Ran

Ok enough of this Theon's torture man. Cant take it any more. I dont know what writers are doing but since the first episode of this season, all we saw of Theon is his torture...please move on already. and those scenes are really irritating. Point made. Move on for gods sake- please. I hope I will see something different on Theon, next week. Rest of the episode very good - little finger is real badass.

Damn! The expectation, raised by the last episodes, ruined this one.

After bathtub-confessions, slaver-massacres and chair moving none of the scenes of this episodes really stood out that much.

Except for the torture. The actor of "boy" is just perfect as sadist.

I don t get why some people dislike his scenes, claiming they go nowhere. Haven t they been paying attention? If it was not obvious enough before. The boy practically spelled it out this episode. He let Theon run in a cycle to find out, what he could not find out with torture and continues to "screw" with him, because torture amuses him. (and considering there haven t been mentioned that many houses of the north until now, it should at last be obvious for everyone who he is)

One missed opportunity annoys me in this episode very much: Why the hell didn't they add Margaery to the crossbow scene?

To be fair - a lot of us have the benefit of having read the books and know where everything is basically heading. We see the things in the background of scenes, hear the references and know what to look for... but if you're a casual viewer - aren't the type to watch and re-watch previous episodes/seasons... and, perhaps, happen to miss the 'previous scenes' part of the show... those 'spell-it-out' bits of dialogue are (though sometimes funny... remember Selmy's re-introduciton?) a big help to viewers.

Edited by Typhaon

Ok enough of this Theon's torture man. Cant take it any more. I dont know what writers are doing but since the first episode of this season, all we saw of Theon is his torture...please move on already. and those scenes are really irritating. Point made. Move on for gods sake- please. I hope I will see something different on Theon, next week. Rest of the episode very good - little finger is real badass.

I agree completely - watching something so disturbing without knowing WTH is going on, or why it's happening, is really hard. I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized the guy torturing Theon is connected to Roose Bolton - duh - so I gave in to my curiosity this morning, and read about the Bolton clan on Wiki, and some chapter synopses, so I could find out what happens to Theon. My gut feeling about his future was correct. I also researched a few other things, just because I couldn't wait to find out. I fed myself a great big spoiler, but it's such a relief that so many things make so much more sense now. We TV-only and part TV/part book people have been floundering around a bit, trying to make a lot of fairly obscure things line up correctly.

I'm still reading the books and will continue, because there will be much more detail, and because I really like GRRM's writing.

Edited by Arrow

I agree completely - watching something so disturbing without knowing WTH is going on, or why it's happening, is really hard. I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized the guy torturing Theon is connected to Roose Bolton - duh - so I gave in to my curiosity this morning, and read about the Bolton clan on Wiki, and some chapter synopses, so I could find out what happens to Theon. My gut feeling about his future was correct. I also researched a few other things, just because I couldn't wait to find out. I fed myself a great big spoiler, but it's such a relief that so many things make so much more sense now. We TV-only and part TV/part book people have been floundering around a bit, trying to make a lot of fairly obscure things line up correctly.

I'm still reading the books and will continue, because there will be much more detail, and because I really like GRRM's writing.

The writers will be driving more and more people to do this (looking up the info). Sorry you had to spoil arcs for yourself.. I read all the books and know what's coming yet I am sick and tired of the Theon scenes. Skip over them or give him something to do already. They're gross, no one wants to watch episode after episode of close up shots of nails entering feet and fingers being sliced off. And the whole "mystery" aspect has lost its appeal. It's irritating to the point where no one cares where he's at and who boy is. It's six episodes into the season and they're still trying to play that hand? Give me a break.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"- Bastard of the Dreadfort

Edited by Lyanna Stark-Baratheon

I'm a bit confused about theons part because he doesn't seem to have a POV in asos. Im about 400 pages in and know nothing about this story line in the show

I read about Lord Bolton, which led me to information about the one they're calling "Boy" in the show, then to Theon and his future. If I read the character descriptions and chapter summaries correctly, I think Theon disappeared for a couple of books and then reappeared in a later volume, very much changed.

This topic is No Spoilers and yet you are revealing some information, I advice non-book readers to stay away from the last few comments.

Like revealing that Boy is connected to Bolton, pretty sure that's not reavealed in the show yet and the Bastard of the dreadfort comment.

Edited by Darkstar For King

Hi there, I just joined and can't wait to sink my teeth into a couple of threads in this forum.

