[Book Spoilers] EP306 Discussion

Ran

What I found amusing was that the Lannister scenes (Tywin and Olenna, Jaime and Brienne, Tyrion and Cersei) were actually the most comedic in the episode. Very dark and an awesome set-up for the rest of the season.

And poor Edmure :lmao:

I can barely recognize the show anymore. Jon climbs the wall and Jaime/Brienne eat with Roose. Ignoring deviating dialogue, these are the only things I recall that actually happened in ASOS.

Showing Theon get tortured week after week is fucked up. Contract or no, they should have just paid him and skipped this.

I get what your saying but the Gendry saving Brienne part how is that going to happen now that is a pretty big pay off

Oh you mean an event that won't happen for two seasons? Yeah I have no idea how they can work that out with "only" 20 episodes to get there.

i don't know why everybody is upset about the change with Loras and Cersei, after all such wedding will never happen, after the events of Jefrey's wedding, Tyrion's trial, and his escape, Cersei will be free of the engagement.

Not to mention that QoT told Tywin to go F himself when he gave her his ultimatum. He had the quill in his hand to write up the marriage agreement for Lora's and Cersei. Which means Tywin is going to ask him to join the KG.

I can barely recognize the show anymore. Jon climbs the wall and Jaime/Brienne eat with Roose. Ignoring deviating dialogue, these are the only things I recall that actually happened in ASOS.

Showing Theon get tortured week after week is fucked up. Contract or no, they should have just paid him and skipped this.

Lol I misread.

I enjoy the other scenes. Also, you missed the one with Robb, which I think was fairly faithful

Edited by axels15

This episode set up a few things. 1. The reveal of Joffrey giving the Mandon Moore order sets precedent to him ordering a hit. So we'll have that in mind when the Bran reveal happens. 2. LF giving Ros to his "friend" also sets up the Purple Wedding joust, with LF whispering into Joff's ear to embarrass Tyrion.

That makes a lot of sense. And we know LF is playing both sides, helping the Tyrells plan and execute the PW by playing Joffrey, but frustrating their plans initially since Sansa married to Loras doesn't suit his aims.

LF was spectacular and chilling this episode. The monologue was so compelling, but almost hard to listen to, disturbed by the music and images of dead Ros.

Not to mention that QoT told Tywin to go F himself when he gave her his ultimatum. He had the quill in his hand to write up the marriage agreement for Lora's and Cersei. Which means Tywin is going to ask him to join the KG.

He was actually saying he had the pen in hand to write the order for the Kingsguard. So I'm pretty sure she agreed to the marriage. Regardless, I doubt it will happen.

I get what your saying but the Gendry saving Brienne part how is that going to happen now that is a pretty big pay off

I have a feeling that Mel doesn't kill Gendry, as I think there was a clip of them both naked in a room together or something. I have a feeling he bangs her and makes a shadow baby to kill Balon and his blood through the leeches for Robb and Joff and she will let him go.

I have to admit, I thought this was exactly where things were going too...

Shae could still fill that role, depending upon how things play out. But I think it stills leaves LF clear to be part of the PW plot: he thrives on chaos. And picking up Shae, whom he knows is Tyrion's whore, to deliver Tyrion's wife to him the night of the PW isn't totally far fetched.

With the Arya/Mel standoff:

They're really setting up the importance of religion, and it gives us clues to what we'll see in the actual book series moving on too. Arya is completely opposed to this religion of light, because she is with the god of Death, darkness, and the Great Other.

mark my words.

I wonder, does Melisandre's "we'll meet again..." foreshadow/spoil where things are going in the books.

ETA: i see others have said this too..

not really foreshadowing much since they never meet in the books but if they do meet it'll be a first

probably just a red herring after all GRRM didn't write this episode

LF was spectacular and chilling this episode. The monologue was so compelling, but almost hard to listen to, disturbed by the music and images of dead Ros.

It was a singular piece of moral nihilism. The worst part about it is that I can bet quite a lot of viewers agreed with him.

Episode should have ended there, tough. Cheesy kiss atop the Wall ruined everything forever.

Shae could still fill that role, depending upon how things play out. But I think it stills leaves LF clear to be part of the PW plot: he thrives on chaos. And picking up Shae, whom he knows is Tyrion's whore, to deliver Tyrion's wife to him the night of the PW isn't totally far fetched.

Tyrion still needs to kill Shae though. And she needs to testify against him in the trial. So, her being killed by LF doesn't work. Maybe they bring Dontos back?

I think Kettleback is going to fill that role he works for Littlefinger.