger had good performances which was nice to see still not fully impressed with Oona Chaplain but again overall the cast had a really good episode

Starts with the best duel thus far, awesome.

Then we got to see Ygritte naked, awesome.

The rest of the north of the wall story lines continues to be an abject failure, however.

I liked Roose Bolton, but c'mon, why don't they make the soft voice a feature TV viewers would notice? Ie make it easy to notice.

LF continues to be aweful

Tyrion too much of a white knight.

9/10 because the good was really good imo.

i don't know that i agree with that. iirc, her son doesn't ask her permission for things which is why she sometimes plays clean up for him. however she does plan and execute her own schemes as well. and on the show, her son hasn't even been seen. she is the mover and shaker of the tyrell clan. while the book is not as explicit, it's the feeling i got aobut book QoT too.

Mace got them involved in the war with Renly, and then he got them involved with the Lannisters. Olenna doesn't want Margaery to marry Joffrey, but because Mace wants it she has to find a way to ensure Margaery's safety without stopping the wedding.

So I don't really think Olenna has as much power as a lot of readers think she has. Like I said, she spends most of her time cleaning up Mace's mess. She still comes up with her own plots such as marrying Sansa to Willas (although in the show this was pretty much given to Varys), but that doesn't exactly prove her power. If Mace decided he wanted to marry Willas to someone else, Willas would be married to someone else.

I really liked it. Not as good as last week's episode but, well...what could be? Was really, really impressed with NCW's bathtub monologue. I wasn't too keen on his performance at the very beginning but he's done such an amazing job getting under the skin of the character that now I really couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role.

The execution of the Karstarks was brilliantly dramatic. Incidentally, I saw Richard Madden in an interview the other day, and I was amazed to hear he wasn't from the north of England. His accent is terrific!

And, as always, Charles Dance = Boss!

Also, really impressed with the Valyrian language. They've done a great job making it really detailed.

Overall, a very solid 8 out of 10.

Edited by Dad

9/10.

Second best episode this season. The Hound vs Beric was incredible, Jaime's bath scene was great, and Stannis is the man!

The only thing I didn't really like is the quick subplot with the gay guy and Baelish. It's out of Loras' character to immediately go with another man after Renly died.

"When the sun has set, no candle can replace it"

also, i wonder how much she might have changed her lot if she had learned to understand how her father works and was able to have him truly respect her opinions and person. but she doesn't seem to want to do the work for that.

True about her not wanting to do the work - she has probably let her habit of manipulation take the place of striving for actual insight into what makes people tick, particularly her father. And he is no fool - he's certainly not going to let his daughter, who is nowhere near his intellectual equal, manipulate him.

Edited by Arrow

I wish we could have seen a wide angle view of Brienne standing up in the bath. I know she has done it before, so why wouldn't she film a front nude scene? Dany has, but not too many main characters go full frontal. If Jon Snow really is the main character and ultimate badass of the story he would have shown his dong. That's why Dany will be queen in the end. She gives the people hope. Just my opinion on full frontal. It can be a very powerful story telling device.

Wow I have a post about frontal nudity.... GOT makes me do and say weird things

+ Jaime's monologue. Fucking work it, Nikolaj. Gods, I love you.

+ Arya arya arya. Maisie is so wonderful. Her goodbye with Gendry hurt me in so many ways.

+ Papa Stannis

+ Badbitch Jorah sassing Barristan

- Those fucking fetuses knocked the episode down from a 9 to a 7 for me. But Jaime's monologue kept it at an 8.

I wish we could have seen a wide angle view of Brienne standing up in the bath. I know she has done it before, so why wouldn't she film a front nude scene? Dany has, but not too many main characters go full frontal. If Jon Snow really is the main character and ultimate badass of the story he would have shown his dong. That's why Dany will be queen in the end. She gives the people hope. Just my opinion on full frontal. It can be a very powerful story telling device.

Wow I have a post about frontal nudity.... GOT makes me do and say weird things

Tell me you're trolling. And then learn to do it properly.

Great acting from Richard Dormer, Charles Dance, NCW and, still my undefeated champion, Maisie Williams. Not to sound creepy, but I kind of feel like I´m falling in love with her portrayal of Arya. Is she becoming Lyanna? Am I Rhaegar Targaryen? :uhoh:

That scene between her and Thoros & Beric, the tears in her eyes. That's some high class acting.

What else did I like? Well, Tywin annihilating his kids for one. The bath scene with Jaime & Brienne. The back and forth between Robb and Karstark. Shireen singing Patchface. And offcourse the trial by combat.

Still don't care for what goes on beyond the wall. Not too fond of the fetus/leech swapping (did like the name drop). Didn't really like the order of sequences.

But all in all a really good episode.

7, the absolute butchery of Robb Starks story forced me to deduct from what was a 9 episode before.

Very much disliked the Stannis scenes as well. He lets Selyse keep her dead fetuses in jars? I think not. Plus his Davos in the dungeon is crap.

Every other scene was great imo but the Robb stark storyline is embarrassing.