New book about Tyrion in december?

Maester Murks

I sincerely hope GRRM assigned someone to do this... I know it's kind of jerky to tell someone what to do with his time... But come on... It's a guy most of us believe to be a genius, so all in all it's a compliment

Such an obvious money grab... and he probably already has more money than he will ever expend anyway...

Make hay while the sun is shining.

It's a nice stocking stuffer for Tyrion fans

whose ranks have swelled even higher with

the tv series.

I doubt GRRM had much to do with putting it

together. He probably just approved the ones

selected and signed off on it.

I agree, I'd rather see his time spent on TWoW but hey, who knows, it might be quite a cracking wee book!

It's his editors that are putting the book together. GRRM is writing TWOW while they are doing that.

Expanding the franchise with books like D&E and The World of Ice and Fire is great, and I'm totally OK with that, but what's the point of this book? We already have all that in the books, why would someone pay another 10£ for it? :blink:

Expanding the franchise with books like D&E and The World of Ice and Fire is great, and I'm totally OK with that, but what's the point of this book? We already have all that in the books, why would someone pay another 10£ for it? :blink:

/

Tyrion fans they would buy it.The makers know how crazy the fan following is .why wont the cash in on that?

Tyrion fans they would buy it.The makers know how crazy the fan following is .why wont the cash in on that?

Because it's stupid, and it basically comes down to ripping people off, making them pay for something they already have.

Because it's stupid, and it basically comes down to ripping people off, making them pay for something they already have.

Most things for sale out there are :P

Supply and demand. There is supply because there is demand. Don't blame the publisher, blame the fans.

While I kind of pride myself with being a fairly obsessive fan of the series I don't think that I'll put out any money for this book. Unless I get it for a really good price that is.

"making them pay"? at gunpoint? please!

:rolleyes:

Poor choice of words.

Nonetheless, thanks for your very insightful post. It contributed a lot to the thread.

Supply and demand. There is supply because there is demand. Don't blame the publisher, blame the fans.

I guess you're right, but I still don't see the need for such a book. I don't think the book will sell well. Even diehard fans of the series would think twice before wasting 10£ on something they already have. Buying this book is like paying for bookmarks.

:rolleyes:

Poor choice of words.

Nonetheless, thanks for your very insightful post. It contributed a lot to the thread.

I guess you're right, but I still don't see the need for such a book. I don't think the book will sell well. Even diehard fans of the series would think twice before wasting 10£ on something they already have. Buying this book is like paying for bookmarks.

Think of it as a cheat sheet for those who wish to quote Tyrion but don't necessarily remember the exact location of the quote or who simply don't wish to flip through thousands of pages to find it.

Think of it as a cheat sheet for those who wish to quote Tyrion but don't necessarily remember the exact location of the quote or who simply don't wish to flip through thousands of pages to find it.

Control + F in Kindle for Windows :P

Archived