Best lines [book spoilers]

Logodnica

He said "Frilled" not "French"

Wasn't it "fringed sleeves"?

Loras's convo with Sansa was the most hilariously entertaining part of the episode. Especially the way he tries to pretend he's interested in her.

Lines that had me laughing:

"Old." "Sword-swallower" and "No" (the first two said in the frankest way possible, and the last said in lieu of an angry eye-twitch)

"That's cause you're a girl"

"You looking at my arse, Jon Snow" (I love the way Ygritte says "Jon Snow")

Best line was Roose Bolton's "I'd have hoped you'd learned your lesson", especially the way Jaime looks so lost after it.

I know. Hence my remarks about the writers not being incompetent enough to mention France.

Anyone who thinks he said French sleeve which isn't even a real thing is not using their head.

The fact that it isn't a real thing doesn't mean much. What with the stereotypes about gay men, they probably just assumed that he knew more about fashion than they do.

So many good lines in this episode! I loved "sword swallower" and LF's monologue. I just can't pass up a good montage.

Also, Tyrion telling Cersei that he didn't know who was getting the worst deal--him, Cersei, Sansa, or Loras--and that Loras would soon learn a "singular and deep misery" due to being married to Cersei was marvelous.

The fact that it isn't a real thing doesn't mean much. What with the stereotypes about gay men, they probably just assumed that he knew more about fashion than they do.

Fine. But to think they said French sleeves even if that was a real thing is pretty ludicrous. Give them a bit more credit than that lol.

So does anyone think that this exchange was a hint?

Olenna: Your daughter is -

Tywin: – Is rich, the most beautiful woman in all seven kingdoms, and the mother of the king.

Olenna: Old.

Tywin: Old?

Olenna: Old. I’m something of an expert on the subject.

I mean I know she was probably just finishing her sentence, but is it possible that she was referring to the king? As in Joffrey is the old king? Could they have already planned to have him killed even before the Ros thing? It would be an interesting parallel to how Tywin thinks the war is already won. Similar kind of concept; Joffrey is already the old king? I may be reading too much into it...

ASOIAF in a nutshell.

I agree that it is, but sorry in my not so humble opinion not the best one

Fine. But to think they said French sleeves even if that was a real thing is pretty ludicrous. Give them a bit more credit than that lol.

saw this because i really thought he said french y'all...

It's not a line, but when Brienne stabs Jaime's food so he can cut it. Not a word about it from anyone at the table. It gave me a chuckle.

yes this was the best non-line moment!

...finally some good little finger dialog as well! chaos is a ladder describes his M.O quite well

'Only the ladder is real'

these words identify the best line for sure, "Chaos is not a pit, it is a ladder..." these words and the look on his face...priceless

...though sword swallower goes a long way... :smoking:

Most of what Ramsay said was hilarious imo, especially combined with his facial expressions. "Do i look like a fucking Umber" - fantastic

Also Tyrion commenting that Loras would "certainly learn a deep & singular misery" was awesome, in large part because he's saying it to the person who will be inflicting said misery.

Lot's of funny lines this episode.

Archived