[SPOILERS] So about Ros...

Capt. Zemblanity

This was a sweet reminder to viewers that no one is safe in Westeros... They needed the death quota up more than they needed the 'nudity quota'

Dexter Season 7, which I finally got around to seeing had a high nudity quota with all those Russian strip club scenes, it is obvious the pay networks show nudity to draw in those with simple minds.

This was a bad decision. This season Ros really started to look like she could be useful to the show.... her replacing Dontos was perfect!! I actually think that D&D never thought about it, and that's why they didn't use it. What was the point of this death?? to show us that Joff is a sadist?? who didn't know that already??? Does LF look smart by sacrificing her?? No he doesn't .... the LF in the book most likely would have fed her false info if he knew it was going to Varys. She was useful to him. They could have killed her in season 4, without letting us know until then that LF knew about her. That would have helped LF's character... in the show he is punked by everyone: Tyrion, Varys, Cersei..... I am disappointed.

Or unless you realize that lots of character was pulled from different Mafia figures in the TriState area. Vinny Ocean was the Boss of the DeCalvacante family that the Soprano family is based off of.

Did he use a strip club as a front, or did he just use it as income or a money laundering opportunity?

Because if he used it as a front, that might be why you know what his name is and what his business was.

Better to make books behind the kitchens of a low volume burger joint. Unless you are meeting a nudity quota.

I have to scratch my head at all the people who are outraged that they didn't get to see an extended scene of Joffrey torturing and murdering Ros, just because they hate her so much they would have enjoyed watching her tortured and murdered.

You could say they might even get some kind of perverse pleasure out of that. Like, I don't know, freakin' Joffrey.

lulz, I used to work for said low-volume burger joint, and the owner actually got mad when me and my buddy started making bomb-ass food and attracting more business. We suggested repairing the broken big screen TV, and they were like "hellnah" and without explicitly saying it that was when we realized they didn't want any more business.

You don't use a business with "heat" as a front, and pay TV networks very much have a nudity quota.

All misogynism aside, I hope the death of Ros represents that the series is now "above the nudity quota".

I have to scratch my head at all the people who are outraged that they didn't get to see an extended scene of Joffrey torturing and murdering Ros, just because they hate her so much they would have enjoyed watching her tortured and murdered.

You could say they might even get some kind of perverse pleasure out of that. Like, I don't know, freakin' Joffrey.

Down in The Reach we don't care if one person dicreetly tortures another person under the covers.

Is that how she said it?

Edit: I'd argue the people wanting Arya and Gendry to fuck are far worse.

Down in The Reach we don't care if one person dicreetly tortures another person under the covers.

Is that how she said it?

Or on top of the covers, as the case may be. It's warm down in the Reach, remember? Sam told me that.

Remember that in the show everyone thought that Ros was Tyrion's lover, not Shae. So there is now the motivation and implication that Joffrey killed Tyrion's lover. I wonder if this will be mentioned in the next episode. This death will surely bring about the scene where Tywin lays the smackdown on Joffrey. I've been waiting patiently for this scene for YEARS. It's one of my favorites in the books and will surely be one of my favorites on the show. Tywin vs. Joffrey...yessss!!!

Tony Soprano operating out of "Bada Bing" was based on the real life Mafioso Vincent "Vinny Ocean" Palermo, who owned "Wiggles" in Queens.

Owned, but didn't actually operate out of, I'd surmise. Unless that's why you know his name.

Nudity quota.

I know its been mentioned but its too funny that purists are mad about her dying in a way that they themselves wished on her and are now mad at D&D for doing it as a way to get back at purists.

:agree: Perfect summary.

All I know is Ros was bad, sexy, and a fucking turn on, and now she's dead.

To some people, that makes her even hotter.

:drunk: Too bad they omitted Reek from the show.

I didn't mind Ros, most of her scenes were rather important character moments for other people.

Rather sad she died in that way, though I do wonder what's happening now. I assumed she would lead Sansa from the PW and go overboard like Dontos or go to the Eyrie with Sansa.

Also, has Joffrey ever out and out murdered someone himself yet? This was an important "Crossing of the Rubicon" moment for this character. He has turned from a sadist to a murderer. His level of villainy just upped three fold.

Yeah he shot like a dozen peasants who went to the castle to ask for food in the books.

Well, some are already calling her death "misogynistic"...

Her death was basically used as a device to further Littlefingers plot, and the manner in which she was killed was disgustingly misogynistic

“goodbye Ros, you didn’t deserve that horribly misogynistic death, THANKS A LOT D&D”

Archived