Best lines [book spoilers]

Logodnica

OK, this is not a best line, but did I hear Loras right when he was describing the wedding dress to Sansa? Did he actually say "French sleeves"?

Frilled, I think.

Also, probably Littlefinger's monologue.

"The Lysa Arryn of chairs"

"You think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"

"Do I look like a fucking Umber to you?"

I liked the chaos monologue. Oh, and the shot of dead Ros was very Goodfellas-esque. Looks like Baelish would rather have bad investments whacked.

Tywin: Perhaps Highgarden has a high tolerance for unnatural behaviour.

QoT: I wouldn't say that. True, we don't tie ourselves in knots over a discreet bit of buggery...

That had me in stitches. As did Loras' shite attempts to seem interested in Sansa (although I think they've butchered his character a little in the TV show).

And, of course, "The Lysa Arryn of chairs"

Roose: "I should send you back to King Robb"

Jaime: "You should! But instead you are sitting here, watching me fail at dinner."

lolol

"I don't like that woman"

"..that's cuz you are a girl"

It's not a line, but when Brienne stabs Jaime's food so he can cut it. Not a word about it from anyone at the table. It gave me a chuckle.

"The Lysa Arryn of chairs" was a genius line.

Fucking Amen I cracked up at that.

For me personally it was "You're paying for my sins Uncle, its not fair or right".

Good to see Robb show a bit of humility. Edmure is being shortchanged on the show I think.

I just hope they do him justice during his small arc in AFFC

"Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies: a story we agree to tell each other over and over until we forget that it's a lie." - LF

I have a lot to say about that line, as well as the whole ladder speech:

So far I've kind of admired Varys in a sense for his "it's for the realm" attitude, even if I don't agree with all his plans and means, but I have to say Littlefinger (or more likely Aidan Gillen playing him) won me over with that scene, I think this and the line "He'd burn the whole realm if he could be the king of the ashes" reveals a lot about his intentions, even for us book readers.

Other than that, this was an episode that set up so much stuff, even though so little happened. Even so it was awesome to watch, there were funny, great and witty lines to be found everywhere.

Archived