How would you rate episode 305?

Ran

How would you rate episode 305?  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

A good episode overall. Gave it a 7.

Dont like how they are handling the Robb story line. Making him look like an idiot.

I wished they showed a little bit of magic with Thoros bringing back Berric, rather than him just 'saying the words'. I mean, show the kiss with a little bit of fire moving from Thoros to Berric.

I think this business with whom gets to marry Loras is silly. I know they are trying to cut down on characters but making a gay guy go from marrying Sansa to then marrying Cersei is a little nauseating. Its 'Bold and the Beautiful' type storytelling. Ignoring this, the scene was pretty good.

I wished they would expand more on Qyburn's history considering he is going to stick around for a bit.

The dialogue was pretty good this episode. Jamie and Brienne was great. Wow she is hot! Jamie checking her out too. lol. Gendry and Arya etc. etc. was also good.

Wow those bottles with foetuses in them was some creepy shit. Making Shireen's story combined with Patchface? Im guessing she was the one who sang the closing credits, but this just wont work. If they are in fact combining her and patchface then it wont work. PF was nearly dead when drowned and thats why he talks of the sea...

I originally gave it a 7 then gave it an 8

Love:

- love, love, love the bath scene. brilliant acting, I couldn't ask for better.

- thought the fight between Sandor and Beric was good (I can be a bit pickey with fight scenes because I do martial arts) but I enjoyed this one.

- Maise was brilliant in all her scenes

- I liked how we were introduced to Grey Worm, thought that was well done. So was the talk between Jorah and Barristan

- I liked how we were introduced to Selyse and Shireen. The scene with Davos and Shireen was touching.

- I liked Olena, she is awesome

- Karstark stuff was good too

Didn't like:

- Loras' sex scene - didn't need it. Littlefinger's spy could of found out the info without the need to sleep with Loras. I thought it was out of character for Loras.

- Littlefinger - his voice has started to really annoy me...

- Tormund was boring

- Jon was agressive towards Orell, which I found a bit weird and out of character

Sorry - I have a bit of a rant:

I think the reason why I was considering/originally gave it a 7 was because I was disapointed with the Beyond the wall story.

In the books, Jon is my favourite character, but in the show I'm increasingly becoming less and less interested. There is nothing in the series that draws me into his story, other than Kit Harrington being good looking.

I now know why they spent so much time building up Jon and Ygritte at the end of last season, because they weren't gping to have enough time this season. But I don't think that was enough, because the Lord's Kiss scene in the cave felt out-of -the-blue. I would be interested in what non readers thought of that scene and if they thought that the characters loved each other.

Don't get me wrong - I thought the acting was great - I just thought it needed more of a build up to it, so the scene could have it's full impact.

I realise that the writer's are short on time, and it's hard, I'm just disapointed. And I miss book! Tormund and Mance :(

Anyway- that's my rant over.

Loved the rest of the episode.

Another great episode. I loved nearly every single scenes. Lots of nudity, but nothing gratuitious, which is how it should be. I'm a bit annoyed that they rushed season 2 and are now introducing characters lately into the story. Also, the actress who played Stannis's wife is far too pretty.

10 SOO GOOD. best episode this season so far, was great, i loved how well they stuck to the books for the more important scenes,

Shireen was great, though i was hoping her hair would be a litle darker, kinda ruins the whole "the seed is strong thing" but she truely was great, poor sad girl, i hope we will be getting patchface though.

Stannis was great with his daughter, so awkward when she hugs him and he just stands there. the coldness between Selyse and Stan was great, the fetuses where soo creepy, and one was called Edric.. wink.

Jon and Ygritte was good, would have liked it no not have been so rushed. but all of Jons story this season was super rushed, would have been great to show them falling for each other better. i hope those two get more time together soon... also LORDS KISS hehe

Tywin smashing down his children! that scene was priceless really great i laughed so hard! pure gold! just gold!

Beric and the Hound.. ggggreat! was awesome. loved they kept in the part where Arya tries to stab him.

Arya and Gendry so sad.. "i can be your family" that cut deeper than a sword. she was great.

im sure there are more thing i can remember right now. but it was great, i really liked all the stuff straight from the book, i hope they keep up the good work XD that being said o dont mind a little change, suprises are always interesting

10 SOO GOOD. best episode this season so far, was great, i loved how well they stuck to the books for the more important scenes,

Shireen was great, though i was hoping her hair would be a litle darker, kinda ruins the whole "the seed is strong thing" but she truely was great, poor sad girl, i hope we will be getting patchface though.

Stannis was great with his daughter, so awkward when she hugs him and he just stands there. the coldness between Selyse and Stan was great, the fetuses where soo creepy, and one was called Edric.. wink.

Jon and Ygritte was good, would have liked it no not have been so rushed. but all of Jons story this season was super rushed, would have been great to show them falling for each other better. i hope those two get more time together soon... also LORDS KISS hehe

Tywin smashing down his children! that scene was priceless really great i laughed so hard! pure gold! just gold!

Beric and the Hound.. ggggreat! was awesome. loved they kept in the part where Arya tries to stab him.

