[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

Meh, I didn't mind the changes.

I was really intrigued by Thoros and Melisandre. Is it not the first time we've ever seen two red preists talking to each other? I thought it was awesome.

One nitpick is my continuing dislike for the Blackfish. Yeah, we get it, Edmure's kind of an oaf, no need to act like the most humongous dick to him at every second. Sure, that's his nephew, but he's now also his lord.

Pretty sure Sam sings to Gilly in the book. Edmure being told to marry is shown/implied too isn't it? (not read em in a while).

Think you're exaggerating a bit.

I'm exaggerating a bit, but not much really.

The Edmure stuff is so much more different I just forgot. I don't remember Sam singing for Gilly but I'm sure you're right. BTW, where is Ghost?!

Well...I was going to save my first post ever on this site for something more thoughtful and deep...but screw it.

I literally laughed out loud (for a long time...so long I had to pause it to get myself together) on the first scene when Sam pulls out the dragonglass dagger with the quick "Hey! Look what I found!". Just too funny but only because it was completely annoying. It's like the writers suddenly were like "Oh no! We forgot the obsidian dagger!!" and instead of SHOWING the significance of the dagger, Sam talks about how he found it ages back. That's really what bothers me the most with these changes from the book is really when they try to talk about something instead of show it.

Am I going crazy or did Loras Tyrell really just mention the word "FRENCH" in this episode?

I'm effing done....this whole episode has been pure sh*t from start to finish.

FRINGED.

Oh my... was the episode that bad? I haven't watched it yet, but from what I've read in the forum it was really bad.

Wasn't as good as the last 3 but it was fine.

Am I going crazy or did Loras Tyrell really just mention the word "FRENCH" in this episode?

I'm effing done....this whole episode has been pure sh*t from start to finish.

*Fringed :D

Oh my... was the episode that bad? I haven't watched it yet, but from what I've read in the forum it was really bad.

Don't mind what others (like me :P ) are saying about it, watch it with clean head.

Maybe you'll have original and unheard-of complaints :D

No, really. A lot of people are giving 8/10; 9/10 or even 10/10.

*Fringed :D

Don't mind what others (like me :P ) are saying about it, watch it with clean head.

Maybe you'll have original and unheard-of complaints :D

No, really. A lot of people are giving 8/10; 9/10 or even 10/10.

Haha, I know myself, I'll come out with my own complaints.

About the 10/10 scoring, I don't really trust it. I think some people here give 10s away to easily. They remind me of my dad. Whenever I got a 10 in school, I would tell my dad: "Dad I got a TEN!" and he would say: "You got a ten? Seems like the teachers in your school give tens away like if they where candy". Of course he was joking, but I always thought that he was right to some extend.

This should have been robb n cats season, and now it's too late. We should have had the she bears n more greatjon and all the ppl that loved robb. They look completely alone n issolated n the the only times theyre shown is when robb fucked up n gets critised for it by his own banner men. What will they have robb, cat n edmure walking in alone into the twins just seems really dump. I wanted dacey Lil crush on robb n her mother n better casting for the greatjon n more sceen time especially this season. imagine if they took all those ros, pod, bronn n brothel scenes out n put something that actually has something to do with the story. The show gives better coverage of what's happening in KL, lannisters especially Tyrion. They fucked over Dany in season 2 and now robb n cat.

Yeah, I wish Sansa and Tyrion's wedding had been kept a surprise. That was a real gut punch when it happened and I don't know why they took the surprise out of it. The rest of the changes I can understand, even Jon/Ygritte. TV always means more romance. We saw that already w/ Shae and Tyrion which is going to make it really hard to show Shae as the scheming whore she really was.

Haha, I know myself, I'll come out with my own complaints.

About the 10/10 scoring, I don't really trust it. I think some people here give 10s away to easily. They remind me of my dad. Whenever I got a 10 in school, I would tell my dad: "Dad I got a TEN!" and he would say: "You got a ten? Seems like the teachers in your school give tens away like if they where candy". Of course he was joking, but I always thought that he was right to some extend.

A Lannister parenting style :ninja:

The scene with Roose , Brienna and Jaime was good. As was the Scene with Tyrion and Cersei. Also the Tywinn and Olenna scene. Jon and Ygritte climbed the wall.

