[Book Spoiler] Need advice on what to cook for a party for this episode

Borias

So, I'm the only book reader in my group of friends that love this show, so I want to whip up something rather special(and a little downright evil), that might inspire comments of, "Did you have to cook xxxx for this?" I didn't get much other than a leg of mutton from the book. So far all I really have is some red velvet cake. I want to make it really RW inspired. Anyone have any good ideas?

Have some of the things that the Hound claimed to be carrying. Salt pork and pickled pigs feet. Yum.

Plus you could find some dessert that looks sort of like a leech I suppose, but that's difficult.

Obvious choice would be fish, if you're not looking for quick, finger food.

Fried chicken drumsticks (the loud music)

uhhh IDK I'm out of ideas now LOL

I could very easily have some mead on hand for the honey, and make....something with honey in it.

Chicken and turkey drumsticks would be pretty awesome, I've never had pickled pigs feet before(do you just buy them in a jar and eat them or?), and fish would be easy too.

No idea. The yum comment after the pigs feet was sarcastic. Doesn't sound appetizing to me. I was thinking that you could perhaps arrange some kind of snack in the shape of arrows or something? Idk. Or have those little plastic sword skewers for some sandwiches. Or I'm sure they make arrows that are similar. I seriously just don't know lol. The stuff that I thought of was perhaps too subtle...I was also thinking that you could get like a toy wolf and stick it somewhere so that just the head is poking out (for when they kill Grey wind). Why limit it to the food? Put spoilers everywhere in your house! lololol

Oh that's so brutally wonderful, I love it. I could get a sad looking stuffed wolf, lots of red streamers. banners, that sort of thing.

I think red colored cookies in the shape of arrows would be easy to do. I kinda want it to be subtle tho, but after the end of the episode, everyone looks around at the place, and what they ate and go, "Oh what the hell! That's cold!"

These aren't true to the food in the story, but . . .

Direwolf Cookies. Maybe just the wolf head shape. Man shaped cookies and put them all together in a bowl. I'm sure someone will bite the head off one in jest and put it on the other, perhaps before the deed is done not knowing what will happen. :devil:

Bloody Mary's, Sangria, "Dornish" wine if you got it. I would go with a nice Spanish red. Maybe some nice filays of choice meat to go with it.

(I am getting both hungry and sickened by the meat idea)

Oh yeah, a sangria would be perfect for that time of year. And I can easily get help baking cookies that look like swords and wolves and such from non book readers, because, well, they love the Starks (oh boy!) and who doesn't want a wolf cookie?

^^^ hahaha this

.... frey pie?

I love the idea of wolf head cookies/or a wolf head cake. Fake them out with "Stark sigil dessert for a triumphant Stark episode" then whoops. The only thing that would make this better is if they did the "Robb with Grey Wind's head" reveal at the end of the episode.

Elaborating on the bread and salt, you should make fettunta and have them in the table for your guests. It's just toasted bread rubbed with garlic while still warm, and then served with fresh EVO on the side along with coarse salt. You pour oil over the slice and salt to taste when eating. :P.

The bread and salt is fantastic. Even if it's just some sort of toast with garlic salt...

I've convinced my g/f (who hasn't read the books) to help me make lots of Stark wolf cookies. That and red velvet cake for dessert. Sangria and mead for booze. Now just to decide on the main courses.

You're going to have a great party. You should have Lion Cookies for AFTER the wedding :devil:

yes. The bread and salt is a must.

I like L_T's idea for lion cookies for after party!

I am watching this thread closely, since I want to have a Red Wedding feast, too! It will be such a shock to the non-readers and will be fun to watch the reactions. :devil:

(Hi Zar and L_T!)

Do they know that you've read the books? If not, it'd be somewhat amusing (for me) to set everything up like it's a happy occasion because Robb is going to own the Lannisters. Have a bunch of banners that say stuff like "payback is sweet" or whatever. Then when it happens they're like....you bastard. LOL I'm a horrible person.

Do they know that you've read the books? If not, it'd be somewhat amusing (for me) to set everything up like it's a happy occasion because Robb is going to own the Lannisters. Have a bunch of banners that say stuff like "payback is sweet" or whatever. Then when it happens they're like....you bastard. LOL I'm a horrible person.

I think we all are, hahaha. I'm cracking the hell up at these ideas. I wasn't planning on doing anything special beyond pizza or some other kind of easy party food, but this thread has me re-thinking things.

I'm definitely going to get a big loaf of garlic bread and have some salt prominently displayed. :lol:

Archived