[book spoilers] Did you like Shireen/Patchface's song?

Syrio Foral

I like that they are including the songs in the show too. And yes, Shireen singing it was creepy, especially during the closing sequence. Somewhat ominous. And I also feel really bad for Shireen, whom her crazy mother keeps locked in that awful room.

I'm sad to not see Patchface, I always thought there was more to that character than we have seen so far. But I guess if he's not been included in the show then thats probably not the case. They may continue to have Shireen sing his songs (and in a way, fill his role) as a little bit of fan service but I can't see it being any more than that sadly.

I like that they are including the songs in the show too. And yes, Shireen singing it was creepy, especially during the closing sequence. Somewhat ominous. And I also feel really bad for Shireen, whom her crazy mother keeps locked in that awful room.

It didn't stop her from going to see Davos... I agree Shireen is probably one of the more pitiable characters though.

So far I've liked all the book song adaptations and yeah this was creepy, though there was definitely something about the maniacal way I imagined Patchface singing his dark omens like they were something grand about to happen, jumping from one foot from another and rattling the bells on his hat while he was doing so as well. I've always imagined him as something of a cartoon character more than a real life one anyway though...

It didn't stop her from going to see Davos... I agree Shireen is probably one of the more pitiable characters though.

So far I've liked all the book song adaptations and yeah this was creepy, though there was definitely something about the maniacal way I imagined Patchface singing his dark omens like they were something grand about to happen, jumping from one foot from another and rattling the bells on his hat while he was doing so as well. I've always imagined him as something of a cartoon character more than a real life one anyway though...

:agree:

I loved it. I thought Shireen singing it was more creepier.

I really liked it too...but sad there is no Patchface. An overused character at times in the books, but a good one anyway.

Speaking of which- VERY sad to have no Damphair! Or is he in the next book? I thought he showed up by now.

Archived