This episode was much weaker than the others. But as I pointed out, it did have some good scenes.

I really want to see some more Stannis and Davos though, seriously six episodes and we've only had like 2 or 3 scenes with either of them. (Davos rescued and stabbing attempt, Stannis and his family scene, and then Shireen teaching Davos to read) Am I missing any? Seriously I want some more from the gang on Dragonstone.

This was the episode with the least amount of events that happen in the book, but in the show's defense, they're only halfway. There's not much there for them to adapt for this episode. The next 4 should definitely pick up speed and hopefully be more faithful to the book.

My main gripe was Olenna and Tywin being so open together. And why is Sansa pretty much the only person unaware of Loras' sexuality?

I find it kind of worrying that so far season 3 has been less loyal to the books than season 2, and we all know how that was. We got a total of maybe four scenes vaguely similar to the books? Jon climbing the Wall, Edmure agreeing to the new marriage, Sam singing to Gilly and Jaime talking with Roose.

- Ramsay's voice is really pissing me off. I know he's trying to be mocking and taunting, but I always imagined Ramsay to be more quiet and threatening. I can't take him seriously in the show, and not in a good way.

- Jaime's scene with Roose was faaaar too short. It was the scene I was looking forward to the most from last week's promo, and it went for only a couple of minutes. The actor that's playing Roose is great though. Shame he doesn't have more stuff to work with.

- I hated Bran's scene. What exactly is the point of having Osha and Meera dislike and argue with each other? I liked Meera in the books when she was friendly and supportive.

- Every scene in King's Landing was terrible, mediocre at best. Tyrion has been whitewashed so much he is nothing like his book counterpart, Ros' death was rushed, Tywin and Olenna were far too open with each other, and Sansa already knows about her wedding. It happened perfectly in the book, why not keep it?

- The scene with the Frey's was far, far too short. I'm honestly looking forward to the RW, just to put an end to this trainewreck of a story. It's definitely a problem when Edmure is the most accurately portrayed character in the room. Brynden is an absolute asshole, Catelyn has been far too underused, and Robb... just... so much...

My disliking for this season is only outweighed by my disappointment. It could have been so amazing, but instead the writers are just doing whatever the hell they want. Well, there goes over a quarter of my favorite book adapted.

I'm starting to seriously dislike the Blackfish. He seems like a bully. Yes, we get that Edmure is not the sharpest knife in the box, but there's no need belittle and pick on him all the time. Honestly, the Blackfish is almost worse than Tywin.

This Tyrion/Shae stuff boggles my mind. Their relationship is a lot more healthy in the show, so I'm not sure how well the end result will play out. They should probably make some adjustments wrt Shae's "betrayal", otherwise she's going to come across as too cruel. And I'm wondering if this Tyrion is really going to kill Shae. Perhaps it's Tywin who will kill Shae and then Tyrion will revenge her :worried:

Ros - yes the character was useless, but still I was shocked when she die, not alone because LF outsmart Varys again, why? The eunuch isn't incompetend but the show conveys this idea

LF - it seems show Littlefinger doesn't understand the game at all just sets fire to something and try to profit

Sansa/Tyrion - yes, letting Sansa know of the wedding was a good idea because so we can get her feelings about it in the next episode (because we can't look in her head) but not showing how it happened was a cheap trick I don't like

Loras - he looked like he was discusted by Sansa, come on he should be able to act better...

Cersei, Tyrion - What is wrong, they don't like each other and still they act like they are a functional family?

Tyrion's assassination attempt - Do they want that we believe that Tyrion tries to kill Joffrey at his wedding?

Joffrey - the scene was unnecessary, we now he must die!

They're making too many changes for little to no reason at all, and at first it's not overly bothersome but now I'm starting to get annoyed.

It seems Cersei and Tyrion are being "watered down", Littlefinger is becoming an entirely different LF to the one we know, I feel the writers don't actually understand certain characters (Catelyn, Blackfish, etc) and there's no excuse for the huge lack of the Hound (not specifically this season). Just to name a few.

And I get that sometimes they need to change it up a bit to adapt the series to television, some of those changes were successful. But sometimes it feels like these changes are for little to no reason at all, and rather than serving a greater purpose, they just make the story a bit more cliché.

Archived