[Book Spoilers] Trial by combat

aFeastForDragons

I taught the Hound vs Beric dual was incredible!! The sword-fighting and camera work was brilliant and the best fight they've had so far.

One thing I didn't like were how they left out arguably the Hound's best line in the books "This cave is dark too, but I'm the terror here".

I can't wait to see the Mountain vs Oberyn next season!

Loved the fight. Wonderfully done. The Hound is one of my fav story lines, even if he isn't a POV character.

I thought the fight was great, but they cut one of the Hound's best lines and replaced it with the stupid jibe about Mycah.

... arguably the Hound's best line in the books "This cave is dark too, but I'm the terror here".

Again, I agree. Great line and I'm positive Rory McCann would've nailed it. I love his spin on Sandor.

The duel was awesome! I liked how both ate their shields out before going into clashing their swords all over the place. Plus, the Hound really controlled his fear of fire. He was literally turned ablaze when Dondarrion began answering his slashes.

Loved the fight. Wonderfully done. The Hound is one of my fav story lines, even if he isn't a POV character.

^ Amen to that.... there are certain characters who aren't POV, yet their stories are more interesting from the POV of the main characters. The fact GRRM keeps us out of their minds is a thrilling adventure giving us tireless nightmares of what is or what a character present will do next.

Edit: Grammar thingy.

I will echo the sentiment that I wish the Hounds terror line was in it, but it was an awesome scene. He did squirm a little bit after Beric is killed, not full fledged cry, but I think the scene had to be shortened so they couldn't include his crying and Arya realizing how truly afraid he was before attempting to kill him lol.

^ Amen to that.... there are certain characters who aren't POV, yet their stories are more interesting from the POV of the main characters. The fact GRRM keeps us out of their minds is a thrilling adventure giving us tireless nightmares of what is or what a character present will do next.

I agree. I do hope we will see more of Sandor... ;)

I taught the Hound vs Beric dual was incredible!! The sword-fighting and camera work was brilliant and the best fight they've had so far.

One thing I didn't like were how they left out arguably the Hound's best line in the books "This cave is dark too, but I'm the terror here".

I can't wait to see the Mountain vs Oberyn next season!

They also left out the laughter when they say it will be trial by combat. Shows the contempt he holds them in.

I really liked the scene, one of the best fight scenes in the series so far.

I especially liked that they seemed to give them different "styles" of fighting, with the Hound slashing furiously and Beric having a more mobile and twirling approach.

Also I loved it when Beric made a parry without even looking at Sandor,

Oh yeah, and it was nice to see someone actually using shields in a fight scene.

I especially liked that they seemed to give them different "styles" of fighting, with the Hound slashing furiously and Beric having a more mobile and twirling approach.

Yes! Beric has such a fluid movement to his strikes while the hound has a more brutish approach. I watched this again this morning and the choreography is amazing! Is that it until Season 4 for one on ones.

Yes! Beric has such a fluid movement to his strikes while the hound has a more brutish approach. I watched this again this morning and the choreography is amazing! Is that it until Season 4 for one on ones.

One of the best things in the production imo is how they give people different fighting styles. Syrio, Ned, Jaime, Bronn. I just can't wait to see The Mountain v The Red Viper.

The resurrection part wasn't as dramatic as it could have been. In the books they take Beric off to one side of the cave to heal him, then he comes back in dramatic fashion after Arya says "you go to hell Hound" (something like that) then Beric returns and say "he has". A lot of my friends were like wtf just happened.

My boss at work said Beric can't be a very good fighter if he keeps dying. Lol

The sword fight itself was great; probably the best one on the show so far in terms of choreography and camera work. As has been mentioned though, not including the Hound's badass line was a huge missed opportunity. The resurrection could have been handled better as well.

Thoros and Beric are great characters with fitting actors though. I loved their exchange with Arya later by the campfire.

Archived