[Book Spoilers] EP306 Discussion

Ran

I'm not generally pleased with how they are dealing with Ygritte and Jon so far in the show and this episode proves that they're just going to simple with them, when their relationship is one of the things that eventually triggers Jon's own maturity. So far, I just feel them "horny". Isn't Jon one of the main characters, that they're wasting time on way other stuff instead of them?

Loved Oleeyna and Tywin conversation, though. Tywin saying his stomach was fine got me laughing.

I took Olenna's quill breaking as acceptance of the proposal. My question is why doesn't Tywin propose himself to Olenna :D

I was waiting for Olenna to rub it in Tywin's face.."It would be an honor...to have Loras in the Kingsguard." So, then what *will* break the betrothal?

I do not like her taking him that does not happen the books, I always thought he was going to have a more important role same as the Bastard Davos tried to save which is not in the show.

Yeah, Edric Storm is non existent in the show. But, I don't recall how Gendry's identity was revealed to Stannis and Mellisandre (who I deeply dislike).

Oh wait....maybe Gendry will be imprisoned with Davos and then Stannis's daughter will free them both and Davos will save Gendry.

:)

Ok, can someone please explain to me why Sansa was crying at the sight of Littlefinger's ship sailing away?

She was just told that she wasn't marrying the handsome Loras Tyrell, and instead marrying Tyrion. And her only way (Littlefinger) out of Kingslanding had just sailed away.

The Ygritte loyalty, it is just them, speech would have had MUCH more impact if it were done after the kiss on top of the wall. After the two of them were cut loose to die and made it up together would have made more sense to me.

Edited by flinn

So for all the scene chewing Ros did in the first two seasons, this is her demise. Joffrey is imbalanced, yes. But this? And while I'm glad to be done with her this was so over the top and an unnecessary way to close out the arc of a character I loathed.

Though I enjoyed LF's little speech about the climb overtop the montage of things.

I think that was on purpose. Are you familiar with the concept of "Take That, Audience"?

If you want the exact same story in the show then you don't understand how adaptations work. There are too many characters for the budget to allow all of them. It isn't possible. The show is doing an amazing job of streamlining and working within it's resources.

You could always wuit watching though. If you don't want any changes just read the book again.

Did not say I wanted the exact but I think a character like Willis who never appeared in the books (in person) could have been used in for the show,

I still don't understand what they are doing with Loras and Cersei. Are we to believe Olenna accepted the betrothal to Cersei?

As for Shae and Sansa -- I definitely think they're setting up Shae being jealous of Sansa and that being why she turns against Tyrion later on.

I think you're completely right on Shae. Good call.

As for Loras, while I'm sure Olenna did probably agree there, I'd imagine Loras will flat out refuse, and become Kingsguard