Why do people like Drogo?

AchillesReborn

What?

you need to provide something to back that up.

I did a lot of research on psychopaths only to discover the idea is more of a myth than anything, proving everyone has some level of empathy, some people just suppress their emotions. I don't really want to get off topic into a debate on the human condition tho.

Good luck with that :lol:. At least we know you`re not a coward.

I, on the other hand, would try my best not to get in his way and end up like this guy http://www.youtube.c...h?v=byLYJw9YeNE.

History's most prolific killer vs Leader of a gang of savages....no competition :dunno:

(Didn't even break a sweat)...(Died as a result of that fight, because he let himself be cut.)

I did a lot of research on psychopaths only to discover the idea is more of a myth than anything, proving everyone has some level of empathy, some people just suppress their emotions. I don't really want to get off topic into a debate on the human condition tho.

Psycopaths are still brought up in a society where killing his wrong, bring better examplse to the table, it's a good table, Oak.

A dothraki, not pillage or rape, without any outsider to tell/explain to him it's wrong?

That's quite a mental evolution you're suggesting.

Might as well expect Hodor to start speaking Italian.

Interesting, any chance you could pm me so I can peruse it? I'm always interested in new perspectives.

Everyone is born with morals/empathy. Even if your experiences create biases, and make you think your doing the right thing, if you aren't, your conscious will let you know and tear you apart.

Psycopaths are still brought up in a society where killing his wrong, bring better examplse to the table, it's a good table, Oak.

This, and if you are raised in a place where raping, killing, and sacking is considered the right thing, then probably not.

I was a little too lazy to find the quotes in the book.

TV or the books, I don't like his character. This is what I would have done if we crossed paths

:lol: :lol: :lol: just because your username says so, doesn't mean you really are.... just saying.....

If it is possible for a savage without morals to exist in our society. It would be possible for a moral person to exist in their society.

A dothraki, not pillage or rape, without any outsider to tell/explain to him it's wrong?

That's quite a mental evolution you're suggesting.

Might as well expect Hodor to start speaking Italian.

Interesting, any chance you could pm me so I can peruse it? I'm always interested in new perspectives.

What about the girls they are raping screaming, and begging them to stop. What about all the people pleading for mercy?

The Mask of Sanity is a great place to start.

History's most prolific killer vs Leader of a gang of savages....no competition :dunno:

(Didn't even break a sweat)...(Died as a result of that fight, because he let himself be cut.)

You misunderstood me, I wasn`t comparing them

Everyone is born with morals/empathy. Even if your experiences create biases, and make you think your doing the right thing, if you aren't, your conscious will let you know and tear you apart.

Actually, empathy (in people without disorders such as autism) develops around age 2, it's not present from birth, and morals, being social constructs, have to be learned. Most people are born with the capacity for such things but clearly some have a relative dearth in one of those areas. I'm sure that some of the things that morality is based on are genetically hardwired into brain development (most, but not all, people will hesitate to kill an infant, for example) but that can still be modified by behaviour and environment. And like most things in the body, capacity for empathy is something of a normal curve, there are people with a lot and people where it's negligible, I've met people with dissocial personality disorder, they genuinely don't seem to know why thoughts like "that guy is annoying, I want to push him under a train" are inappropriate and shouldn't be voiced out loud, for example

Drogo was honest about it. Nobles in Westeros do the exact same thing in war but turn around at try to act noble.

Tywin perposely sanctioned this behavior, Robb, if he knew about it, like his father before him and his before him etc... , would have stopped it and punished it accordingly. Some nobles in Westeros, yes, others, like the Starks, no.

In the books I wasnt really bothered either way about him... But Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo is a) totally badass and B) well, HOT as hell ohmyword I could watch him all day. Cant speak for anyone else but that is why I like Khal Drogo ;)

Tywin perposely sanctioned this behavior, Robb, if he knew about it, like his father before him and his before him etc... , would have stopped it and punished it accordingly. Some nobles in Westeros, yes, others, like the Starks, no.

