[SPOILERS] So about Ros...

Capt. Zemblanity

I thought Ros developed into a decent character.

Her death brings back into focus how dangerous and unforgiving the Game of Thrones can be... she was doing OK, then she over-played her hand.

It's also not a bad way to push the hate meter back to 10 for Joffrey... it might've slipped to a 9 in recent days. I think Ros was a well-liked character.

:lmao:

Of course she isn't liked on here. The reaction to even the slightest of changes on here ranges from mere dislike to hatred to (ridiculous) accusations of homophobia and misogyny.

It wouldn't surprise if she had been less hated among unsullied.

Of course she isn't liked on here. The reaction to even the slightest of changes on here ranges from mere dislike to hatred to (ridiculous) accusations of homophobia and misogyny.

It wouldn't surprise if she had been less hated among unsullied.

I am a hardcore book fan and I actually like some changes they have made, as long as they are entertaining or have a point. Ros was neither.

I really thought she would have filled in for Dontos, which I think would have worked very well. Instead of giving her to Jofferey LF could have just been all like "Thank you for bringing Sansa to me, your services have been most valuable, however I know you've been working for Vary's so... (Shoots her and throws her off the boat)" I really think that would have worked well since the non-book reading audience knew Ros. Now I feel like we're going to be hectically introduced again to Dontos Hollard but the non-book readers won't really have any clue who he is. If they planned on using him instead of Ros then they should have been having him in more scenes than just theone scene in the first episode of season 2. NO ONE will remember him. I don't think the show played their cards right on this, this is one instance where they really should have taken some liberties. Oh well.

I really thought she would have filled in for Dontos, which I think would have worked very well. Instead of giving her to Jofferey LF could have just been all like "Thank you for bringing Sansa to me, your services have been most valuable, however I know you've been working for Vary's so... (Shoots her and throws her off the boat)" I really think that would have worked well since the non-book reading audience knew Ros. Now I feel like we're going to be hectically introduced again to Dontos Hollard but the non-book readers won't really have any clue who he is. If they planned on using him instead of Ros then they should have been having him in more scenes than just theone scene in the first episode of season 2. NO ONE will remember him. I don't think the show played their cards right on this, this is one instance where they really should have taken some liberties. Oh well.

I thought the same thing too, but i think they showed both how fucked up Joffrey is and that LF will do anything on his climb to power in one stroke.

I thought the same thing too, but i think they showed both how fucked up Joffrey is and that LF will do anything on his climb to power in one stroke.

Good point... lest anyone has forgotten some of his previous actions.

Looks like yet again, just like people did last week with Selyse, people hilariously overreacted. There was no objectification of women, there was no glorifying of violence, it wasn't character assassination. Just like last week, it was just a brief shot of something which caused a total shitstorm, but was ultimately ineffectual.

I'm glad we didn't have a long, drawn-out scene where Joffrey kills her. In fact, I really liked that we got her death presented to us in a very matter-of-fact montage. It fuels the tragedy of Ros. She was just another cog, just another pawn, just another disposable asset, and her death will sadly won't be dwelt upon by the players of the game. Despite her brutal death, she will be glossed over, and forgotten, like many of the smallfolk that suffer in the game of thrones. It's all about the subtext, people.

I just read this comment over at WiC, it pointed out something I had missed. I'll just quote it:

Joffrey took way more arrows to hit his target than Arya would have because he’s so incompetent

It's a nice contrast between Arya's and Joff's scenes.

Looks like yet again, just like people did last week with Selyse, people hilariously overreacted. There was no objectification of women, there was no glorifying of violence, it wasn't character assassination. Just like last week, it was just a brief shot of something which caused a total shitstorm, but was ultimately ineffectual.

I'm glad we didn't have a long, drawn-out scene where Joffrey kills her. In fact, I really liked that we got her death presented to us in a very matter-of-fact montage. It fuels the tragedy of Ros. She was just another cog, just another pawn, just another disposable asset, and her death will sadly won't be dwelt upon by the players of the game. Despite her brutal death, she will be glossed over, and forgotten, like many of the smallfolk that suffer in the game of thrones. It's all about the subtext, people.

:agree:

That's why I liked Ros. She was a good example of how the people get totally fucked by the "highborn". The only other non-highborn characters within the Seven Kingdoms are Shae and Bronn (I think?), and neither of them undergo what Ros did.

:agree:

That's why I liked Ros. She was a good example of how the people get totally fucked by the "highborn". The only other non-highborn characters within the Seven Kingdoms are Shae and Bronn (I think?), and neither of them undergo what Ros did.

Davos is the best low born character.

I just read this comment over at WiC, it pointed out something I had missed. I'll just quote it:

---

Joffrey took way more arrows to hit his target than Arya would have because he’s so incompetent

---

It's a nice contrast between Arya's and Joff's scenes.

More likely he was torturing her and hit exactly where he wanted to hit... (he did bullseye on that boar's eye just a few episodes ago...)

Even the couple bolts that hit the bed in the background are just part of the torture, watching her scream in terror multiple times when he fires before actually hitting her.

More likely he was torturing her and hit exactly where he wanted to hit... (he did bullseye on that boar's eye just a few episodes ago...)

Even the couple bolts that hit the bed in the background are just part of the torture, watching her scream in terror multiple times when he fires before actually hitting her.

I agree. Why would Joffrey kill her quickly? He is a sadist after all .

The boar's head was not a living human being. In the show, Joff had never attempted to kill a living thing before, nerves and excitement are likely to throw off one's aim.

The scene can be read both ways. It can be read to correlate with Ramsay's torturing Theon just because he likes it, and it can be read to show Joff's incompetence. It's also worth noting that the two reading are not mutually exclusive, they can both be right. Not only is he a sick bastard, he's an incompetent sick bastard.

Archived