Will we get more information on House Dayne in TWOIAF?

SerWest

They are very important at the beginning of the story and should be so at the end of the story. The Sword of the Morning and Dawn should have a big role in the battle for the Dawn again. I would like to see a family tree at least and find out more of Arthurs older brother (Neds dad) and Allyria.

Plus find out if Arthur and Ashara really died the way it has been said. Did Ashara have a child that survived? But those answers may end up in the last book.

I sincerely hope so. For Daynes and Reeds too.

Plus find out if Arthur and Ashara really died the way it has been said. Did Ashara have a child that survived? But those answers may end up in the last book.

fore some reasons I think that Ashara's child is Allyria

They are very important at the beginning of the story and should be so at the end of the story. The Sword of the Morning and Dawn should have a big role in the battle for the Dawn again. I would like to see a family tree at least and find out more of Arthurs older brother (Neds dad) and Allyria.

I really hope it includes more info on Dawn and the office of The Sword of the Morning.

Possible.

Hopefully it reveals that they do not have the least drop of Targaryan blood in them and therefore the theories around them are wrong :devil:

I highly doubt TWOAIF will make any compromising revelations. I think it is more meant to be sort of a reference book with some new background information but don't expect it to reveal ToJ's scene or anything. It will serve as an Expansion Book not as a Revelations Book. No offense to Ran or Linda, but I'm sure GRRM will want to reveal that himself within ASOIAF.

I'm sure after ASOIAF's finished, a reference book can be made to reveal more clearing details on some theories that received no answer/expansion in ASOIAF.

We'll learn a bit more about some notable Daynes, but I can't say we'll learn a lot more about them. There's a really gorgeous piece of art featuring a past Sword of the Morning, though, that should make it into the book.

We'll learn a bit more about some notable Daynes, but I can't say we'll learn a lot more about them. There's a really gorgeous piece of art featuring a past Sword of the Morning, though, that should make it into the book.

Will we learn how the Sword of the Morning is picked?

If it's a family decision or something else?

Bless you, Ran!

Well Ran why do you think Martin gives the Daynes such little focus? I know more about the Butterwells than the Daynes. Could they have some impact on the story??? Nahhhh. I get not spilling on the more recent Daynes but a little more house history will be nice so at least there is that. Can you ask George why Edric Dayne is named Edric? Or Ned as he prefers to be called? You know I already ordered the book, so you can tell me everything that's in book, that's fare. It will be like an audio book. Go ahead spill you will feel good about yourself.

Well Ran why do you think Martin gives the Daynes such little focus? I know more about the Butterwells than the Daynes. Could they have some impact on the story??? Nahhhh. I get not spilling on the more recent Daynes but a little more house history will be nice so at least there is that. Can you ask George why Edric Dayne is named Edric? Or Ned as he prefers to be called? You know I already ordered the book, so you can tell me everything that's in book, that's fare. It will be like an audio book. Go ahead spill you will feel good about yourself.

No chance.

And I would only want to read info pre-release in a sample. But I like Ran's hints aslong as they are abstract.

No chance.

And I would only want to read info pre-release in a sample. But I like Ran's hints aslong as they are abstract.

Hey I am trying to help Ran feel good about himself, really... It's all for him that I am doing this. Get all those unecessary thoughts out of his head. They take up space keep the important stuff from getting through, like Charmin or Angel soft TP, scrambled or over easy, where did I leave the remote? All easily answered if he can just get all that book info out of his head.

• 1 year later...

Would love to. Ser Arthur Dayne was a remarkable knight (one character - can't remember who - said he was the most formidable opponent that he (the character) had ever come up against) and Ashara is a very intriguing character too even though both are dead now. I'd love to know more about the Daynes in general

Archived