[Book Spoiler] Need advice on what to cook for a party for this episode

Borias

Do they know that you've read the books? If not, it'd be somewhat amusing (for me) to set everything up like it's a happy occasion because Robb is going to own the Lannisters. Have a bunch of banners that say stuff like "payback is sweet" or whatever. Then when it happens they're like....you bastard. LOL I'm a horrible person.

They do, yes. And I absolutely never tell them spoilers, unless it's something that was either left out of the show(Tyrion not actually being unconscious at the battle in season 1), or is a change. (like seeing stuff from the 'pov' of Littlefinger, or Robb) Or little bits of info that they might have been able to put together, but haven't. (R+L=J theory)

And I've always been a huge Stark fan, so it would totally be in character for me to be all super happy Stark guy at first, and make them think I was spoiling something subtly. Evil, but classy.

So, I'm the only book reader in my group of friends that love this show, so I want to whip up something rather special(and a little downright evil), that might inspire comments of, "Did you have to cook xxxx for this?" I didn't get much other than a leg of mutton from the book. So far all I really have is some red velvet cake. I want to make it really RW inspired. Anyone have any good ideas?

First off, you are awesome for doing this. I made some recipes from A Feast of Ice and Fire for the 1st episode of this season, and they all turned out great. I was pleasantly surprised. I am stealing your red velvet cake idea for dessert, btw.

In a large stock pot over medium heat blonde some onions, carrots and celery. Stir in minced Freys. 1 part veggies to 3 parts ground Frey. Season to taste with thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Add in 1 part tomato puree, bring to boil. Turn mixture into prepared pre cooked pie crusts. Top with new crust, bake in oven until golden.

To be served with a cup of joy and a side of merriment. Revenge is so sweet.

In a large stock pot over medium heat blonde some onions, carrots and celery. Stir in minced Freys. 1 part veggies to 3 parts ground Frey. Season to taste with thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Add in 1 part tomato puree, bring to boil. Turn mixture into prepared pre cooked pie crusts. Top with new crust, bake in oven until golden.

To be served with a cup of joy and a side of merriment. Revenge is so sweet.

:lol:

Just make everything red. Buy red tortilla chips and salsa. Serve cranberry and tomato juice (with vodka, obviously), red wine, red kool aid. Strawberries, apples, cherries, and other fruits, you can have hot wings that are almost red. Pepperoni pizza is red and white, anything with marinara sauce. Meatloaf.... Internet search for red foods for valentine's day.

Archived