[Book Spoilers] No Patchface?

Warrior Queen

If you think about it her having Patchface's ability could even be explained by almost surviving Greyscale, though I think they just put that in there as a small nod to book readers. I hope she continues to sing songs but we'll see...

Just like they had one of Stannis's children named Edric as a nod to Edric Storm who died on the cutting room floor of the show and became a pickled still born in a jar...

There are no fools in this show, no Moonboy, no Butterbumps, and they cut out Dontos very quickly, so why were any of you expecting Patchface?

Did they get rid of Dontos? Figured we'd see him again with Sansa, though he was probably just a nod to bookreaders. I just assumed he was going to play a bigger role than just that one scene where Joff's goons telepathically infer his orders.

So if Shireen takes over his role, how will they explain her 'gift'? Will they say it came with the greyscale?

i really hope not, patchfaces 'gift' was never spoken of in the books, i mean we had the story of what happedned to him when he was young, which we deducted our selves as being the reason. but he never had anyone noticing his creeping forshadowing songs, well not anyone who doesnt see skulls floating around his head anyway. poor shireen first she has Val hatein on her for her greyscale now she will have Mel hatein on her for her songs... if thats truely how they are going to play this out

I was hoping Stannis would get into her chamber and ask where she heard that song, and she'd say Patchface and he'd hop out all jolly hopping from one foot to another :) but no that didn't happen.

that was my first thought, how hard would it be to just say "where did you hear that song" "patchface" done!! we dont even hav to see him just yet, aslong as his existance is meantioned

Apparently Shireen can channel Patchface in the show.

haha i know right with out the explination of patchface it just seems like she is some creepy little child, where as in the books she was just sad. poor thing. it seems like Stannis lives with a bunch of creepy women who are al cursed and slightly evil. we know its not the case but it gives off that impression

I'm glad they didn't bother with any of the Fools. Having people play mentally-disabled characters whose main purpose was for the other characters' amusement would not be good.

well i know what you mean. but patchface might become quite important in the future, their is very much something that doesnt meet the eye with that jolly-creepy fella

The fact that Stannis didn't ask about the song probably means that he's just used to it, something she's always done.

or he didnt really notice, young girls sing songs all the timehe most likely didnt put much thought to it, he has a kingdom to try and claim lols, he also didnt get a very good chance to hear the creepy words since as soon as she saw him she cut off

Now I forget how Shireen got greyscale and how Patchface claimed his prophetic visions, but don't these both involve falling off a boat? I remember Patchface was the survivor of a voyage with no one else, but they could merge the two stories together in that way.

I thought that Greyscale was sorta like chickenpox?

It's always summer under the sea................ Winter is coming

I know, I know, oh oh oooh................ I guess he knows

The birds have scales, and the fish take wing............ Dragons are coming, Lysa Tully takes the moongate

I know, I know, oh oh oooh............ Again, patchy knows

The rain is dry, and the snow falls up............ utterly clueless here, Ramsay and Jon rise in ranks

I know, I know, oh oh oooh............ Damn that's a smart patchy

The stones crack open, the water burns............ Castles fall/Stone eggs hatch, blackwater bay burns

The shadows come to dance, my love............ Melisandre has summoned the shadows

The shadows come to play............ The shadows do their little killings

The shadows come to dance, my love ............ Melisandre has summoned the shadows

The shadows come to stay............. We have yet to see more of those shadows.

Just my guess here ^^

anyone else who imagined this song going much faster? As a fool's song i tought it was in a jolly tone, even with the prophecies.

Fairly good analysis there Rhasgul, loved the Lysa Tully part, makes so much sense!

I always imagined it as very depressing, because Patchface is an extremely sad character, who hasnt been funny in years, or particularly jolly from what I gather. Just my impression though, it's possible that he is described as jolly in the books.

Did they get rid of Dontos? Figured we'd see him again with Sansa, though he was probably just a nod to bookreaders. I just assumed he was going to play a bigger role than just that one scene where Joff's goons telepathically infer his orders.

D&D have said recently that we haven't seen the last of Dontos.

http://www.hollywood...lk-third-439307

I'm also sad about no Moonboy, because now we can't get Tyrion's famous line about Cersei fucking Lancel and Kettleblack and Moonboy for all he knows....

I think Patchreen means that both characters are important

They couldn't cast both so they amalgamated them

We get both kings blood with greyscale - remember Val "dead girl"

And creepy prophecies

Btw did anyone think that the greyscale makeup looked like a patch of whitewalker make up but grey not blue?

Archived