Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister

mushroomshirt

Anyone see these articles?

article 1

article 2

Tyrion is my 5th favorite character (based on the POV ranking thread). And I'm a major aSoIaF junkie, but I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy this one.

What does everyone think?

(for those who don't want to click the links, apparently GRRM is releasing a compilation of Tyrion quotes from the series and calling it The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister.)

He's got some of the best lines in the series but I won't buy it unless there are some hints of future plot developments. Tyrion's lines have the most impact in the context of the , not sure they'd have the same punch for me in a compilation like this.

I wont buy it. Unless its more than just Tyrion quotes its not worth it honestly. BTW Tyrion is one of my favorites, but Im waiting for something that advances the plot.

Now if it were a compilation of the Dornish-Ironborn chapters, well...thats something else for me.

Oh FFS, some of us think Tyrion is funny and can be stupid at times. No reason to release a book dedicated to his wit and "wisdom".

Moneygrabbing, stalling due to writer's block, or forshadowing that Tyrion won't die? If a charachter gets a book for themselves, that's a pretty strong hint of plot armor right there...

Unless there's some hella interesting author's notes or any kind of additional insights into Tyrion's character or something like that, basically some kind of new material, I can't see myself ever buying this. :lol:

At first I thought that was an old article detailing an April fools joke. :uhoh: Anyway...

Will this include new wit or just old sayings? I don't see the point if it's just a collection of his previous lines. :dunno:

But I suppose Tyrion's hardcore fans will love it.

Archived