[BOOK SPOILERS] “If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention.”

Dove

I think if we see a bit more of Roose this episode maybe with his banner behind him or someone mentions what a lovely image his house sigil is, it'll be quite obvious, or is that just me? I noticed the close-up to his sigil in the first or second episode this season, and then there was a cut to Theon at the cross-thingy and I figured that already gave it away... (but that's me knowing who he is, so obviously I was wrong)

The first time we hear of Theon after his final POV chapter in Winterfell is when Roose presents Cat with a gift and says his bastard is flaying him one finger at a time. This wouldn't be a huge shock moment in the show so they are more than likely going to reveal him earlier.

Also Asha appears in this series so I'm guessing she goes to Winterfell and sees the bodies of the Iron Born or that something doesn't add up.

This is another good point. Where do you guys think they're going with this arc in S4 with three episodes left? Theon breaking and becoming "Reek"? Something else?

Not sure what you're arguing since that's what I'm saying though?? Without any buildup to his character besides Roose's mention, at this point it's either going to be underwhelming or a big red flag, or both, but I can't say which since it's hard to truly separate book/show knowledge.

And yeah, online Unsullied that talk about the show on websites like TWoP and WiC.net and stuff are a very vocal minority, and most of their communities are full of bookwalkers and shit anyway - the vast majority of casual viewers honestly seem to have no fucking clue, and like lostinasia mentioned, were confused about whether they should even have a clue or not.

Unless you hang on to every word of the series (which the book readers do) you really have no idea who boy is. The people I watch it with barely know who Roose Bolton is. The only two things is when Roose tells Robb hell send his bastard to retake winterfell and that some one calls him bastard. I don't think that anyone who watches the show once would even remember Roose from season one or have any clue who boy is. The only way it will work really if he revealed himself at theRW

If that slouch doesn't scream villain, I don't know what does...

Is it that wide-shot of the Theon on the cross and Ramsay reclining in the chair? (after the first couple of leaked pictures i've been avoiding the rest since there's apparently a Big Deal one or something :lol:)

If so I agree, and that was a well-crafted shot too. And with him and Roose both having prominent scenes tonight, it seems like the perfect opportunity to reveal him. Up to this point we've seen the real Ramsay for like, five seconds tops, but it looks like he's in full-on Absolute Creepy Fucker mode tonight. Should be interesting.

I'm both looking forward to and dreading every one of these scenes though ugghh

The thing about Theon's arc in ADWD is that we caught him on the up-and-up, so to speak (even if our introduction to him was eating a rat in the dark through broken teeth) and we didn't have to see him being broken as it was happening. Instead of experiencing it "real-time" we connected the dots and caught a glimpse of the horror of his existence to that point through his internal monologue and flashbacks - but, obviously they can't do this on the show. I'm really curious about how they're going to keep Theon and Ramsay in the show throughout this period without making this storyline profoundly off-putting to the point of being unwatchable - not to mention repetitive and slow, as some have mentioned, since we know it's not really "progressing" until, like, probably late S4-S5.

I watch with 3 friends none of whom are book readers. They know that there is something hyped called the RW and probably something crazy happens there. To this point the audience has no idea about edmure and frey marriage. They are very focuses on the sansa plot and the Jeffrey wedding because the press has hinted that something happens during a wedding. For what its worth they are trying to juggle to many arcs st once and its hurting the flow. Now since I read the series I know whats going on, but to my friends that havent its very difficult with Robb starks arc, and IDing Ramsey, or picking up on intricacies with Roose. Hell has bran even been in the show for more than a minute.

What they better not foul up is the Robb/will scene. The whole Karstark thing was so rushed.

Did anyone else notice in the little recap bit they give away exactly where there going every episode.

