(Book Spoilers) Roose Bolton A Hero?

ServantOnIce

Roose=Jesus.

What, you don't remember when Jesus took a leech bath and said "I am not a man to be undone" to his apostles. Yeah, that's right.

And I thought Dany=Jesus couldn't be topped.

Tag's confused. He forgot his own Roose=Gandhi theory, not Jesus. Jesus is Dany.

Tag's confused. He forgot his own Roose=Gandhi theory, not Jesus. Jesus is Dany.

ah yes my bad. I get all my heroes mixed up nowadays, in my old age. That was simply a Jesus-like moment from Roose. But yes, overall he is more like Gandhi. Remember when Gandhi hung that guy and then raped his wife beneath that hanging guy? And then complained about his horse coming up lame? Yeah, exactly like Gandhi.

snip

:lmao:

Seriously though no, Roose is no hero, he has no feelings, he doesnt care what happens to Boltons after he is dead, his lineage and dreadfort, neither he cared for his true born sons, he is just cold, that is all.

Roose Bolton some claim is based upon Vlad The Impaler. Vlad was known for his cruelty and Roose and his mad son Ramsay Snow are also known for their cruelty.

Vlad is seen as a hero to some of the peoples of his region in Transylvania because of him deteating the Turkish Empire and his cruelty put, "caution" in the very powerful Turks. Of course he was assassinated and lost in his, "game of thrones."

It bring up the question, is Roose Bolton a hero?

Ok, something needs to be historically clarified. People in the Balkan region do NOT admire Vlad the Impaler, or consider him a hero. He impaled more than 30,000 of his own people, to put the fear of god in the Ottomon army. It worked to an extent, but the people of Wallachia wanted him removed from power for this unmentionable crime against humanity.

What they did glorify is the Order of the Dragon, to which Vlad and his family historically belonged as a nobleman fighting the Ottomans. The Order is a medieval chivalric order dedicated to fighting and exterminating heretics in the Balkans. This included not just the muslim Ottomans, but also the quasi-pagan Bogumils, a mild and tolerant form of Catholicism that was born in the Dinaric Alps (Bosnia-Serbia-Bulgaria). The Bogumils were peaceful and accepted the teachings of the Bible while continuing many Slavic Pagan traditions of the Balkans, but they posed a threat to the Catholic church, so they had to go.

Descendents of the members of the Order of the Dragon are still known in the Balkans by the last names they bear. These are names such as "Drakuljic" or "Drakulja" or "Dracul". (They have nothing to do with Dracula but the ancient Order, the Knights Templar, so to speak of the Balkans ;) )

I'm from the Balkans, and if someone so much as mentions Vlad the Impaler, my stomach churns. By this comparison, I cannot even conceive of a healthy human being seeing Roose as a hero. Please get your facts straight if you're going to make a historical comparison.

Yes. PtwP, AAR and the Stallion that Mounts the World. Oh, and a Lost Targaryen to boot!

...Naaah.

He lacks the redeeming factor of Vlad the Impaler. He didn't do anything good for his region. What has he done?

1. Worked with Tywin Lannister to bring the downfall of the Starks.

2. Sent several loyal commanders on a suicide campaign to get rid of them.

3. Killed Robb Stark, therefore destroying any unity left in the North.

4. Failed to remove the Ironborn from anywhere in the North save for Moat Cailin. Robb lost the North, but Roose was willing to let the west coast of it stay lost until they surrendered it.

5. Tolerated Ramsay Bolton, promising the future instability of the region.

6. Was made Lord of the North, but has no interest in keeping the North intact. Controls the Northern Lords through the virtue of captives alone.

7.Ramsey brought back Flaying wich was thought to have been something from centuries ago,Roose just turns a blind eye.

I suppose flaying is close enough to crucifixion...

Okay. Roose is Jesus. It's official.

In that case, Roose would have to be the one getting flayed to have any chance of being compared to Jesus.

Roose didn't only heroically abandoned his king's cause when he felt they were losing the war, he even bravely made sure that Robb would lose, by sending a big part of Robb's army into a trap, Then continued to demonstrate his valor by taking part in the Red Wedding, killing Robb personally, while being kind enough to deliver Jaime's message at the same time. All this without even a shred of emotions. This man is the stuff that hero's at made from...Not.

Ill say one thing for roose. He did his killing like a fucking northman. He determined robb stark had to die, so he did it himself. I thank him for that, but nothing else.

Archived