Concerning this episode, I wrote a short analysis of Petyr's closing monologue earlier and was just wondering if you could check it out.

It deals with Chaos Theory and how it relates to the characters; society and how it's changed and plenty more.

http://thedailyshift.com/2013/05/08/the-climb-an-interpretation/

Hi there, I just joined and can't wait to sink my teeth into a couple of threads in this forum.

Concerning this episode, I wrote a short analysis of Petyr's closing monologue earlier and was just wondering if you could check it out.

It deals with Chaos Theory and how it relates to the characters; society and how it's changed and plenty more.

http://thedailyshift.com/2013/05/08/the-climb-an-interpretation/

Hey Scruff. I like to support young bloggers and give a try at their suggested articles, but I had a hard time with this one - the thematic is quite appealing, but you'll want to watch that punctuation. It's amazing how a good idea can be undermined by the lack of some basic rules. Best of luck, and keep on writing!

This ep was not so great like the last two, but we need this. We always want more and more and with the eps like this they are reminding us to follow the pace.

So over all Littlefinger has punched beck, very nicely.

I like Olenna she is very brave, telling him about what people say about Cerasi and Jamie. For that takes guts. But still it was written all over her face that she now hates and fears Tywin. Tywin is a badass for real.

I adored Jon and Ygritte. They are really falling in love, the kiss is so romantic, beautiful. :love:

Cant stand the torture of Theon anymore. Pointless for me. Kill him already.

Jamie still annoys me much.

Loved how (dont remember his name right now) he is teaching Arya to shoot. Loved every thing involving her and interaction wit Mel. But couldnt quite get the meaning of all. I thing Arya will go after him, something tells me.

So waiting for the next, think it is going to be good one.

Cheeres

Spoiler-free discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode without any reference to the books whatsoever or other spoiler material

And what if there are spoilers in this thread? I very much doubt that I've read a thread on this forum that did NOT contain spoilers.

This topic is No Spoilers and yet you are revealing some information, I advice non-book readers to stay away from the last few comments.

Like revealing that Boy is connected to Bolton, pretty sure that's not reavealed in the show yet and the Bastard of the dreadfort comment.

Yes, this happens in every fucking thread, this is the absolute worst forum for spoilers.

I'm a bit confused about theons part because he doesn't seem to have a POV in asos. Im about 400 pages in and know nothing about this story line in the show

his character doesn't appear in ASOS, all you see is the aftermath of his torture a few books later. sorry if that's considered a spoiler.

Yes, this happens in every fucking thread, this is the absolute worst forum for spoilers.

There seems to be a lot of confusion - someone says "This is supposed to be a no spoilers thread" and then puts a spoiler in their comment. :shocked:

Very puzzling... :dunno:

Edited by Arrow

This ep was not so great like the last two, but we need this. We always want more and more and with the eps like this they are reminding us to follow the pace.

So over all Littlefinger has punched beck, very nicely.

I like Olenna she is very brave, telling him about what people say about Cerasi and Jamie. For that takes guts. But still it was written all over her face that she now hates and fears Tywin. Tywin is a badass for real.

I adored Jon and Ygritte. They are really falling in love, the kiss is so romantic, beautiful. :love:

Cant stand the torture of Theon anymore. Pointless for me. Kill him already.

Jamie still annoys me much.

Loved how (dont remember his name right now) he is teaching Arya to shoot. Loved every thing involving her and interaction wit Mel. But couldnt quite get the meaning of all. I thing Arya will go after him, something tells me.

So waiting for the next, think it is going to be good one.

Cheeres

Interaction with Mel - Arya shows she is not afraid of Mel - and Mel is psychic, she sees a darkness in Arya, and many eyes staring at her out of that darkness, eyes that Arya will shut forever. I think that means Arya is going to become an assassin like Jaqen Hagar, the man who killed for her at Harrenhall, whose face changed. Arya said when they parted that she wanted to learn to do what he did.

I think Mel sees that desire in Arya and is saying it will happen. She says they will meet again, but I don't know what that means, maybe Arya will try to rescue Gendry and will fight with Mel? Except I don't think Arya is strong enough yet to do that so maybe she will try to take revenge on Mel in the future. Just guessing.

im sorry if my question about theon is considered a spoiler (i dont consider it one). I wasnt sure where else to pose the question..Ive visited the still reading: asos forum a few times and had HUGE spoilers just by seeing the title of threads. and i mean huge.