I watch with 3 friends none of whom are book readers. They know that there is something hyped called the RW and probably something crazy happens there. To this point the audience has no idea about edmure and frey marriage. They are very focuses on the sansa plot and the Jeffrey wedding because the press has hinted that something happens during a wedding. For what its worth they are trying to juggle to many arcs st once and its hurting the flow. Now since I read the series I know whats going on, but to my friends that havent its very difficult with Robb starks arc, and IDing Ramsey, or picking up on intricacies with Roose. Hell has bran even been in the show for more than a minute.

What they better not foul up is the Robb/will scene. The whole Karstark thing was so rushed.

Did anyone else notice in the little recap bit they give away exactly where there going every episode.

I thought that was the point on shows like this? It refreshes the viewers memory about the arcs they are about to see.

They will have Ramsay and Roose in a scene together where Ramsay kneels before Roose and says "father". Basicially the only way I see it happening without confusing all the show viewers.

They need to do the reveal either just before or just after the RW. They definitely can't leave it over until next season... but if they wait until late this season people may disconnect from what is going on due to being in a state of confusion for too long.

Well Ramsay sending daddy bolton a peice of theon's skin for him to show Robb presents a nice opportunity.

I think revealing Boy as Ramsay would give away RW. I hope they leave it till episode 10.

Revealing him as Ramsay isn't too much of a giveaway, since Robb ordered Ramsay to go get Theon and to make sure he was alive for Robb to deal with himself. What they need to keep quiet is the Winterfell burning

Didn't you find it a nice nod to the nature of the series?

The fourth wall isn't sacred and it's already faced assaults from reports of Tyrion losing his nose, the Meerenese knot etc..

I love that this season, there were so many of those nods

I'm hoping they reveal that they are at the Dreadfort so we can see the Dreadfort on the map in the intro. That will make 15 places so far.

I don't think Dreadfort will make it on there this season, they just added Yunkai and Twins are coming up

I thought that was the point on shows like this? It refreshes the viewers memory about the arcs they are about to see.

I guess the one specific thing was before last episode, where they show Ned questioning jorah's "honor" to the small council. Then they have a scene were jorah talks about the small council. I guess I just never expected them to go that far back with the recap.

I don't think Dreadfort will make it on there this season, they just added Yunkai and Twins are coming up

Yeah, they could replace Winterfell with it but that would be fairly pointless as Winterfell will be back in play again once the Boltons take it as well as the fact that it's still kind of linked with Bran's storyline at present (along with all the Stark's really)

I doubt we'll ever see a Dreadfort pop-up on the credits simply because even in the books it's never really relevant despite a minor storyline being there on the show.

They're just building the Bolton's up as characters to hate, and people will despise Roose soon enough and are probably just more or less confused by Ramsay - although Theon's monologue probably went a long way in terms of creating some empathy for most viewers.

I guess the one specific thing was before last episode, where they show Ned questioning jorah's "honor" to the small council. Then they have a scene were jorah talks about the small council. I guess I just never expected them to go that far back with the recap.

As well as in episode one where the "recap" showed Ser Barristan being dismissed.

Is it that wide-shot of the Theon on the cross and Ramsay reclining in the chair? (after the first couple of leaked pictures i've been avoiding the rest since there's apparently a Big Deal one or something :lol:)

I've seen there was a big fuss in WiC and twitter, I don't mind spoilers, where can I find those leaked pics? lol

In the spoiler-y pics, the shape of the cross is really emphasized and the Bolton sigil is obvious in the background of the Jaime/Roose conversation. They're dropping hints, at least. If they don't reveal it soon, I will be surprised.

http://i.imgur.com/kY7Eybph.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eg2B12Oh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1Kq7Gw6h.jpg

Look at how obvious that thing is!

I think they should reveal that he is the Bastard of Bolton ASAP. To be honest, it's not that big of a reveal. There has only been a couple of mentions to him, and not nearly enough that it would make the audience collectively shit themselves. The reveal of who burned Winterfell should come towards the end of the season, hopefully in the scene right before the Red Wedding.

Didn't Theon admit to burning Winterfell down in show canon?

Archived