Maybe Ned, but Robb wanted an alliance so Balon could raid and sack the innocents of Lannisport in war.

Stannis and Jon Connington are the only ones that we know of for certain who don't aim for smallfolk during war.

Actually, empathy (in people without disorders such as autism) develops around age 2, it's not present from birth, and morals, being social constructs, have to be learned. Most people are born with the capacity for such things but clearly some have a relative dearth in one of those areas. I'm sure that some of the things that morality is based on are genetically hardwired into brain development (most, but not all, people will hesitate to kill an infant, for example) but that can still be modified by behaviour and environment. And like most things in the body, capacity for empathy is something of a normal curve, there are people with a lot and people where it's negligible, I've met people with dissocial personality disorder, they genuinely don't seem to know why thoughts like "that guy is annoying, I want to push him under a train" are inappropriate and shouldn't be voiced out loud, for example

But you have to consider the remorse, and regret, that is felt after those people kill the infants.

Those people with antisocial personality disorder tend to beleive the only opinion that matters is their own, because they repress their emotions do to some sort of trauma.

In the books I wasnt really bothered either way about him... But Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo is a) totally badass and B) well, HOT as hell ohmyword I could watch him all day. Cant speak for anyone else but that is why I like Khal Drogo ;)

Thanks for staying on topic, this is a good reason. Guys see him as an alpha male, while girls view him as eye candy.

I don't mean it in a disrespectful manner, but " I did a bunch of research" is about as useful as saying nothing.

You can't just claim crazy shit like that as a fact and say "it is known"

It's called Bullshitting.

I don't mean it in a disrespectful manner, but " I did a bunch of research" is about as useful as saying nothing.

You can't just claim crazy shit like that as a fact and say "it is known"

It's called Bullshitting.

I offered the best book on the subject in a latter post. The Mask of Sanity, citing my sources so to speak.

I don't consider anything to be fact, I'm a man of science all we have are our theories. (Can only ever be 99.9% sure of anything cliche.)

Once you start claiming your word for the truth(fact), you become biased, opinionated, and very close minded.

You've been on the forum 4 days and you've started 13 troll threads. Well done that's serious devotion.

I'll admit 1 or 2 may have been trolls, but I did have some serious questions and theories, they were just highly debatable. I'm also interested in writing and I wanted to learn about the opinions of fans on what to do, and not to do, in my own stories.

the whole marriage thing with Drogo, was a deception to Dany and Viserys. Illyrio and yes, Jorah told Viserys and Dany that Drogo agreed to give Viserys an army to invade Westeros in exchange for this very rare, exotic, sexually untouched beauty. In actuality, it was a stone to kill two birds. Drogo had his entire Kalasar outside the city gates of Pentos, Illyrio was facing a possible sack of his city and his own death. That is what the Dothraki do. He also wanted to get rid of Dany and Viserys for good because of.- Aegon/Young Griff. So, He gave Dany as a gift/bribe to get rid of the Dothraki as well as 3 dragon eggs to essentually save his ass and his city and make sure that Drogo was happy and left Pentos alone for a very long time. Jorah mentions this to Dany, when a Kalasar shows up at your city gates, you give treasures, slaves and hope they are satisfied (I do not think that Illyrio sent a message to Drogo over 2-3 thousand miles away to please bring your 100k army to my city gates, I have a gift for you and gee, I hope you like it). Illyrio never expected Dany and Viserys to survive their life with the Dothraki and they sure did not expect dragons to hatch. Dany only go Drogo's attentiion after she learned some sexual manuever from her prostittute servant, because he was literally fucking her to death and she was getting suicidal in her mind. Dany was a prisoner, a sex slave that found a way to "entrance" her barbarian husband/owner through sex. Drogo wanted the son she was carrying because he was supposed to conquer the world. After he was born, Dany might have given him milk but after that, he would have been taken from her to learn the art of barbarism, her purpose would have been fulfilled. End of her story.

Archived