YAY:

No more Ros

Melisandre scenes

Tywin and Olenna

^Sword swallower lololol

The climbing scenes were really well done

ROOSE BOLTON

NAY:

JOFFREY being the one to kill Ros. We all know that Joff doesn't do the killing himself.

Varys continuously being busted

Sam. Normally love him but this ep he was just meh

Jon and Ygritte's sappy ending to this ep.

No Dany (I know she can't be in every ep, but still!)

Ok, when LF told Varys he passed Ros onto a friend who was glad to make use of her at first I thought she was gonna play fake Arya and I was so p'd off! Then I immediately thought No he gave her to Qyburn, yay! I mad no secret of my dislike for Ros, but it was fucked up that they had King fucking Joffrey kill her. The worst written character on the planet doesn't deserve death at the hands of Joffrey.

It was almost as bad as Cedric Diggory being killed by fucking Wormtail. *lights candle for Ros*

But great episode!

I guess Ros' death is supposed to illustrate how high a woman of her stock can rise doing the things she does before she's killed. Very brutal and very realistic

So we really aren't having edric in the show huh?

Also how is this going to happen now,

this is one of my favorite cliff haggers

what is going to happen to Brienne

While questing to find Sansa Stark, Brienne of Tarth encounters Gendry at the inn, and is shocked by his striking resemblance to Renly Baratheon. At the inn, Brienne duels with Rorge and slays him, only to be savaged by Biter. Gendry saves Brienne's life by driving a spear through Biter's neck.[7]

My first thought was Qyburn for Ros as well, but showing her with Joffrey was so much more shocking and effective!

My only complaint was that Arya came across as a bit whiny, and I don't recall her ever meeting Melisandre, but that's the only scene I wasn't on the edge of my seat for tonight...awesome episode.

that whole idea for a resolved sansa/littlefinger plot thread (Ros for Dontos) is destroyed. Ah, whatever, Ros is dead. Huzzah, but not huzzah, cause that was pretty messed up.

seriously, though, we should have brackets for how they're going to adapt the books from here on out.

a quiet, slow build of an episode(reminded me tonally of Two Towers or something). No beginning, no end, just a couple good scenes, a bit much torture, and a mean old closing monologue.

Seem like we just get one of our first spoilers for books 6/7 with Mel's line to Arya that they'll meet again, right?

I was waiting for Olenna to rub it in Tywin's face.."It would be an honor...to have Loras in the Kingsguard." So, then what *will* break the betrothal?

Presumably at some point after Tywin's dead and Cersei is running the show, she'll appoint him to the KG; possibly as a "take that" to the Tyrells after the Tyrells propose marrying Margery to Tommen.

Did not say I wanted the exact but I think a character like Willis who never appeared in the books (in person) could have been used in for the show,

His not existing changes nothing in the grand scheme of themes.

All the payoffs will remain the same, the way that these payoffs are reached may be changed. That's fine with mez

This is still one of the most faithful adaptations of all time.

All the complaints I hear sound really baseless.

i don't know why everybody is upset about the change with Loras and Cersei, after all such wedding will never happen, after the events of Jefrey's wedding, Tyrion's trial, and his escape, Cersei will be free of the engagement.

Hey -- a prophecy from Melisandre! Arya will kill someone with brown eyes, someone with blue eyes and someone with green eyes. Any guesses?

I liked the reframing of Jon/Ygritte as two "lovers against the world." Closing montage and final shot quite effective.

Less effective -- too much Theon with too few answers. Jaime, Brienne and Bolton get short shrift (no mention of "sapphires.") Could have skipped Bran and Sam/Gilly for as much as they did with the,.

BTW, I think Sansa was crying because Tyrion gave her the true scoop regarding her marriage, and she was watching her only other option (LF) sail out of sight.

This episode set up a few things. 1. The reveal of Joffrey giving the Mandon Moore order sets precedent to him ordering a hit. So we'll have that in mind when the Bran reveal happens. 2. LF giving Ros to his "friend" also sets up the Purple Wedding joust, with LF whispering into Joff's ear to embarrass Tyrion.

His not existing changes nothing in the grand scheme of themes.

All the payoffs will remain the same, the way that these payoffs are reached may be changed. That's fine with mez

This is still one of the most faithful adaptations of all time.

All the complaints I hear sound really baseless.

I get what your saying but the Gendry saving Brienne part how is that going to happen now that is a pretty big pay off

The Varys/LF part was great. The LF monologue was genuinely chilling.

I still don't really understand how Mel & co got from Dragonstone to the forest hideout of the BwB without getting caught somewhere by some party of soldiers/raiders. Seemed unlikely. I suppose Mel saw the king's blood of Gendry in her fires.

Although I do think Shireen could potentially be used in some capacity as well, depending on what happens to Gendry. I do hope they don't kill him off... I quite like the actor and would hope to see him reappear to save Brienne and such later.

Climbing bits were solid. Also liked the Tyrion/Tywin/Cersei parts.

Barristan and Jorah... Weird scene to throw in this episode. And how is Dany ever to learn about Jorah's betrayal?