[SPOILERS] So about Ros...

Capt. Zemblanity

I'm just a bit disappointed...what was the point of even inventing Ros if they were just going to build her up for some mystery job and then kill her?

I actually think they wrote themselves into a corner with Ros. She's not canon and kinda getting in the way of canon characters/events. So i think they were trying to find a way to make her work for later episodes and just couldnt come up with anything that wasnt stupid or horribly contrived so they killed her off to demonstrate a master stroke by Littlefinger in Varys' general direction.

People are complaining how anti-sexworker and mysoginistic her death was...

And I find it funny because previously nobody cared about Ros, and suddenly they're all "BAH THIS SHOW IS HORRIBLE BLAH BLAH BLAH"

These people only care because a woman suffered, not because of her actual character; if it was a man they would care less. These fans are all of the belief that every single female character in this show is good and all the males are bad. Just ugh.

And I wonder how will they react once the canon!women start dying? Cat, Lysa, Shae....Would they also acuse the show/book of being mysoginistic?

Well, some are already calling her death "misogynistic"...

It's so laughable when people start screaming misoginy every time something bad happens to a female character, while blithely ignoring all the terrible things which happen to the male characters. I guess they missed Theon being threatened with rape a few episodes back and the horrible torture he endured this episode?

A funny example of this, though, was when I was watching a review of the pilot for Stargate SG-1. A commenter complained that Carter's depiction was misogynistic because she was green. Err... she was green because she was doing things and experiencing things she'd never done or experienced before. But nope, according to this commenter, the showrunners should've had a male character who was likewise equally green. According to her, they should've wasted valuable screentime on a throwaway male character acting exactly the same like Carter just so Carter's depiction wouldn't be misogynistic. Honestly, some people just can't be taken seriously...

eh Joffrey would have no problem with coming up with that himself. he probably saw Ros and thought"how do i want to kill you, hey look a crossbow"

Yeah, but it's a very specific scenario that he obviously wanted to see played out, and it was an idea which he clearly got from Margaery. I very much doubt that his choice of murder weapon was totally random.

I could imagine Joffrey inviting marge up to his room and going "hey i made you a present"thinking she'll enjoy it just as much.

I'm actually thinking the same thing. That he'll call her up and say "Hey, remember that thing we were talking about the other day? Well come check out what I just did..."

I liked it. It was brutal without being gratuitously horrifying or gory. It called back to both Joff's scene with crossbow earlier this season, and Joff's scene with the 2 whores from last season.

It made me, finally, feel sorry for Ros - and by extention, all the small folk who may have to live under Joff's rule - and fear for Marg if she married him. It will certainly justify the Tyrells murdering him at PW.

Worst thing about the scene was LF's the climb speech playing over it. The speech was facile and limp, a college student's attempt at the philosophy of power.

ETA:

It also had LF fulfill his threat to Ros in S2.

I didn't particularly care for her either way but her death hit me. Not a lot, more like a shock—it was well done I thought, especially since it looked at one point like D&D were going to drag her storyline through each new season.

I actually think they wrote themselves into a corner with Ros. She's not canon and kinda getting in the way of canon characters/events. So i think they were trying to find a way to make her work for later episodes and just couldnt come up with anything that wasnt stupid or horribly contrived so they killed her off to demonstrate a master stroke by Littlefinger in Varys' general direction.

You're probably right. Although I can't help but feel like they meant to use her for something else, then they visited this site and realized no one really likes her and decided to kill her off instead. Good job guys! Seriously, no sarcasm intended! :D

Poor Ros. I have little to no respect for anyone who actively cheered when they saw that.

I didnt cheer cuz that was a terrible way to go. In fact, i found it chilling due to how the bolts were placed. They were placed in the same places as Arya's arrows in the straw man.

Yeah, im glad Ros isnt in the show anymore, but her death was pretty brutal and chilling which i felt added to the whole "Shit is getting real" vibe going on.

Not liking the character isn't the same as hating her or asking her to have a terrible end, which was what happened to her. Her death was rather cruel, who knows what else Joffrey did to her before he shoot her, anyway?

The hairnet could be given to her by the QoT herself, or Maergery, making her participation more ambiguous already.

About Joffrey's killings:

- The kitten - not in the show, but worth mention it.

- Sending the murderer to kill Bran

- Ordering to kill the bastards.

Only the murder attempt of Bran would be something I consider it as if he had done it himself, as he had done if he could.

I'm just a bit disappointed...what was the point of even inventing Ros if they were just going to build her up for some mystery job and then kill her?

That's the point, there was no point. D & D have said in interviews they just happened to really like the girl who played Ros, so they decided to write more scenes for her. There was absolutely no point for her to have so much screen time, except that D & D liked her. It was high time to get rid of her. She took to much time away from IMPORTANT characters.

Archived