[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

I don't like scene between Tywin and Olenna. Tywin IMO acted as little child when he started threaten Tyrells and Olenna should be more subtle and she shouldn't take this crap from Tywin.

How does Theon not realise he is in the Dreadfort and that Ramsay is a Bolton?

Theon grew up with the Starks, he would have known the Bolton sigil was a flayed man, and since we know that Robb and Bran have heard the rumours of the flaying that happens at the Dreadfort, we can presume Theon will have heard them too.

I think it's a bit unrealistic that Theon wouldn't know where he is.

Tywin and Olenna: they both just put all their cards on the table and were far too open with each other.

Robb: I know it happened similarly in the book, but seeing him give Edmure shit over wanting a pretty wife and not doing his duty when he threw it all out the window to marry Talisa?! Come on!

Sansa: finding out beforehand about her marriage. Though I did like the shot of LF sailing away. I'm guessing Dontos will come back into play and it'll be more of a surprise to the Unsullied when it's revealed who he's working for.

The accumulation of little deviations is beginning to bother me and therefore things won't add up. For example, Jon is now left with only 3 wildlings, how the hell are they supposed to attack Castle Black?

This. Unless more suddenly climb over while Jon is going back to Castle Black and we're just expected to accept that explanation. I may be wrong, but isn't there a scene in one of the trailers of multiple wildlings charging? They're running on grass, which would mean they're on the south side of the Wall.

This. Unless more suddenly climb over while Jon is going back to Castle Black and we're just expected to accept that explanation. I may be wrong, but isn't there a scene in one of the trailers of multiple wildlings charging? They're running on grass, which would mean they're on the south side of the Wall.

Mance said to tormund to take 20 men, which presumably doesnt include Orelly, Tormund, Jon and Ygritte. It could theoretically be more than that, if that was meant to be just an approximation. Meaning there should be 24 men overall. There seems to be 4 teams of 4 climbing the Wall, 2 of which were wiped out. Which means that there should be about at least 8 more wildlings at the foot of the Wall who have yet to climb, possibly more. The trailer also makes it look like there is about about 15 men. Which is probably enough to slaughter the unsuspecting Nightwatchmen while they sleep, particularly If Bowen Marsh has taken most of the men to go and fight the weeper, as in the books.

Mance said to tormund to take 20 men, which presumably doesnt include Orelly, Tormund, Jon and Ygritte. It could theoretically be more than that, if that was meant to be just an approximation. Meaning there should be 24 men overall. There seems to be 4 teams of 4 climbing the Wall, 2 of which were wiped out. Which means that there should be about at least 8 more wildlings at the foot of the Wall who have yet to climb, possibly more. The trailer also makes it look like there is about about 15 men. Which is probably enough to slaughter the unsuspecting Nightwatchmen while they sleep, particularly If Bowen Marsh has taken most of the men to go and fight the weeper, as in the books.

See, this is why I get confused so much. I'd forgotten about Mance saying that, and we're only shown the other (4? 5?) wildlings that fell off the Wall in this episode. So like many viewers, I'm left thinking 'Eh? 4 wildlings to attack Castle Black?'. I hope we'll see the others climbing up to the top/down to the bottom in the next episode, so we're clear on the fact that there are indeed more wildlings present :laugh:

How many attack the Wall in the book, can anyone remember?

I didn't really like this episode at all!

The Theon scenes seem true to the off-screen events that happened to him in the books, but I find them to be completely unwatchable and I have to hit the mute button.

Jon/Ygritte - a little much. If she knows he's still a Crow, then she knows that he can't stay with her.

Robb - I thought that was ok. He pretty much deserves what's coming - he brought this on himself with Talisa, so it's a little much for him to be sanctimonious to Edmure about it. But true-ish to the book.

Kind of hate the Meera/Osha fight club. What's the point? To get Osha to leave with Rickon? Like Bran would be ok with that happening as a result of a fight? Not.

Sam and Gilly's excellent camping trip? Enough said.

Really, I didn't like this very much at all.

I'd probably agree with the Jon/Ygritte thing, but it's one hell of a stretch to say that Robb 'deserves' what's coming to him.

In the books I think its 20 of Jarl's raiders, and 100 Thenns.

Yeah, we have no Thenns. I guess 15 men (and women) would be enough to do some damage to the NW, but I would like to have more. Nitpicking I know - without repercussion? ;)

Yeah, we have no Thenns. I guess 15 men (and women) would be enough to do some damage to the NW, but I would like to have more. Nitpicking I know - without repercussion? ;)

I agree, it is a bit of a stretch. If anything goes wrong, they've pretty much ensured their raiding party will be slaughtered.

my biggest problem with this epsiode was mel visiting the BWB and taking gendry :bang: i was yelling no no no at my screen!!!

and im starting to get tired of the QoT, sure at the beginning it was fun to watch her..but seriously enough already..we could use that time to get to know more about team robb. dude's gonna die in a bit and we still have no she-bears or will or whatsoever..

I'd probably agree with the Jon/Ygritte thing, but it's one hell of a stretch to say that Robb 'deserves' what's coming to him.

I know it's harsh, but he broke his word in a huge way, and there are HUGE consequences. He should be feeling hella guilty, not scolding Edmure. A marriage contract is a big deal in this society - it's an alliance. Robb basically screwed an alliance. He deserves it. (And it sucks and I'm dreading it but it was a great plot mover in the books and is the most interesting thing that will happen in season 3 of the show).

Archived