[Book Spoilers] EP306 Discussion

Ran

Loved that they included a bit of the Ghost of High Heart stuff for Arya, even though it wasn't exactly the same (possibly my favourite quote from the books).

I also thought LF had sent Ros to Qyburn for a second. Then when Varys started talking about chaos, i knew the LF speech from the promo was coming & wasn't sure how they'd work it in (loved it in the promo). I think it worked well over the Joff/Ros & Sansa scenes. Good stuff!

Is it weird that I could watch a whole episode of Ramsay/Theon?! The casting for house Bolton is superb imo.

not at all. I was so pleased with that scene you have no idea. LOL My boyfriend paused it and asked me. "Is he really at karhold?" "Keep watching" Was a nice break of 4th wall. EVERYONE wanted to know who he was, where he was, why he was doing this shit. And we

got 2 answers. Not karstark (betrayal last episode), and "LOL, no reason! I like to do this!"

Guessing games are so much fun! I REALY REALLY loved that its follwed by Roose. OMG the boltons are WIN.

I just can't believe there are people worried that Gendry is going to die.

lol.

Why couldn't he. He doesn't do much significant in the books after this.

Although, I don't think he *will* but i also don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

Barristan and Jorah... Weird scene to throw in this episode. And how is Dany ever to learn about Jorah's betrayal?

Wait, what? Am I misreading this? Are you saying there was a scene with them in this episode?? I didn't see anything of the sort, did I miss something??

Also, I see quite a few people having strong opinions against this episode and somehow it seems to me like most of them are from the "don't change anything from the books or you're the biggest sinners ever" camp. I'm very curious to see their reactions to next season, which is supposed to have even bigger deviations and changes from the book.

Shame for you though, I love the books and I love the show, including this episode, which for me was the second strongest of the season.

Edited by Arlborn

This is taking up too much of the storyline, this Theon stuff does not need to take place so soon.

Let's say they show very little of the Theon stuff the rest of this season, how much can they show in season 4?

Don't like the idea of pulling stuff from ADwD so soon up into S4.

If they do.

I took that as Arya will be a brown eyed person, a blue eyed person, and a green eyed person. You know, a person with many faces.

I initially took it that she would kill the above listed. But you are right in the way she worded it....could easily be foreshadowing of her FM training.

I'm kind of surprised Tyrion told Sansa himself. Did he and Cersei flip for it or something?

Me too! I HATE that shae was around and refused to leave the room. The scene with Sansa crying at the end was heartbreaking :(

With the Arya/Mel standoff:

They're really setting up the importance of religion, and it gives us clues to what we'll see in the actual book series moving on too. Arya is completely opposed to this religion of light, because she is with the god of Death, darkness, and the Great Other.

mark my words.

Arya is opposed to the red god because he let the Hound go. Arya's moral standing in the most puzzling of all the characters in the book given her storyline is stalled across the sea.

She is clearly going to kill a number of people; however, given that so many are being taken out before she can get back to Westeros, it is genuinely puzzling who she is likely to kill.

I have a feeling that Mel doesn't kill Gendry, as I think there was a clip of them both naked in a room together or something. I have a feeling he bangs her and makes a shadow baby to kill Balon and his blood through the leeches for Robb and Joff and she will let him go.

I just can't believe there are people worried that Gendry is going to die.

lol.

Gendry is going to be a major character in the novels yet to be delivered.

I took that as Arya will be a brown eyed person, a blue eyed person, and a green eyed person. You know, a person with many faces.

She talking about individual people, well, that's like novel 6 stuff, book-wise that would be a long long way off.

I was also upset at the Melisandre meeting Arya and taking Gendry part. I feel like it either changes the story completely from the books or it gives away clues about what is going to happen on later in the books. The show should in no way spoil things that are going to happen in book 6 and 7. It gets me thinking that since they know things we don't, they can play with the characters to get them to the endpoints they choose so they're foreshadowing for events that we haven't had any foreshadowing clues in the book yet.

Having Melisandre take Gendry - Now Gendry will not have that experience with the BWB and the morals of them. Since he's taking Edric's part does that mean his book character arc is not important to the overall story anymore at all? (I also immediately jumped to thinking about the scene where he saved Brienne).

I didn't mind the part with Melisandre giving Arya's future to her, but now Arya's going to have her in mind to meet again for revenge. Do they know something we don't? That Melisandre and Arya are going to meet in the books later? I really feel like they're either going in a completely different direction from the books or spoiling the actual books because of what they know. I'd almost rather them just make stuff up and have a different ending than give me clues to what will be happening in the books.