Ran

Spoiler-free discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode without any reference to the books whatsoever or other spoiler material

This topic should open automatically around the start of airing.

Edited:

1. Song of the seven!!! Im also glad they pointed out the dragonglass dagger

2. Meera/Osha rivalvy at it's finest! lol

3. Snow, Crow, "dont ever betray me!" OMG Stare at her ass alll day Jon snow!

4. GUESSING GAAAMES!!!

5. Edmure's face. PRICELESS!

6. ROOOOOOOOOOOSSSSE ROOSE ROOSE ROOOSE! hahaha i love that man. omg frilly pink dress

7. Tywin's straight face through this convo makes me laugh so hard. Well played Tywin!

8. HANGING ON BY HIS MEMBER!!!

9. This play is awful! (no not a typo)

10.awkward indeed

11. "I've counted." "I'm sure you have." "The lysa arryn of chairs!" "Chaos is a ladder"

13. OMG DEAD ROS!

14. And yes, crying sansa lost her chance to go with littlefinger watches his ship sail for the Vale.

nice ending. a bit cliche but awesome episode. 9/10 maybe. gave me lots to love.

Oh... i almost forgot the Mel part... that was pretty nifty actually. Wasnt expecting her to take him away so quickly. Did anyone else get a Syrio feeling when Anguy was teaching arya to LOOK WITH HER EYES!?

edit again: What Mel said to Arya made me cringe a little. But interesting foreshadowing for her. Is she really going to meet Mel again? Their dynamic might be interesting to watch at a later date.

Will Arya add Melisandre to her evening prayers?

Edited by A Bear covered in Fluff

I was really surprised when Mel was so taken aback by Thoros and Beric's interactions, like she didn't see that coming - "You shouldn't have this power" - she was genuinely shocked, and showed a bit of fear as all evil ones show when confronted with someone who might be more powerful - what if Thoros is in reality far more powerful than she is, and he hides it behind the drunken clown facade? Maybe not, but it's still very interesting, the contrast between her style and Thoros's in serving the LoL.

Those two sons of Walder Frey were a couple of prizes, weren't they? Eww. With those as examples of his genetic-based outcomes, no wonder Edmure wanted to see his future bride first. The Starks and Tullys looked like choices for People Magazine's 50 Beautiful People next to those two.

Jojen is having seizures - is he going to survive the series, or die out before the end? He seems very frail.

Poor Sansa, still stuck in a nightmare. Does the girl ever catch a break? And Joffrey is being made to look horrible-awful-repulsive-crazy-quite-mad-you-know - I accidentally read somewhere about his future - yeah, I stumbled onto a spoiler, but I don't mind. Looks like they're prepping us, the TV-only audience, to really despise him so that what happens seems okay to us.

The near-fall of Jon and Ygritte was frightening - Jon Snow, you're my hero! Their relationship doesn't look quite so cobbled-together now.

Wasn't really impressed with this episode to be honest. I guess they're setting up an arc for the next episodes?

I felt like there wasn't a lot of plot progress in this one.

Jon's storyline this season - I'm really not sure where they are going with this one.

I did enjoy the scene between Tywin and Olenna though.

But yeah I can't really think of much right now.

Edited by RedChick

Did Joffrey murder little finger's working girl? Who set sail and why was Sansa so upset?

Littlefinger gives her to Joffrey after finding out she was spying.

Littlefinger then sets sail to the Vale and Sansa is crying because he was her last hope out of King's Landing after finding out she is being forced to marry Tyrion.

When Lord Bolton said maybe he should kill both Jaime and Brienne and burn their bodies, it made me suddenly fear him - he's much more cruel and ruthless than he's been letting on. His banners have that bloody body on them - I think they've been hiding his real personality and I think he's got something really horrible planned for Brienne. He has to know he's not going to get any sapphires for her in ransom. Now I'm nervous for Brienne and Gendry both.

I'm beginning to think Westeros is the most dangerous place I've ever seen in any fiction tale. It's hard to stay alive and in one piece there!

I know the show is different from the books, but is anyone else a bit shocked at how drastically they have changed things in the show?

I think most of the people on this thread haven't read the books or like me, haven't read as far yet as the events in the TV show version. So it's hard to know how things have been changed.

This tale is full of mystery and misdirection.

If you think you've figured something out... you might be surprised how that changes not only your view of things going forward... but your view on quite a lot of scenes in previous episodes (seasons), even.

ive read everything but i really enjoy opinions of people who havent been spoiled. I just saw otakuassemble's video review and laughed my ass off at his optimism.

But yes there's a LOT of deviation from the books and i was pretty shocked about some of it. Though i read the synopsis of the episodes so knew mel was coming for gendry anyway (also from the interviews on yt)

edit: i also like how the show has changed my original opinion on the characters. in the book i hated the boltons but in the show i adore them. Jaime and Tywin too. the actors are really something. And as much as I adore kit harrington because he is a fanboy of the series. the writers have modified his arc too much i think. But i still loved the cave scene and his chemistry with ygritte. (its cute cause they're dating irl) and the last scene was awesome but cheezy. foreshadowing a little with the eagle and orell. And ygritte in the book didnt really think he was still a crow. so for them to admit he really is 2-facing the wildlings makes me sad. you can kinda tell he's going to do something.

Edited by A Bear covered in Fluff

I know the show is different from the books, but is anyone else a bit shocked at how drastically they have changed things in the show?

I'm in the middle of ACOK right now and haven't watched season 2 in awhile, but I do remember some major deviations from season 2 while reading the book; i.e. Dany's storyline is almost completely different in the books and it makes more sense tbh. All in all, I do think some deviations on the show are interesting or I do enjoy the show for exploring some characters that are barely in the books (i.e. Yoren definitely got a badass upgrade, I loved all his scenes in the show).

I am somewhat disappointed with some things though (the Hound on the show for instance; an almost completely different complex character in the book).

Edited by RedChick

Damn! The expectation, raised by the last episodes, ruined this one.

After bathtub-confessions, slaver-massacres and chair moving none of the scenes of this episodes really stood out that much.

Except for the torture. The actor of "boy" is just perfect as sadist.

I don t get why some people dislike his scenes, claiming they go nowhere. Haven t they been paying attention? If it was not obvious enough before. The boy practically spelled it out this episode. He let Theon run in a cycle to find out, what he could not find out with torture and continues to "screw" with him, because torture amuses him. (and considering there haven t been mentioned that many houses of the north until now, it should at last be obvious for everyone who he is)

One missed opportunity annoys me in this episode very much: Why the hell didn't they add Margaery to the crossbow scene?

Edited by trearu