[BOOK SPOILERS] Lady Talysa

Well I'm rooting for the spy angle, but for it to only be hinted in the RW but revealed much later in the story. I don't think King Tommen's arguments are convincing at all. I mean he brings up that book Jeyne showing up was all happenstance in one breath an then shouts down Talisa and Robb falling for each other while she is spying on him can't be happenstance in the next breath. Its the same thing. In my mind the scenario where Jeyne was in on it all along is much more believable then the book where it was her mom conspiring against her daughter. I'm hoping its set up where she starts out as a spy, falls for Robb, and then has been writing misinformation to Tywin only for it to be contradicted by Bolton, and that she isn't complicit in the RW. In that way she can be both guilty and innocent. It also remedies what a fish out of water Jeyne was in the book being pretty much the only black and white character.

In some ways I think they have set her up to be like Margaery. Remember in Margaery speech to Sansa she brings up the things wome will do to ensure the well being of their children.Margaery is doing it. Cersei did it. Cat did it Grandma Tyrell will do it. And IMO Talisa will do it also.

Anyone who thinks that Jeyne Westerling in the books was an active participant in some kind of long con to screw over Robb Stark and is some kind of secret devious schemer has an overly active imagination and hasn't been reading the books very attentively. There is zero, zero evidence of this being the case. She's a shy, nice girl who other characters note seems to genuinely care for Robb and she is shown to be devastated and withdrawn by his death. She's innocent and there was no great plan to seduce Robb. Unless the Westerlings used some kind of dark magic to create the circumstances where Robb just happened to get wounded and need care at the Crag and they orchestrated him receiving the news of his brothers' "deaths" just as Jeyne happened to be around so he'd sleep with her and then feel guilty and decide to marry her the next day. Hell of a schemer that Jeyne, she's a better ninja than Talisa is.

Also, I have both "aggressively pursued" someone I was attracted to and been pursued aggressively by someone who liked me. I know the difference and if you care to re-watch the scenes between Robb and Talisa in S2 (although I don't recommend it on account of them being not very well written), I don't think there's any doubt that Robb is the pursuer. He searches her out on multiple occasions after they first meet. She also has a really weird way of making an intro unless she was aware Robb would be really into curt backtalk while she was trying to do her job. She really did her homework in her 5 year spy training course with Tywin because she figured out that Robb would get a boner from a girl emasculating him and speaking out of turn. She's a super ninja!

I don't agree with everyone assuming that if Robb's baby dies in the show, that means it's dead in the books. The show has taken liberties with a lot of stuff, and I kind of assume it will write its own ending at the rate ASoIaF is going-- not just in terms of the length of time it takes for the books to come out, but also all the intricacies with prophecies, history, internal monologues, the hundreds of characters in the books who cannot appear in a TV universe, etc. To me, the show is its own thing, and nothing the show does has any bearing on future books. But if I'm proven wrong, that's cool.

Even though I was hoping for the Jeyne escapes with Blackfish theory to be true, I really can't stand Talysa in the show anymore. I hope the bitch dies screaming.

:agree: I hope she does first, that way I can at least be saddened by Robb's own reaction but still gleeful she's gone for good lol. I know, I know it's a bit crazy.

And to those saying others have problems, I seriously doubt they've never called someone a bitch they didn't like, or never hated a fictional character before I call b.s on that.

Admittedly, I have once called a women a bitch, but only once. Without going into the ins and outs, suffice to say that in my view she betrayed women. The term bitch similarly to the N… word is one I do not personally approve of. It’s usage, can only ever be possibly considered semi-acceptable is if it is used by one female to another. Just like a white person calling a black person a n…, a man calling a women a bitch is wholly unacceptable. Full Stop.

definitely, they need to build something up for this episode. non-book readers don't even care about Robb.

I just said this in another thread. None of my friends are book readers, not a single one of them care at all about Robb. They see his story as nothing but a distraction from what is really happening. At first, when he was sweeping down with his army, they were interested, but once that stalled and it is turned into nothing but a Harlequin Romance novel, they have completely lost interest. I am pretty sure they are going to be happy when he dies so he no longer shares the screen with the rest of the cast.

Admittedly, I have once called a women a bitch, but only once. Without going into the ins and outs, suffice to say that in my view she betrayed women. The term bitch similarly to the N… word is one I do not personally approve of. It’s usage, can only ever be possibly considered semi-acceptable is if it is used by one female to another. Just like a white person calling a black person a n…, a man calling a women a bitch is wholly unacceptable. Full Stop.

I can agree with that. It's definitely worse if a man calls a woman that than a woman to another. All I was saying was that its not 'crazy' to call someone that. I just think, in the terms of how it was mentioned in the thread, what was brought up just shows that someone is really into the series. There have been fandoms I've been really into where I hate certain characters and would love to see them die. Admittedly Talisa is one of the and I'd more than happily call her a bitch.

It seems like people are getting way to worked up over what was said though. Why should they care if that other person hates Talisa and wants to see her die screaming? She's just a non fictional character, it's not like this is real life and they're saying that about an actual person. To say 'you need to get checked out' is going a little to far when it's only a show/book. That was my whole thing. I definitely wouldn't care to see that happen to someone in real life but I will be so glad if she dies at the RW.

I think the whole Talisa is a spy thing really silly. If it ends up being true, I'll lose a lot of faith in this show, especially if she is actually pregnant.

And seriously, there's nothing wrong with calling a fictional character a bitch. Some fictional characters are meant to be bitches. I don't think Talisa is one of them, of course, and I don't really understand where all the hatred comes from, but I really don't take it very seriously, since she isn't even real.

And seriously, there's nothing wrong with calling a fictional character a bitch. Some fictional characters are meant to be bitches. I don't think Talisa is one of them, of course, and I don't really understand where all the hatred comes from, but I really don't take it very seriously, since she isn't even real.

I think a lot of the hate comes from her being to modern. That's why I don't like her anyway. She's to modern and cliche for my taste considering the setting this little 'love story' is taking place in. I do think she comes off bitchy in certain scenes tbh but that might just be my personal opinion.

Even though I was hoping for the Jeyne escapes with Blackfish theory to be true, I really can't stand Talysa in the show anymore. I hope the bitch (nice lady who is a shittier character than Jeyne Westerling and whose scenes are disliked by Elio & Linda) dies screaming.

Better? Boy, how PC can you people get? You guys have the talent to suck the life right out of anyone. Also, double standards, much? A man calling a woman bitch worse than a woman calling another woman the same? BS.

Secondly, to all those who suggested that I get myself checked out because of what I said, you obviously don't get the fact that I was expressing an expectation through a crude joke. I don't call women bitches and I certainly wouldn't wish death on anyone in real life.

Lastly, Talisa is just an all around bad character. She's not compelling, she's boring. Robb marrying a foreign girl with no status in Westeros who is extremely shady makes no sense (in the books the marriage with Jeyne makes perfect sense), their love story is cliche and boring (although she has a nice ass (what, am I being sexist now? Am I objectifying women now?)) and the scene with her writing to her mother was just awful. Maybe by killing her at the RW they will devote more time to developing actual important characters.

That's all I had to say. May your swords never shrink (from rust)

Even though I was hoping for the Jeyne escapes with Blackfish theory to be true, I really can't stand Talysa in the show anymore. I hope the bitch (nice lady who is a shittier character than Jeyne Westerling and whose scenes are disliked by Elio & Linda) dies screaming.

How is that possible? What exactly did Jeyne do in the books? I'm not a fan of Talisa (I blame poor writing, not the character itself), but to say that...

Archived