(Book/Show Spoilers) Sansa and Margaery

sansatyrell

for the record, it bothers me so much when people call Sansa a fool or stupid. You have to remember how young she is and how she was raised (i.e. the naive, sheltered daughter of Ned Stark who ((for all of her life until recently)) never had any reason to worry). She starts picking up how to play the game slowly as it goes on, but I think people are often too harsh on her.

Well, in all fairness if she was raised on ballads, she should have known that she couldn't marry a Knight of the Kingsguard. I usually like cutting Sansa a break now and then, but I think she really came across as dumb (in the books) in that scene.

I'm not very familiar with the show - is Loras the only Tyrell son and is he not yet sworn to the Kingsguard at the time of the plotting?

• 2 months later...

I think Margaery likes Sansa more than she does most people. I don't think she's willing to do anything risky for her, but she pities poor Sansa and can see how much pain she has been through. It's a feeling of sympathy and hope that Sansa will find her own happiness. She will help Sansa as long as doing so is guaranteed harmless and risk-free for her own plans.

Archived