[BOOK SPOILERS] “If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention.”

Dove

Jeyne Poole was in the show, but she may not have been named, can't remember.

I think the idea of Arya, Sansa or "Talisa" as Ramsey's wife is pure crackpottery. It will be Jeyne Poole/or otherwise no name girl from the North who they're calling Arya, nothing else makes sense from the standpoint of what happens in the books.

Although they will ultimately have to figure out, assuming the show lasts that long, how to deal with Mel's false vision of Arya since she has met the real Arya now in the show.

She was in the first season during the feast scenes and also at Arya's intro when they were sitting around doing needle-point. I don't recall her being named, but her father, Vayon Poole was mentioned by Cat in the "appointments" scene in Bran's bedchamber.

She was in the first season during the feast scenes and also at Arya's intro when they were sitting around doing needle-point. I don't recall her being named, but her father, Vayon Poole was mentioned by Cat in the "appointments" scene in Bran's bedchamber.

I stand corrected. I do remember that as well. She exists on the show but is just barely there. S1 does not include the book scene after Ned's arrest where the queen entrusts Jeyne to Littlefinger's care.

Mentioned this in another thread, but if they're keeping the Jeyne Poole character as-is it'll be pretty easy to just introduce her somehow like they did all the other characters that had delayed appearances.

Divergences are one thing, but I just can't see them having fake Arya be real Arya. Not only is she busy with her ninja-assassin training and what have you, but the whole Winterfell plot hinges on the Stark Ramsay marries being a fake one and the uneasy situation that spawns as a result of that.

Mentioned this in another thread, but if they're keeping the Jeyne Poole character as-is it'll be pretty easy to just introduce her somehow like they did all the other characters that had delayed appearances.

Right. How many non-book readers remembered Beric Dondarrion thirteen episodes later?

Right. How many non-book readers remembered Beric Dondarrion thirteen episodes later?

That's the point, though - that's why it's easier to get a new actor and have characters say "oh, hey, it's that person" in the show. People don't care, as long as they make it clear who this person is and where they come from when they're reintroduced.

Jeyne herself is such a minor character, she or her circumstances are hardly sacred or exempt from changes. I'm just saying I doubt they'll change it to being a real Stark, because both Sansa and Arya have their own very distinct and important arcs far and away from Winterfell at this point in the story.

Oh c'mon! Where are my fellow Bolton loyalists who enjoy seeing torture as much as I? This was my favorite scene this season so far :cool4:

Ahaha, it was mesmerizing and horrifying and I was giggling like a deranged schoolgirl. I'm picturing Ramsay just chilling outside of Winterfell with his feet propped up, sipping wine and blowing that horn sporadically.

GAH the Expressions. Both Theon and Ramsay. Holy crap! Ramsay's such an enchanting monster in this--something about his eyes and face pull you in, but he's scaaaaary. Love his voice.

I think they're going to make him more clever and subtle in the TV version than the film version, as a compare/contrast to Joffrey's stupider cruelty. It's the next level up--Joffrey is psychotic, but he's pretty dumb. Ramsay could be even nastier...but holy crap he's smart too. Taking a lot of time (relatively speaking) to introduce Ramsay has me wondering how much he'll appear in the rest of the series. Maybe he outlives Roose, as a sort of evil cockroach character who just will not friggin' die.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you people?

That's the point, though - that's why it's easier to get a new actor and have characters say "oh, hey, it's that person" in the show. People don't care, as long as they make it clear who this person is and where they come from when they're reintroduced.

Jeyne herself is such a minor character, she or her circumstances are hardly sacred or exempt from changes. I'm just saying I doubt they'll change it to being a real Stark, because both Sansa and Arya have their own very distinct and important arcs far and away from Winterfell at this point in the story.

I'll buy it for now. But maybe there won't be two fake Aryas like in the book because Mel would no longer mistake the Karstark girl for Arya. Since they've met.

Believe it or not people have actually gotten better about not being creepy in the Theon topics! This is improvement. Baby steps, right? :lol:

Let's not start a *thing* by calling posters out and get another thread closed - stay on topic and all that.

Talisa as Ramsey's wife?

Maybe if Arya got one hell of a tan and some major surgery.

Haha. This is probably one of my least favorite theories, and I'm hoping it doesn't come to pass. Talisa obviously couldn't be a fake Arya, so what's the angle? As Robb's foreign widow it's not as though she has any particular claim on Winterfell even with the main Stark line "dead", does she?

I know. Are they going to be just as ecstatic when Ramsay gets all rapey and feeding dead raped women to his dogs? I hope not. Or if so, I don't want to hear about it.

I appreciate good acting and writing? I love psycho characters? Theon's one of my favorites? Alfie Allen and Iwan Rheon are awesome? Extreme gallows humor? Take your pick, or just write me off as an unhinged deviant and leave it at that.

Anyhoodle, I highly doubt the real Arya is heading north anytime soon. Jeyne will be easy to stick in. You automatically get infinity +1 sympathy points if you're marrying Ramsay. Plus, D&D have said they love Theon, so I'm pretty sure they'll keep his arc intact. I can't wait so see how they film his

rescue of Jeyne and escape from Winterfell

I appreciate good acting and writing? I love psycho characters? Theon's one of my favorites? Alfie Allen and Iwan Rheon are awesome? Extreme gallows humor? Take your pick, or just write me off as an unhinged deviant and leave it at that.

Anyhoodle, I highly doubt the real Arya is heading north anytime soon. Jeyne will be easy to stick in. You automatically get infinity +1 sympathy points if you're marrying Ramsay. Plus, D&D have said they love Theon, so I'm pretty sure they'll keep his arc intact. I can't wait so see how they film his

rescue of Jeyne and escape from Winterfell

This. Lord Ramsay's cruelty is so absurd it's hilarious and I end up enjoying it immensely. But yeah, when it comes to fictional stories, I am a sick fuck indeed. I have always rooted for the villains in them.

I can't wait to see Ramsey give Theon the command to "prepare" one of his women for him...with his mouth of course lolz.

I can't wait until Theon is gelded. It would be hilarious if he was screaming and then he went high pitch. Gosh I love Ramsey.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to those scenes. I hope in season 4 we get a hunting scene with Ramsay chasing a naked woman in the woods and then giving her to the dogs. I want D&D to fully expose his cruelty.

Archived