[BOOK SPOILERS] On weddings

Rob with one B

The QOT's easy capitulation is what sets her up to participate in Joff's poisoning, or at least this is what it looks like the show's version of events is leading towards. It makes sense in terms of one-upping Tywin in addition to keeping the jerk Joff away from Margery. I suspect somewhere in that timeline Loras will still end up in the KG, perhaps on his own volition when he finds out he is to marry Cersei.

I agree with this if what you are saying is that the QoT realizing Tywin can't win that easily then decides to poison Joff. Like right when she walked out of that room she knew she was gonna have to go to war with the Lannisters. Not openly though.

3 weddings in a row? no I don't think so. I think they will draw it out until maybe half way through next season. we know quite a few things happen next season but there will not be as much as this season so I would understand if they smeared some things over like the PW and the battle at the wall, certainly the second battle which takes place on the north side of the Wall but also possibly the battle at Castle Black (which will be interesting since the TV show Wall has no stairs only the winch :frown5:)

3 weddings in a row? no I don't think so. I think they will draw it out until maybe half way through next season. we know quite a few things happen next season but there will not be as much as this season so I would understand if they smeared some things over like the PW and the battle at the wall, certainly the second battle which takes place on the north side of the Wall but also possibly the battle at Castle Black (which will be interesting since the TV show Wall has no stairs only the winch :frown5:)

They can always make stairs appear. For the TV audience they probably won't even realize there weren't stairs there before or just assume that they didn't show them to us.

And yes, 3 weddings in a row would be too much. but there will be at least two of them. unfortunately for everyone we will have to wait a long time to see [spoiler/] Joff die

on screen. UNLESS the last episode of this season starts the PW but does not end it, like it fades out as Margarey is walking down the aisle or whatever. Oh man, this is actually sounding really good to me. Like it makes it seem like Joffrey has won and his enemies are no more. You know? like the RW has happened, Tyrion-Sansa has happened, Stannis does not pose an obvious threat. I can imagine the hate that would make everyone feel for Joffrey even more intense.

This thought has made me feel like this:

(I am the the emperor)

If Loras joins the KIngsguard to get out of his wedding (and in doing so probably annoying his family but giving him the opportunity to avoid awkward future situations regarding his sexual preferences and to be closer to and protect his sister) then Show Loras is literally Jaime Lannister mark 2

They can always make stairs appear. For the TV audience they probably won't even realize there weren't stairs there before or just assume that they didn't show them to us.

And yes, 3 weddings in a row would be too much. but there will be at least two of them. unfortunately for everyone we will have to wait a long time to see [spoiler/] Joff die

on screen. UNLESS the last episode of this season starts the PW but does not end it, like it fades out as Margarey is walking down the aisle or whatever. Oh man, this is actually sounding really good to me. Like it makes it seem like Joffrey has won and his enemies are no more. You know? like the RW has happened, Tyrion-Sansa has happened, Stannis does not pose an obvious threat. I can imagine the hate that would make everyone feel for Joffrey even more intense.

This thought has made me feel like this:

(I am the the emperor)

HAHA that link made me laugh, im in total agreement that the first two weddings will take place this season.. it in known.. and yeah I guess your right about them placing some stairs in, or maybe they will drop the stairs thing all together while still keeping an awesome battle.

If Loras joins the KIngsguard to get out of his wedding (and in doing so probably annoying his family but giving him the opportunity to avoid awkward future situations regarding his sexual preferences and to be closer to and protect his sister) then Show Loras is literally Jaime Lannister mark 2

oh wow yeah, it totally seems like that's how they are going with this, pft geez D & D c'mon guys. but hopefully they come up with something a bit more creative

Except Aerys was the King, Cersei wasn't the Queen, and Jaime and Cersei were lovers.

But agreed. It would make their stories similar.

What if they don't have the PW at all? It would still be easy to kill off Joffrey the same way, at some dinner, and retain the same plotline of accusing Tyrion, while having Sansa's hairnet, etc...

According to this video, Sophie Turner said that "Book readers will be Super Shocked." I've been trying to think what on earth that could mean.

By having Joffrey still die this season, before his wedding, they save a ton of time that's perhaps better spent telling other stories, and we'll have seen enough weddings anyway, while saving money on production costs, still wrap up the King's Landing storyline arc, and blow everyone's mind all at the same time.

As has been said repeatedly, The Red Viper isn't coming to KL for a wedding. He's coming to sit on the small council for the Myrcella exchange. We don't really need to see him until the beginning of next season anyway. Of course, perhaps he'll still show up. It wouldn't be hard to keep his casting under wraps if he's not on camera with many people.

And before anyone cries about Penny and the jousting, I highly doubt any country would allow animals to be used in that manner, especially on film, anyway. We might hear that she did that once upon a time, but I doubt we'll see it. But who knows?

Just a thought. :dunno:

By having Joffrey still die this season, before his wedding, they save a ton of time that's perhaps better spent telling other stories, and we'll have seen enough weddings anyway, while saving money on production costs, still wrap up the King's Landing storyline arc, and blow everyone's mind all at the same time.

If Joff dies before his wedding, then Margaery doesn't become The Queen, which pretty much destroys the Margaery-Cersei dynamic later on.

If Joff dies before his wedding, then Margaery doesn't become The Queen, which pretty much destroys the Margaery-Cersei dynamic later on.

She could still marry Tommen. Since he is the next heir. But I really don't think they will skip the PW even though it is possible in show terms.

Side note: how much money do they really need to save on sets and what-not? I mean, it's not like this show is unpopular. Is HBO just giving them a raw deal or something??

In the books she does technically marry Tommen, just because the Tyrells didn't want to risk Tommen dying as well (yeah, right...), though the marriage won't be consumated until after Tommen is of a proper age, making her the Queen.

OK, what's the issue here? They havent even mentioned Elia yet, so I'm not sure how effective it would be.

All it takes is a single scene in early S4 between Oberyn and Tyrion inwhich the Lannister's sack of Kings Landing is discussed, in particular what Gregor did to Elia and the children.

Archived