[BOOK SPOILERS] “If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention.”

Dove

edit: goddamn it y'all i just said the theon threads were getting less creepy, way to make a liar of me :|

Thank you.

It's nice to see others who aren't high strung dorks for sadism.

It's more than a little off-putting when people keep posting in a certain sort of way about this story, no doubt, but unless they directly break the forum's rules (leading to reportin' them) there's not much you can do about it besides complain fruitlessly - and I'd rather fill up the pages with actual discussion on the story itself, so the creepy is buried, instead of dwell on it. It's actually gotten a little better since the mods came down and people aren't squeeing over Stockholm Syndrome anymore, so there's a plus.

I also don't think that they could convincingly recast the actor playing Theon.

It might be quite possible. By the time he shows up at Winterfell would even his best friend recognize him? Of course, he doesn't have any friends at all, and his family pretty much despises and have disowned him. A safe figure to demean and degrade, torture and dismiss, I suppose.

It's true that Theon's description is downright unrecognizable and completely changed after his stay in the Dreadfort, but I think that re-casting him would probably be a huge misstep.

It would be very confusing and unconvincing to suddenly have a completely different person playing the same character even if you're simulating the premature aging and heavy physical toll the constant torture would take, and you lose the pathos of the recognizable face that you've spent watching as that character up to that point.

Did anyone notice Ramsay saying "I win" in the end almost sounds like "IWAN"?

So he did give up his "real" identity! :cool4:

:cheers:

Haha almost, but his name is pronounced Ee-wan Ray-on IIRC :P

I can't wait to see Ramsey give Theon the command to "prepare" one of his women for him...with his mouth of course lolz.

I can't wait until Theon is gelded. It would be hilarious if he was screaming and then he went high pitch. Gosh I love Ramsey.

Sorry to spoil your fanboy sadism, but Theon wasn't castrated in ADWD.

Actually, GRRM deliberately left it vague whether or not Theon was castrated. Perhaps the show will do the same.

At one point in Winterfell, Ramsay threatens Theon, and he is scared that Ramsay will take his cock or his tongue next.

Also, Theon momentarily considers having sex with the spearwife who won't leave him alone in the mess/dining hall.

Sorry to spoil your fanboy sadism, but Theon wasn't castrated in ADWD.

It's implied several times that he actually was.

Actually, GRRM deliberately left it vague whether or not Theon was castrated. Perhaps the show will do the same.

I don't think so. That knife Ramsay was handling in the preview of next episode had a very unique shape. I am almost sure Theon is getting castrated in episode 7, but I really doubt they'll show the process of castration on screen. Way too graphic for most people.

At one point in Winterfell, Ramsay threatens Theon, and he is scared that Ramsay will take his cock or his tongue next.

Also, Theon momentarily considers having sex with the spearwife who won't leave him alone in the mess/dining hall.

Ramsay threatens to cut off his tongue, not his cock. And Theon says he has no... something, and that could only mean one thing.

Ramsay rose, the firelight shining on his face. “Reek, get over here. Get her ready for me.”

For a moment he did not understand. “I ... do you mean ... m’lord, I have no ... I...”

“With your mouth,” Lord Ramsay said. “And be quick about it. If she’s not wet by the time I’m done disrobing, I will cut off that tongue of yours and nail it to the wall.”

It's implied several times that he actually was.

I don't think so. That knife Ramsay was handling in the preview of next episode had a very unique shape. I am almost sure Theon is getting castrated in episode 7, but I really doubt they'll show the process of castration on screen. Way too graphic for most people.

Ramsay threatens to cut off his tongue, not his cock. And Theon says he has no... something, and that could only mean one thing.

You're a weirdo.

"But then there was a quote where he is talking to Rowan. He gets mad because he thinks she's making fun of him and he says he wants to hit her and smash her face, kiss her, f___ her, "but he dare not touch her, in anger or in lust." He doesn't say that he can't but that he not dare. I have no idea what Ramsey did to him but it don't think he cut it off."

You're a weirdo.

"But then there was a quote where he is talking to Rowan. He gets mad because he thinks she's making fun of him and he says he wants to hit her and smash her face, kiss her, f___ her, "but he dare not touch her, in anger or in lust." He doesn't say that he can't but that he not dare. I have no idea what Ramsey did to him but it don't think he cut it off."

Maybe he only had his cock flayed, but I'm completely sure something happened to his cock.

Maybe he only had his cock flayed, but I'm completely sure something happened to his cock.

Your obsession is troubling.

He wanted to hit her, to smash that mocking smile off her face. He wanted to kiss her, to f*ck her right there on the table and make her cry his name. But he knew he dare not touch her, in anger or in lust. Reek, Reek, my name is Reek. I must not forget my name. He jerked to his feet and made his way wordlessly to the doors, limping on his maimed feet.

page 473

Your obsession is troubling.

page 473

I have no obsession. We are simply discussing the most controversial part of Theon's transformation into Reek :cool4:

Why must all Theon threads delve into whether or not he was castrated? It is not like that is a particularly fun or happy topic, instead it is extremely uncomfortable to imagine and read about.

Archived