Arya and Gendry so sad.. "i can be your family" that cut deeper than a sword. she was great.

im sure there are more thing i can remember right now. but it was great, i really liked all the stuff straight from the book, i hope they keep up the good work XD that being said o dont mind a little change, suprises are always interesting

ahh how could i forget, patchfaces song.. sooo goood great and creepy just the way they should be i was over the moon with that. im happy they have been putting more of the music in this season!! super happy!!

I gave it a 10.

I was just loved watching it, with strong scene after strong scene.

It does often have me wishing I hadn't read the book though, as what was suprising when I read the books is now known to me; Tyrion to marry Sansa! Beric resurrected!, etc

Yet another top notch episode, they really do excel themselves! Thought the pacing was better than it had been previously. It sped up at the end around Kings Landing but thought that was still fine, it seemed to work.

Started with an awesome sword fight, though I enjoyed Jamie and Brienne's fight a few weeks ago it was no where near as good as the books so I didn't have great expectations here but the actors outdid themselves. My NBR friends were a bit surprised to see Beric's resurrection - I think they were wondering how many more non-deaths we'll end up seeing now the writers have this out.

Thought the bath scene was awesome, up there with the best scenes of the show in all three series so far. Think NCW is doing an incredible job of portraying Jamie. It was one of the story arch's I was least interested in when reading but it's up there with Theon with the ones I want to see on screen. Just like in the books I think you slowly come around to feeling sorry for him - at least I think my friends are all feeling sorry for him now, whilst they wanted to kill him the last few series.

Really liked Shireen, yet also annoyed that she is blonde! Thought the babies in the jars were a nice creepy touch. Disappointed with the lack of patchface but was expecting him to be cut.

Think the show is making us less supportive of the Starks overall cause than the books made me, can understand the changes (loved that they included the "This one was only the watcher, hang him last so he may watch the others") but think they have made Robb look a little foolish this season but good to see his father come out in him. (Weren't the Frey's already fighting beside Robb in the series?)

Was really looking forward to the Jon/Ygritte scenes but thought they didn't quite fit, don't think we've seen enough of them this series for it to work how they showed it. That said Rose Leslie is stunning.

On top of all of that we had the Queen of Thorns on screen with Tyrion and a scene with Tywin, Tyrion and Cersei, feel almost spoilt that they got all of this into one episode! Thought the forcing Cersei to marry Loras was a good touch and really glad Tyrion mentioned that he was married once again (all of my NBR friends had forgotten that).

Overall a 9, just missing that climactic scene.

The Hound's fight was good. I felt it could have used a bit more build up, but it had a lot of energy and was well choreographed. I found some of the editing hard to follow at times though, too much cutting.

Jon/Ygritte fell flat. Harrington is a fairly weak actor and Rose Leslie sounded quite rehearsed at times as well. This relationship really hasn't been built up well enough for this romantic moment to be pulled off. It felt very awkward, and quite forced, throughout. They've had no substantial bonding time and now they're completely infatuated with each other? On its own, the scene was well written but there were a lot of factors going against it.

Jaime and Brienne in the bath was a beautifully scene. Very powerful, very sad. I liked Arya and Gendry's exchange although I thought the music was a bit much. Shireen's scenes were sweet: I love that she's teaching Davos to read. I found the bottled stillborns too be too much of a B-horror idea. I also like how it transitioned from discussing Aegon the Conqueror to Dany's army. Grey Worm's introduction was good, it was actually quite emotive. I didn't care for reusing Theon's theme playing during Karstark's execution. I don't feel it gelled particularly well with the scene and there were subtler ways to create a parallel between the two.

Littlefinger is atrocious. He's beyond being pantomimic at this point. He's just infuriating every time he walks on screen. It's a shame, that scene with Sansa was well written and Sophie Turner was quite good in it.

On the whole I'd say it was a better episode than “And Now His Watch is Ended”. It didn't have the same, huge ending but it was more consistent throughout and much better written.

8/10

10/10 , though it was more of a 9/10. Gave it a 10 because I really liked Jaime's bath scene and Robb's execution scene. I finally like what they are doing to Robb's story, finally get the feeling that he is trying to be his father, but not quite pulling it off yet, which is how I got it from the books. Grey Worm was pretty good, too. And Jesus, is Olenna-the character fantastic! :)

ETA: Disliked the baby embryos whatever scene. What the actual.

Edited by Songlian

Easily the best episode of the season, and it may be one of the best in the entire series.

What I loved:

Everything about Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's performance as Jaime. Seven hells was his monologue amazing! And Brienne calling him KS... why did they leave the wench bit out? Not there -- overall I mean. But that's just nitpicking.

Everything about Maisie Williams performance as Arya. Seven hells this girl is phenomenal!

What I liked:

The fight was mostly good. Much better than last week's action scenes.

Stannis and Davos. Though that fetus bit was creepy.

Jon and Ygritte was alright; however, no mention of the Lord's Kiss! Yes, it must be named. But they haven't even bothered with Dany's dragons so why would they here? Overall, though, I don't think Jon's story has been translated all that well. Then again, it might be a bit hard to translate since Jon's very introverted at that point.

What I didn't like:

Loras didn't care for Renly... What the hell.

Robb's perfect execution of Karstark. He should've messed it as he did in the books. Would've nicely paralled Theon's messed up beheading.

Robb in general.

And now I need to rewatch the episode.

Edited by ManyFacedOne