[Book Spoilers] EP306 Discussion

Ran

I don't see Loras as an asshole in the show but I do think it was a bad move to have him fall into bed with the first random guy who approached him and blab about fringed sleeves....Season 2 Loras who had to be practically forced to leave Renly's corpse and only did so with the promise of living for revenge seems to have been body snatched and replaced by Really Gay Loras Who Likes Casual Sex And Clothes, which is a shame.

And yet if you listen carefully to what is talking about with the sleeves you will see that he is thinking about Renly.

Also, they haven't shown any fire visions by either Thoros or Mel yet right? Are they considering eliminating that from the show? Or would it be shown at a later time? Because nothing like now to introduce this ability amongst the Priests of Rhllor.

Also, they haven't shown any fire visions by either Thoros or Mel yet right? Are they considering eliminating that from the show? Or would it be shown at a later time? Because nothing like now to introduce this ability amongst the Priests of Rhllor.

Yes they did. They showed Melisandre showing the visions to Stannis. Don't remember the episode.

They've shown Melisandre showing Stannis some sort of vision in the flames, though we don't see what he sees. In the books themselves we don't really get a good view of the fire visions until book 5 in Melisandre's POV chapter. But they have certainly been mentioned as part of her arsenal of abilities. I think we can infer that the flames are how she knew where to find Gendry. They ought to have made it a little clearer that that was how she found the brotherhood. Without the explanation it might look slightly absurd.

And yet if you listen carefully to what is talking about with the sleeves you will see that he is thinking about Renly.

I agree. At first when that Loras sex scene happened I thought it wasn't true to the character. But on further reflection I think there was room for some flexibility without it being character assassination. It's possible that people going through a loss like Loras could use sex as a coping mechanism while at the same time feeling like they'll never love again. The sleeves thing might be criticized as using a classic gay stereotype, but it at least demonstrated that there's more going on in his head than pure rebound.

I took that as Arya will be a brown eyed person, a blue eyed person, and a green eyed person. You know, a person with many faces.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted that seen also.

I was confused when I came in here reading about how it means she will kill people with those eye colors :)