How would you rate episode 305?

Ran

How would you rate episode 305?  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

Been rewatching the 1st season and maybe it's Sean Bean's greatness but I'd consider all 10 episodes to be 10/10. King Robert is awesome as well.

So considering how much better I like season 1 I'm going to have to cap each ep of season 3 at 8/10 unless it really knocks my socks off.

First season had a lot of great actors.

Ned, Robert and Viserys. All great.

If I knew that one of two commoners could read, where one was a smuggler and the other a luxury prostitute catering to the highest lords in the area, I'd probably put my money on the latter.

Well, seeing as how smuggling is Davos's former profession and that he is a high lord's right hand man instead of some fly by the night romp in the sack I'd put my money on him!

But then again, Ros did apparently sleep with Pycelle in season one, so maybe he taught her in between their sessions. Oh, Ros, the whore who can do everything!

I know that Davos not being able to read is how it's supposed to be, cause that's the way it was in the books. but when Ros revealed that she can read I was 100% over her character. Done.

I love the way we are sticking more to the book in all the really important scenes. NCW looked really sick and suffering too. I have already watched it twice and will watch it again later this week. The only thing I didn't like was the Loras scene with the squire. In the books he was a member of the Kings guard and after Renly you never get the impression that Loras wanted anyone else. I suppose somewhere, somebody is loving these scenes but not hard core fans I am sure. I really laughed when Tywin nailed Cersei with the" You will do your duty too".

Well, seeing as how smuggling is Davos's former profession and that he is a high lord's right hand man instead of some fly by the night romp in the sack I'd put my money on him!

But then again, Ros did apparently sleep with Pycelle in season one, so maybe he taught her in between their sessions. Oh, Ros, the whore who can do everything!

I know that Davos not being able to read is how it's supposed to be, cause that's the way it was in the books. but when Ros revealed that she can read I was 100% over her character. Done.

Let's not pretend like it takes that long to read how to read. All you need is a reason (which most Westerosi peasants don't have) and it's pretty simple. Remember that she's not every whore in Westeros, she's just one whore who learned to read.

10. I think the only other two I've rated this high was Blackwater and last week's episode.

Both bath scenes were freaking amazing! Finally I saw a sex scene that was worthy of replaying over and over:) Ygritte's face when she said," we should" was sexy as all hell. I wish they had prefaced this scene with more back story from the books. They've really short changed Jon's character and story lines:(

Jaime's bath scene acting was magnificent. It was sweet seeing the curve of Brienne's hip! She looked so feminine and I loved the angle they chose. It was elegantly filmed and it surprised me. I wish they had added the line ," Let him be the KIng over ashes and bones".

Arya's ," I can be your family" made me tear up instantly, as did the line about a man without a head.

Hound fight scene was excellent. YAY I saw a flaming sword! Beric is a gem of an actor. His speaking voice is captivating to listen to. Everything he says sounds important because of his speech patterns and resonance.

Shireen and Selyse were excellent! What a sweet cutie pie Shireen is and she's a great actress. Great interaction with Davos:)

Tywin's smack down of his kids was perfect.

Lord Bolton shined in his scene. He's so scary it's freaky.

I'll give it a solid 8. Jaime's story in the bath was far and away the best scene. I think the Dondarrion resurrection could have been handled better, and Tormund's seriousness is irking me BIG TIME north of the Wall. The Tywin-and-children scene was good, as was Barristan v. Jorah. Nothing else stood out as remarkable, though.

this was my favourite episode this season.

sure, there wasn't a singular moment as spectacular as last week's Dany unleashing the fire moment, but overall i found this episode to be more intense and solid from start to finish.

the bathtub scene with Jaime and Brienne was FLAWLESS. it was precisely how i imagined it, only even better, honestly. because both actors look really fantastic naked. i love that they showed Brienne in the nude, with a very sensual gorgeous womanly body. and i adored the final shot where she was cradling Jaime. just fantastic!

Tywin's absolute power and command is magnificent to watch. he just dresses down Tyrion and Cersei with such conviction and resoluteness. they really have nothing to say. the actor playing Tywin is SUPERB.

i also completely loved Loras' scene with the squire. i thought it was an ingenious way to get Littlefinger the information he needs to move forward with his plan. and also the scene was just HOT. that squire was sexy as all get out and i like that the show isn't afraid to go there with the gay scene the way they do endlessly with the straight ones.

I only have a problem with Barristan and Jorah scene, being all BFFs and Barristan not knowing that Jorah was an informer to Varys.

They werent BFFs at all! Jorah was probing Barristan to see whether he knew about the spying, then Barristan told him that maybe he should step aside as advisor. Then Jorah told him to backoff. It wasnt very friendly in the least

Been rewatching the 1st season and maybe it's Sean Bean's greatness but I'd consider all 10 episodes to be 10/10. King Robert is awesome as well.

