How would you rate episode 305?

Ran

How would you rate episode 305?  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

But I don't think that was enough, because the Lord's Kiss scene in the cave felt out-of -the-blue. I would be interested in what non readers thought of that scene and if they thought that the characters loved each other.

My boyfriend never read the books and he rolled his eyes at that scene. After the episodes, I always tell him how the show did or didn't deviate from the books, and this time I said there was one thing that really bothered me, but before I could say what he said, "The Jon scene in the cave?" I'd meant to say the stuff with Loras.

So yeah, out-of-the-blue for sure, at least on my end of things. I'm not so pleased with how they're handling Jon in the show (I know I'm not the only one who feels this way). On another note, my boyfriend thinks of Jon Snow as being rather useless and insignificant, and I always gasp and say that in the books he's a great character, and quite important! So it goes.

My boyfriend never read the books and he rolled his eyes at that scene. After the episodes, I always tell him how the show did or didn't deviate from the books, and this time I said there was one thing that really bothered me, but before I could say what he said, "The Jon scene in the cave?" I'd meant to say the stuff with Loras.

So yeah, out-of-the-blue for sure, at least on my end of things. I'm not so pleased with how they're handling Jon in the show (I know I'm not the only one who feels this way). On another note, my boyfriend thinks of Jon Snow as being rather useless and insignificant, and I always gasp and say that in the books he's a great character, and quite important! So it goes.

I'm waitng for my non-book-reader friend to watch the episode so I hear what she thinks - but I think it will be the same as your boyfriend.

I was just thinking about that scene just before and, for me personally, it feels like Jon and Ygritte met days ago - a week max - and so that's why the scene feels so out-of-the-blue and rushed. Also, I don't find it believable that they are in love. It feels like a fling (maybe that's what the show writer's are going for? It'd be weird if they were).

Finally got to watch the episode and gave it another 10.

Every scene was great IMO.

Selyse is fanatical and creepy. Shireen is sad and sweet. Stannis has been humanized finally.

The Lannister scene was excellent as usual.

Roose Bolton is becoming awesome; really digging McElhatton's portrayal.

The bath scene was perfect. NCJ and Christie continue to own as a duo.

Robb's scenes were good too. I don't have any issues with Talisa like so many others do.

Jon and Ygritte was also excellent.

Emille Clark continues to own Dany this season.

Beric, Thoros, Arya and the Hound are simply magnificent.

Perfect episode. Well done!

I was just thinking about that scene just before and, for me personally, it feels like Jon and Ygritte met days ago - a week max - and so that's why the scene feels so out-of-the-blue and rushed. Also, I don't find it believable that they are in love. It feels like a fling (maybe that's what the show writer's are going for? It'd be weird if they were).

I get this entirely. Too bad, because when Ygritte gets to Castle Black what happens is going to feel pretty forced, much like most of Jon's scenes. She's pretty sassy, but Jon is just so bluuuugh. Not very likable in the show.

I get this entirely. Too bad, because when Ygritte gets to Castle Black what happens is going to feel pretty forced, much like most of Jon's scenes. She's pretty sassy, but Jon is just so bluuuugh. Not very likable in the show.

Yes... I know exactly what you mean. It's a pity, Jon is my favourite character

I gave it a 10, great writing, great acting, pertinent storylines, loved it all except:

- Stannis storyline, I don't get it, why do we have to see this storyline?

- Daenerys walking around Esos with 10000 people, all pretty, wandering, but where are the provisions? Lannister's are losing their butt on supplying war time army. Daenery's, no problem. SMH.

- Tywin not having a clue that Loras is not the marrying kind. (I guess this hints that Tywin does not know all.)

Wtf @ Ser Davos not being able to read but Ros can.

But GREAT episode overall. Gave it a nice 8!

If I knew that one of two commoners could read, where one was a smuggler and the other a luxury prostitute catering to the highest lords in the area, I'd probably put my money on the latter.

Seems we're mostly in agreement here. I voted 9, of course, like most folks. Not quite perfect, but the best 3rd season episode so far. Who in God's name were the four people who gave it 4 or below, though? :o Two people gave it 1.

Edited by The Killer Snark

Finally got to watch the episode and gave it another 10.

Every scene was great IMO.

Selyse is fanatical and creepy. Shireen is sad and sweet. Stannis has been humanized finally.

The Lannister scene was excellent as usual.

Roose Bolton is becoming awesome; really digging McElhatton's portrayal.

The bath scene was perfect. NCJ and Christie continue to own as a duo.

Robb's scenes were good too. I don't have any issues with Talisa like so many others do.

Jon and Ygritte was also excellent.

Emille Clark continues to own Dany this season.

Beric, Thoros, Arya and the Hound are simply magnificent.

Perfect episode. Well done!

I agree with everything. The one thing about Talisa is that I just don't understand why they didn't just make her Jeyne Westerling? What would have been the big deal? I guess we will find out? I know people think Talisa is a spy or one of the sand snakes but if not, why not keep Jeyne Westerling as a character?

I agree with everything. The one thing about Talisa is that I just don't understand why they didn't just make her Jeyne Westerling? What would have been the big deal? I guess we will find out? I know people think Talisa is a spy or one of the sand snakes but if not, why not keep Jeyne Westerling as a character?

They wanted to avoid casting the rest of the Westerlings. Also, Jeyne is dull as dishwater. Which is not to say the replacement is much better.

Amazing ep. You could really feel the kiss/fire theme. Like others I wish Jaime was a little more clear with his delivery of the important lines though.

Totally agree, brilliant episode again, loved the use of fire as the theme through all the cut scenes, the fight with The Hound and Beric was brilliantly done too, especially Sandor's fear of the fire.

Loved the scene with Gendry and Arya and also the one with Arya, Thoros and Beric, giving a bit more background and depth to the extent that the Brotherhood has been working behind the scenes.

Jaime and Brienne's scenes were brilliantly played too, loved his line where he says his name is Jaime, simple but really effective and the Dragonstone story line was done well too, good to see they've stuck with Shireen's greyscale and great to see Davos back on screen.

Absolutely cracking ending with Tywin, Cersei and Tyrion and a fairly complex book plot (the Tyrell's plotting and the Wilas (now Loras) wedding suggestion for Cersei) got much simplified for the TV version which I think worked really well.

Was interesting to see they've gone to Yunkai (on the title map anyways) and not missed it out and headed straight to Mereen also loved the scenes with Grey Worm.

The scenes beyond the Wall were the weakest for me but then I'm not a Jon Snow fan but they were well done in terms of advancing the plot along for the assault by the Wildlings and I liked the way they reintroduced Walder Frey in the scenes with Robb at Riverrun.

I gave it an 8 (but it was more of an 8.5 for me).

Edited by Cadiva

Been rewatching the 1st season and maybe it's Sean Bean's greatness but I'd consider all 10 episodes to be 10/10. King Robert is awesome as well.

So considering how much better I like season 1 I'm going to have to cap each ep of season 3 at 8/10 unless it really knocks my socks off.

I agree, but that's also because the source material is better, in my opinion. It happened with a lot of other stories, such as, LOTR, where clearly the fellowship was the best for me. A Storm of Swords is a better book in terms of wow events, but it lacks the cohesion of Game of Thrones.

I give it a 8

The sword fighting was splendid.

really liked Robb's scenes and Karstark execution too.

Jaime's confession was great.

Charles Dance owning the scene as usual.

Jon and Ygritte was alright. But I'm not really feeling their relationship like in the book.

I only have a problem with Barristan and Jorah scene, being all BFFs and Barristan not knowing that Jorah was an informer to Varys.