[BOOK SPOILERS] Lady Talysa

I really don't think Jeyne is pregnant in the book. We already got four potential Stark heirs (Jon Snow, Sansa, Bran & Rickon) in the game, we don't need a fifth.

Killing off Talisa would be the easy way, but I quite like the notion of her being made a hostage, and being ransomed to her family in Volantis, returning there and then possibly interacting with Tyrion and Jorah Mormont come season 6.

Speaking of Talisa, when Robb and her gets married, they say the vows of the Old Gods. I think that is weird since Robb worshipped the Old Gods in the north like his father and Talisa claims to be ignorant of Westorosi customs. Did I miss something that suggests that Robb follows the Faith of the Seven like his mother? Or that Talisa wants her marriage recognized by the Seven? If not, I find that VERRRRYYY interesting and weird and even maybe a mistake!

Speaking of Talisa, when Robb and her gets married, they say the vows of the Old Gods. I think that is weird since Robb worshipped the Old Gods in the north like his father and Talisa claims to be ignorant of Westorosi customs. Did I miss something that suggests that Robb follows the Faith of the Seven like his mother? Or that Talisa wants her marriage recognized by the Seven? If not, I find that VERRRRYYY interesting and weird and even maybe a mistake!

Ned married Catelyn in Riverrun in the books , where there aren't any Weirwood trees. It is assumed he married her by the faith of the 7. I don't think it matters which faith performs the ceremony for the marriage to be considered consecrated. Also, Jon is the only one who we know holds to the old gods to the exclusion of all others in the books. For Catelyn's kids I've always assumed that they hold both.

Re. Talisa. I think it's likely that the show will kill her.

I think it's 75% likely that she will be killed at the RW and 25% likely that she will be captured, ransomed back to her family, and get looped back into the story when other characters start heading for Volantis. I'm kind of hoping for the less likely scenario, because then at least there will be SOME earthly point in her existence.

As opposed to Jeyne who has no personality in the book whatsoever? Whilst I don't always like the way they do it in these things, I can see why they would recycle characters in the TV show.

25% likely that she will be captured, ransomed back to her family, and get looped back into the story when other characters start heading for Volantis.

This has been my suspicion for a while now. I think it's possible she could be intended to be combined with a Volantene character we haven't met yet that will be in Winds of Winter.

Of course, I could be wrong. But I hope she doesn't die at the Red Wedding.

I think it's possible D and D will merge her with Jeyne Poole.

Roose figures he can use her now as access to Winterfell (ala Arya), so he takes her hostage during the RW, brings her back to the Dreadfort, Ramsay tortures her, she befriends Theon while they're planning for the marriage pact, etc. This way too we can further explore her character and let Oona Chaplin further show off her acting chops (she's very promising as an actress but hasn't been utilized, like, at all).

I definitely don't believe in the traitor-theory.

I think that she'll either replace Jeyne Westerling and not attend the RW/escape, and we'll later find out that she's pregnant

or that she'll get captured and replace Jeyne Poole as Ramsay's bride, meaning Theon rescues her at Winterfell in the ADWD-season.

I would prefer to see her killed, though. Don't like her. At all.

I doubt she'll die, they learly changed Jeyne to Talisa for a reason. I don't mind either way, as long as it makes sense and isn't a total bore.

I am sincerely hoping that Talisa is a spy (which would help to vindicate D&D's choice to completely fabricate her character for the series); however, like others have said, this seems pretty far-fetched. Still, I have this sneaking suspicion that she will survive, escape to Volantis, and give birth to Robb's heir.

I'm hoping we get the cold, merciless massacre and slaughter and not some glorious fight scene/last stand. I can't remember why but I think some scene from a trailer back before the season started gave me an impression this might happen. But since then I think it was really from Karstark's execution scene. I really can't understand the missing Grey Wind from this episode though, really?! WTF?! I already didn't like the missing GreatJon, Dacey Mormont and other North bannerman. Good to see that there is a Manderly still there at least.

Maybe there will be a scene where Robb states he's taking x, y, z, a, b, and c Lords with him :dunno: so it isn't just a bunch of nameless bannerman he dies with.

Sorry for the rant, just getting more and more dissapointed with this scene that D&D "wanted to be true to" or whatever the line they said in regards to the Red Wedding.

As far as Talisa is concerned:

1. I wouldn't mind her being a spy as long as she still died with them, seems something Tywin would do. lol As long as she doesn't replace Roose killing Robb, I will be fine with her dying spy or not.

2. If she is captured, I could see her becoming Jeyne Poole and fake Arya but I think the other idea of ransoming her and further interaction with other characters in Volantis is more likely.

3. If she is preggers and gets out with the Blackfish, I think this is the best outcome for her character and would at least give Jeyne Westerling a reason to not be just the (biggest)reason for Robb's demise.

*Dons flamesuit*

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1e9c2o/spoilers_all_doubling_down_the_talisa_theory_is/c9y17zn

Another spoiler about her at the RW, which would seem to contradict the spoiler above.

Apparently she's the first person to be killed at the RW, so she couldn't go out and help the wounded. Maybe she's referring to her arrival at Harrenal in Episode 1, although she doesn't have her medical kit in that scene. But she wouldn't have her medical kit while attending a wedding either, and the images so far suggest she'd be inside the hall. There was also a leak from the set (I can't find it right now) when the RW was filming claiming she was sitting at the table with Robb, so I don't know what the make of her interview. Maybe a scene next episode? We'll have to see.

Archived