How would you rate episode 306?

Ran

How would you rate episode 306?  

762 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

:lol:

alright, we are definitely agreeing to disagree on this one... I got the chills and the goosebumps :wub: and it was glorious!

Well, that makes me happy actually -- the more people who are loving what they're doing, the better! I really, really, *really* want this show to stick around for many more years :-)

He doesn't have to show her anything. Why does he have to whip something out? The scene was an example of the writing being a bit weak, since we don't need to have him remind us hey by the way I got this seemingly useless dagger. I like how the show doesn't always spell everything out and lets you connect the dots. So that scene, among others, was a bit weak for me.

So I guess Sam, who is the Union Steward of the Don Juan/James Bond Professional Women Charmers Association of of Westerosâ„¢ and has all that talking to girls experience and all, should just blow her away with his wit, and charm, am I right?

Just because you read the books and know what's coming, doesn't mean Show Sam took a piece of dragonglass. We didn't know that until this episode. We also didn't know how easily accessible it is, and that part is important, otherwise everyone would be whining about Where The Hell did he pull that from??? When did he get that??? WTF??? WAAAAAAAH x ∞ when we get The Slayer.

The final scene of the show romanticised the Wall; the corresponding scene in the books reaffirmed why the Wall was so problematic and also strengthened Ygritte as a character. The show scene is very bland in comparison.

As for the Osha/Meera fighting... They had no problems whatsoever during their time together in ACoK. Instead, they both worked together to help keep themselves and the rest of the group alive. It was a far more interesting dynamic than the rivalry they have in the show.

I saw the Osha/Meera thing as alpha-female positioning... feeling each other out... nothing as dramatic as a cat-fight. LOL. I enjoyed that scene actually.

It wasn't a cat fight, it was a cultural fight. Osha doesn't trust them because for her they are "southerners" who have held up a knife to her throat the first time they met ...and Bran reminds her that she did the same to him. Meera doesn't trust Osha, because she's a holier-than-thou wildling :D I thought this was brilliantly done.

I gave it a 9; less visually "wow" but a lot more thought-provoking than Eps 1-5.

A lot of set-ups...not just for upcoming episodes, but for upcoming seasons! The Arya/Mel conversation may not make sense for a couple of years. Osha and Meera did not travel together in the books, so the tension between the two could be creative license, or it could be a lead-in to the group splitting up.

Arya the Archer I hear some people say? Well, it's one thing to write about a pre-pubescent girl who becomes a sword-weilding prodigy...but another thing to train a teenage girl to give realistic sword fighting scenes later on. It's just my opinion, but having her use a bow gives the same result in the end.

One thing's for sure; next week is going to be a cracker!

I saw the Osha/Meera thing as alpha-female positioning... feeling each other out... nothing as dramatic as a cat-fight. LOL. I enjoyed that scene actually.

I thought the Olenna and Tywin scene was similar due to both characters feeling each other out like that. But you dont see any complaining about how sexist that is, do you? lol

Im starting to think that to some people, there are no "right" ways to portray women. :/

I didn't like it much... They claimed that Loras was the heir to Highgarden... no mention of Garlan or Willas. I'm starting to hate the QOT arrogance. IMO she didn't feature that much in the book (only as much as oberyn IMO) and her role is being over exaggerated a little. I didn't mind the whole Gendry thing, I thought it was a smart idea in replacement for Edric Storm (another character to confuse the viewers), however again Arya is starting to annoy me a bit with her antics... someone gag her already. Mel talking to Arya about the 'darkness within her' was good as well in replacement of the old lady on the hill. I'm Still perplexed as to how they are going to solve the whole Tormund going over the wall. He is one of my favorite characters and his portrayal has been great in the TV show. Also only 4 managed to get over the wall (from what we saw) so unless they make more come over later than i am wondering how the battle of castle black will happen. So many changes in this episode IMO and flaws in story's so i didn't like it much

I understand that they have to set the stage for all of the action that's to follow, but last night's episode was just clunky and stilted in so many places. The Ramsay/Theon scenes were overwrought, overlong, and about thirty seconds into it, I was over it.

Loras goes from being a proud, skilled warrior to prattling about brooches and wedding gowns. I was so,so disgusted by that. As if his character hasn't been twisted enough as it is. I scarcely recognize him.

Having said all that, it's still my favorite TV night of the week. :)

I thought the Olenna and Tywin scene was similar due to both characters feeling each other out like that. But you dont see any complaining about how sexist that is, do you? lol

Im starting to think that to some people, there are no "right" ways to portray women. :/

omg, so much snark in that scene! Also Highgarden pretty much just became the San Francisco of Westeros (QoT: buggery? no problem!) loll

(btw. love your homage to E-ro, and the Sad Stannis avatar :( )

Hated it. Hated hated hated.

Once again they weaken Cersei (who is a true bada** in the book) by giving credit to idiot Joffrey for trying to kill Tyrion. And it is clear Mel is going to fry poor Gendry, who is in the running as one of the dragon riders in my book. Hope he is now, so the series writers will have to pull a Bobby on Dallas. And talk talk talk talk talk... ick.

Did I mention I hated it?

Hated it. Hated hated hated.

Once again they weaken Cersei (who is a true bada** in the book) by giving credit to idiot Joffrey for trying to kill Tyrion. And it is clear Mel is going to fry poor Gendry, who is in the running as one of the dragon riders in my book. Hope he is now, so the series writers will have to pull a Bobby on Dallas. And talk talk talk talk talk... ick.

Did I mention I hated it?

Cersei... badass?

Edited by Element_Engine

I actually agree with this -- I don't think I came off as genderist -- but if I did, it was unintentional. I really saw what would be a normal/expected (and minor) clash under the circumstances.

<snip>

Loras goes from being a proud, skilled warrior to prattling about brooches and wedding gowns. I was so,so disgusted by that. As if his character hasn't been twisted enough as it is. I scarcely recognize him.

Having said all that, it's still my favorite TV night of the week. :)

Amen! :thumbsup: