Why do people like Drogo?

AchillesReborn

"He cupped her face in his huge hands and looked into his eyes. “No?” he said, and she knew it was a question.

She took his hand and moved it down to the wetness between her thighs. “Yes,” she whispered as she put his finger inside her."

She was only raped as per TV show canon.

That was my mistake, I suppose the books are far better than the TV adaptation. I'm still reading the first book, but this question was really bugging me, I suppose I should have asked in the TV show section, but its kind of Ironic now that people like the TV show version better than the book version(Of his character not the show)

That was my mistake, I suppose the books are far better than the TV adaptation. I'm still reading the first book, but this question was really bugging me, I suppose I should have asked in the TV show section, but its kind of Ironic now that people like the TV show version better than the book version(Of his character not the show)

I may be the minority, but I prefer book!Drogo.

because of this!

LOL this is the scene that made me hate him.

I may be the minority, but I prefer book!Drogo.

:agree:

Is it okay if we change the topic to: Do you prefer Book or TV Drogo?

As far as the earlier debate of born with morality vs. morality imposed by society. I now beleive book Drogo managed to prove morality is from birth, and society doesn't dictate your POV.

I know this. But then why did you say that he "purposely sanctioned this behavior"?

As he quoted to Tyrion, Gregor did it "because I did not tell him NOT TO DO SO". Tywin does not mince words. This implies that he sanctioned it.

IMO people like Drogo for the same reason many other barbarian fantasy heroes are popular : they are badass.

Drogo is very similar to Conan or other Howardian heroes, a surhuman fighter and invader having no morale concerns, but still ending being somehow "good" or at least gentle with his princess (..es for Conan).

Conan : "What is best in life ? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women" (quote from Conan movie, iirc it's already very watered down compared to some things Conan says in novellas)

Khal Drogo : " I will rape their women, take their children as slaves and bring their broken gods back to Vaes Dothrak." (a little more shockingly explicit, but hey it's Martin)

He wanted to rape, kill, and pillage his way all the way to the Iron Throne.

I don't even understand how Dany fell for him, I mean he entered an agreement to take her as a wife/slave. As much as she thinks she could of manipulated him, I doubt she would of been able to control him. I mean she couldn't do anything to save her brothers life, even if she did hold a grudge she probably still loved him. If he made it to westeros he probably wouldn't of been faithful to her(would have taken a-lot of women to bed).

he was a caring and loving husband and a great warrior.

The Dothraki people has a different vision of the world

they are warriors

rape the women of their enemies is common, in their opionion it's not something bad, it's war effects

What Dany could have said? He was her husband and she knows about their costumes, she was paying the price for marrying him and of course she loved him, he treated her good, she exposed his good side, she saw he could be a good person, he was not 100% savage

As he quoted to Tyrion, Gregor did it "because I did not tell him NOT TO DO SO". Tywin does not mince words. This implies that he sanctioned it.

:lol: sorry, I'm very slow today it seems. Now I get what you ment. Yes I agree with you, Tywin approves it. Tywin believes that the end justifies the means.

Because he was in a romance with Dany which quite frank;y disgusted me. He killed her brother and she did nothing to stop it, he was a brute who's life was about raping and killing and Dany felt true love for this guy.

Drogo was probably not intentionally bad, rather like Victarion; a walking talking personification of their culture's values. But still, lots of deploring qualities in there and I do not know how Dany loved him so much.

He was pretty much forcing himself on Dany and only started liking her when she got lessons in how to be ultra sexy. Dany had true feelings for him but I do not know about Drogo.

Because he was in a romance with Dany which quite frank;y disgusted me. He killed her brother and she did nothing to stop it, he was a brute who's life was about raping and killing and Dany felt true love for this guy.

Drogo was probably not intentionally bad, rather like Victarion; a walking talking personification of their culture's values. But still, lots of deploring qualities in there and I do not know how Dany loved him so much.

He was pretty much forcing himself on Dany and only started liking her when she got lessons in how to be ultra sexy. Dany had true feelings for him but I do not know about Drogo.

viserys threatened to kill their unborn child in the womb, but don't let that get in the way of your story.

:agree: so much

Only Vic is smarter that Drogo and this is something really special.

The more I consider the show Dany's relationship with Drogo makes me think she is unfit to be the queen. Obviously the show will have the same endgame as the books, at least I hope it will. So this could be a hint she will never sit on the throne. She is a little too biased due to personal relationships? (No sense of justice)

The more I consider the show Dany's relationship with Drogo makes me think she is unfit to be the queen. Obviously the show will have the same endgame as the books, at least I hope it will. So this could be a hint she will never sit on the throne. She is a little too biased due to personal relationships? (No sense of justice)

Sorry, it seems I'm slow today, would you mind articulating that better?

Archived