Why do people like Drogo?

AchillesReborn

He wanted to rape, kill, and pillage his way all the way to the Iron Throne.

I don't even understand how Dany fell for him, I mean he entered an agreement to take her as a wife/slave. As much as she thinks she could of manipulated him, I doubt she would of been able to control him. I mean she couldn't do anything to save her brothers life, even if she did hold a grudge she probably still loved him. If he made it to westeros he probably wouldn't of been faithful to her(would have taken a-lot of women to bed).

We honestly cannot blame him for his standing, it is literally all he knows.

his people are stuck in their customs and its the only way they know how to act, if they arent strong they die or become slaves.

everyone leaves the dothraki sea alone for a reason.

but then there's the pillaging.

Unfortunately, it always comes down to rape, these so much of it going on in these books.

So much F'ing rape.

I don't even understand how Dany fell for him, I mean he entered an agreement to take her as a wife/slave. As much as she thinks she could of manipulated him, I doubt she would of been able to control him. I mean she couldn't do anything to save her brothers life, even if she did hold a grudge she probably still loved him. If he made it to westeros he probably wouldn't of been faithful to her(would have taken a-lot of women to bed).

Drogo was honest about it. Nobles in Westeros do the exact same thing in war but turn around at try to act noble.

His honesty was definitely commendable.

Being with Dany changed him though. He was prepared to invade Westeros for love.

:agree: He did seem to change, but he probably would have still let his people be savages. Probably why GRRM had to kill him off.

We honestly cannot blame him for his standing, it is literally all he knows.

his people are stuck in their customs and its the only way they know how to act, if they arent strong they die or become slaves.

everyone leaves the dothraki sea alone for a reason.

but then there's the pillaging.

Unfortunately, it always comes down to rape, these so much of it going on in these books.

So much F'ing rape.

Sorry but I have to somewhat disagree with this, no matter what situation you are in, you are always held accountable for your actions. He could have been a exception to the rule, but he chose to be a savage.

How is this different from anyone else who wanted (or succeeded) to conquer the throne (hint the Mountain raping and killinig Elia during RR).

I don't even understand how Dany fell for him, I mean he entered an agreement to take her as a wife/slave. As much as she thinks she could of manipulated him, I doubt she would of been able to control him.

I don`t understand your point.

I mean she couldn't do anything to save her brothers life, even if she did hold a grudge she probably still loved him.

She didn`t even try to save him, because Viiserys did it with his own hands, and Dany couldn`t save him from himself.

If he made it to westeros he probably wouldn't of been faithful to her(would have taken a-lot of women to bed).

Based on what?

Sorry but I have to somewhat disagree with this, no matter what situation you are in, you are always held accountable for your actions. He could have been a exception to the rule, but he chose to be a savage.

While I agree people are always responsible for their actions, there isn't a single Dothraki who thinks this way, so until someone does, their society will never change ( Dany might be that change, we're in the middle of the series)

I'd love to see one Dothraki "stand up for what's right" in front of his Khalasar, it would be entertaining.

They are barbarians, and until they have some kind of political revolution ( maybe Dany could initiate this) they will stay barbarians, and barbarians don't give a damn anymore than a honey badger.

Dothraki breaking the mold don't live to be Khal's or bloodriders, if it were you, would you go along with the plan or die?

You again?

That's the way his culture is. That's all he knows. Besides, he wanted to take the Iron Throne for Dany who is the rughtful heir, not for himself. Meny other "nobles" do it in Westeros anyways, how is he different from them?

I don't even understand how Dany fell for him, I mean he entered an agreement to take her as a wife/slave. As much as she thinks she could of manipulated him, I doubt she would of been able to control him. I mean she couldn't do anything to save her brothers life, even if she did hold a grudge she probably still loved him.

Dany was a gift to him. He was gentle with her. She called him her sun-and-stars and he called her his moon-of-my-life. Dany kind of loved Viserys, but he brought it upon himself, he threateaned her. Drogo was defending her.

If he made it to westeros he probably wouldn't of been faithful to her(would have taken a-lot of women to bed).

Bullshit! Drogo never took another woman from the moment that he wed Dany. Some Khals share their wife with their bloodriders, but Drogo never did it with her.

READ THE BOOKS!!

How is this different from anyone else who wanted (or succeeded) to conquer the throne (hint the Mountain raping and killinig Elia during RR).

I don`t understand your point.

She didn`t even try to save him, because Viiserys did it with his own hands, and Dany couldn`t save him from himself.

Based on what?

Well he kind of raped her...

"...I will rape their women..." -Khal Drogo

While I agree people are always responsible for their actions, there isn't a single Dothraki who thinks this way, so until someone does, their society will never change ( Dany might be that change, we're in the middle of the series)

I'd love to see one Dothraki "stand up for what's right" in front of his Khalasar, it would be entertaining.

They are barbarians, and until they have some kind of political revolution ( maybe Dany could initiate this) they will stay barbarians, and barbarians don't give a damn anymore than a honey badger.

Dothraki breaking the mold don't live to be Khal's or bloodriders, if it were you, would you go along with the plan or die?

I would either kill as many as it took to become Khalasar, or be killed in the process. As Khalasar I would make them change their savage ways.

Did you see the ComicCon conference with Jason Momoa, GRRM made a joke he might bring him back saying Khal Drogo might have a twin brother because the fans liked his character so much.

Did I mention he wanted to take their children as slaves? Good Guy Drogo

I would either kill as many as it took to become Khalasar, or be killed in the process. As Khalasar I would make them change their savage ways.

Khal*

A khalasar is a dothraki clan/hoarde/whaever that the Khal leads.

Did you see the ComicCon conference with Jason Momoa, GRRM made a joke he might bring him back saying Khal Drogo might have a twin brother because the fans liked his character so much.

Did I mention he wanted to take their children as slaves? Good Guy Drogo

Better than smashing their heads, and stabing them to death. I believe....

Hold on a second. You`re telling me that you don`t like Drogo, because of the TV series? How? I mean, for me Drogo was one of the best characters in the TV series, I almost shed a tear when he died. I didn`t like him that much in the books though...

But you wouldn't be YOU, you'd be one of them, and you wouldn't know any better...

Everyone is born with morals/empathy. Even if your experiences create biases, and make you think your doing the right thing, if you aren't, your conscious will let you know and tear you apart.

Hold on a second. You`re telling me that you don`t like Drogo, because of the TV series? How? I mean, for me Drogo was one of the best characters in the TV series, I almost shed a tear when he died. I didn`t like him that much in the books though...

I was a little too lazy to find the quotes in the book.

TV or the books, I don't like his character. This is what I would have done if we crossed paths

Everyone is born with morals/empathy. Even if your experiences create biases, and make you think your doing the right thing, if you aren't, your conscious will let you know and tear you apart.

What?

you need to provide something to back that up.

I was a little too lazy to find the quotes in the book.

TV or the books, I don't like his character. This is what I would have done if we crossed paths

Good luck with that :lol:. At least we know you`re not a coward.

I, on the other hand, would try my best not to get in his way and end up like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byLYJw9YeNE.

Archived