[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

This is supposed to be a place to nitpick anything you want from the episode, no matter how big or small. If you really hate it when people complain about book deviations, this isn't the thread for you :)

-scenes with ygritte and jon snow are getting a little too cheesy for me.

Can we even nitpick anymore? It would be easier to list the things that were in the books rather than the things that were changed.

Here's what was from ASOS in this latest episode:

1) Jon Snow climbed the wall

2) Jaime and Brienne ate with Roose Bolton

That's it. Even these two events were very different in the books. I cannot think of anything else. Even Sansa being told to marry Tyrion occurred on the day of her wedding; not beforehand with a mouthy servant (Shae) who had the insolence to argue with him.

I didn't really like this episode at all!

The Theon scenes seem true to the off-screen events that happened to him in the books, but I find them to be completely unwatchable and I have to hit the mute button.

Jon/Ygritte - a little much. If she knows he's still a Crow, then she knows that he can't stay with her.

Robb - I thought that was ok. He pretty much deserves what's coming - he brought this on himself with Talisa, so it's a little much for him to be sanctimonious to Edmure about it. But true-ish to the book.

Kind of hate the Meera/Osha fight club. What's the point? To get Osha to leave with Rickon? Like Bran would be ok with that happening as a result of a fight? Not.

Sam and Gilly's excellent camping trip? Enough said.

Really, I didn't like this very much at all.

Can we even nitpick anymore? It would be easier to list the things that were in the books rather than the things that were changed.

Here's what was from ASOS in this latest episode:

1) Jon Snow climbed the wall

2) Jaime and Brienne ate with Roose Bolton

That's it. Even these two events were very different in the books. I cannot think of anything else. Even Sansa being told to marry Tyrion occurred on the day of her wedding; not beforehand with a mouthy servant (Shae) who had the insolence to argue with him.

Pretty sure Sam sings to Gilly in the book. Edmure being told to marry is shown/implied too isn't it? (not read em in a while).

Think you're exaggerating a bit.

Pretty sure Sam sings to Gilly in the book. Edmure being told to marry is shown/implied too isn't it? (not read em in a while).

Think you're exaggerating a bit.

They are, I'm pretty damn sure that Edmure's engagement was in the book, and Sam singing definitely was.

Now the only part I didn't like was Tyrion telling Sansa. Her surprise wedding was done perfectly in the book but I guess the show runners have to be cool and different.

Liked the episode, think most of you guys are overreacting but...where was "Give Robb Stark my regards"? That sets up possibly the greatest line in the whole series at the RW!

Unless they have an exchange next episode before Jaime sets off to KL...I'll be angry if they leave it out.

So a nitpick :)

Thoros: "I drank too much rum" There is no such thing in the books, and there wasn't in Europe in the Middle Ages.

Not true, in DwD the sailors are drinking rum on the ship Tyrion is on

Liked the episode, think most of you guys are overreacting but...where was "Give Robb Stark my regards"? That sets up possibly the greatest line in the whole series at the RW!

Unless they have an exchange next episode before Jaime sets off to KL...I'll be angry if they leave it out.

He will likely say it as he leaves Harrenhall next week.

Not true, in DwD the sailors are drinking rum on the ship Tyrion is on

I remember they were drinking rum on Quentin's chapter... but that's in Essos, and not on the Narrow Sea, but east of Volantis. That mirrors the real history, with rum probably being first produced in Southern Asia: India, Indochina... the native land of sugarcane. But not in Europe, not so early. If there is a quote with rum being drunk in Westeros, I will stand corrected.

Loras says Sansa should have french sleeves on her wedding dress. Did nobody realize that France isn't on that funky map they put so much effort into. Also i know Sansa is oblivious but between not be suspicious about Loras' excessive interest in fashion and Shae and Tyrion's obvious tension, she just looks like an idiot. and shes supposed to be wisening up by now!

Loras says Sansa should have french sleeves on her wedding dress. Did nobody realize that France isn't on that funky map they put so much effort into. Also i know Sansa is oblivious but between not be suspicious about Loras' excessive interest in fashion and Shae and Tyrion's obvious tension, she just looks like an idiot. and shes supposed to be wisening up by now!

I didn't notice the French bit..... Oh Lord....

Fringe sleeves.

Archived