So considering how much better I like season 1 I'm going to have to cap each ep of season 3 at 8/10 unless it really knocks my socks off.

That's because season 1 was the most faithful to the source material. Ros and the infamous Petyr & 2 whores scenes were the only big departures from the book.

Let's not pretend like it takes that long to read how to read. All you need is a reason (which most Westerosi peasants don't have) and it's pretty simple. Remember that she's not every whore in Westeros, she's just one whore who learned to read.

I never said it takes a long time to learn to read? It's pretty easy learning to the average person. All I'm saying is that she gets more credit than she deserves. I didn't mind her character in the first season (minus that minutes long LF dialogue where she was fisting the whore who looks like a foreigner but is actually from flea bottom), I could see how she was useful then because she provided us with insight to points of views we did not get in the book. But now they're just throwing her in for the hell of it, and have her being a step ahead LF is something that I call bullshit on.

I give it an 8. A strong 8, but an 8.

Bigger Negatives:

LF channeling Batman is getting very grating. Not sure why we need the throaty growl from someone whose speciality is supposed to be subtleness.

Selyse and the Area 51 Babies.

Loras and the pool boy: this was the man who was utterly distraught over his love dying, and now a relatively short time later Renly isn't even a thought.

Minor negatives:

I wish in Jaime's monologue they had included the "keep the kings secrets" instead of "Ned Starks honor" - just a personal preference but I think it shows more the conflict the KG should have in serving the kings.

Arya not being an instigator in the Hound/Beric duel based on her statement of Mycah being killed. Again, a personal preference, but I liked how that had been key for Beric in his actions.

John & Ygritte does feel some rushed, but really kinda minor.

Olenna & Tyrion - I wish in some way the banter had been better, but it just goes to show that when it all comes down to it, she is about getting business done.

Going to miss not having Garlan the gallant at the PW.

It was a fantastic episode - aside from LF growling, the acting was superb. best fight scene so far. Jorah and Selmy sparring in their own way - I LOVED that they brought back in that these two are allies in a common cause, but not with each other.

Davos and Shireen was amazing (though as I said elsewhere, how the daughter of the king gets into the dungeons to see the traitor is a little iffy). Shireen and Stannis was classic. Selyse was as crazy as promised.

And then Tywin figuratively bending his children over his knee and swatting them.

I'm realizing I shouldn't vote to rate until I watch it the second time. I think I'm too excited for each episode to fully process it on the initial viewing. It's watching it the second time that I'm able to fully appreciate each scene on a deeper level. So I had to go back and change my vote to a 9 after re-watching it last night. This episode was powerful on so many levels.

I especially watched Maisie Williams, Stephan Dillane and the actor who is playing Roose more closely. Maisie is just absolutely spectacular. I think we are going to run out of words that accurately describe her performances before this series is over. I am now seeing what everyone on here has been saying about Dillane and now agree he is the perfect Stannis. Fuck! I think I'm turning into a damn Stannis fan! Roose was perfect, the tone of his voice. I can't wait to see his dinner with Brienne and Jaime next week.

Also, I think we can argue but most would agree that Peter Dinklage owned the first two seasons of GoT, but not anymore. For me, this season is all about NCW with Charles Dance running a close second. I am so completely blown away by him. Please, please, please he has to be nominated and win for something. Preferably, an Emmy.

I really love that they are engaging the book readers and non-book readers and really hitting some of those special moments in the book so well. We can argue about changes all day long and I know that will continue throughout the series, but when they do stick to closely following the book - they do it incredibly well.

I :wub: this show!!!

Arya not being an instigator in the Hound/Beric duel based on her statement of Mycah being killed. Again, a personal preference, but I liked how that had been key for Beric in his actions.

She was, it was brought up last episode. In fact, her accusation was the main reason for the trial in the show.

9/10

Loved the Sandor/Beric fight - but this episode's high point was definitely the Jaime and Brienne bath scene for me. So intense, and I salute the showmakers for including it, and dedicating considerable time to it - and of course the actors for conveying it brilliantly :bowdown:

9/10.

My favorite scenes were:

- Beric fighting the Hound

- Arya and Gendry parting

- Jaime and Brienne

- Shireen and Davos

- Selyse (I kinda liked the jars, because they added to the overall horror)

- Tyrion's and Olenna's little talk

- the Lannister Christmas table

Beheading scene was great, awesome music + the Rickard actor really nailed it. Selyse and Shireen also awesome. I felt like Jaime bath scene was mediocre tbh. Also Robb/Talysa scene was pretty stupid. I mean it felt like Robb was looking at the map for a brilliant idea and came with "LOLZ I CAN GO TO THE TWINS!! THAT'S IT". That felt pretty stupid. Gave it a 7, solid work, for season 3 at least.