[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

Oh my... was the episode that bad? I haven't watched it yet, but from what I've read in the forum it was really bad.

So, you decide to read a thread... where everyone is being ridiculously picky, before watching the episode for yourself?

How did Mel get from Dragonstone to wherever the BWB is staying that fast? How did she even know where to find them?

Light fire.

Look into fire.

???

Profit.

Anyway:

- Olenna and Tywin.

- Catelyn doing nothing important, again.

- The Blackfish being a scraggly Greatjon.

Theons guessing all these Northern Lords while getting flayed and doesn't think of the House with a flayed man as their sigil.

Catelyn being a background character

Pretty much... I'm not a huge fan of Catelyn in the books (or the show for that matter) but she deserves than just being a common face to have in the background of all the Robb/Riverrun scenes.

Yeah Cat going from POV character to having basically like...half a line per episode, is egregious.

Theons guessing all these Northern Lords while getting flayed and doesn't think of the House with a flayed man as their sigil.

Yeah I'm gonna chalk that up to dehydration.

But if non-book readers haven't figured this one out already then....

First off, I didn't HATE this episode, like a lot of people did. I gave it a 7. I don't think there is an ep of Game of Thrones that I hate. Ok...

While the actual climbing scenes were done spectacularly, the Jon and Ygritte moments made me gag.

Joffrey being the one to kill Ros. Joffrey killing ANYONE. He's crazy but we know he doesn't have the guts. Ser Ilyn, where are you?

Skinning rabbits lasted way longer than it should have.

Theon is still being tortured by an unknown person in an unknown place. Reveal these things or skip over them already.

Mel prophesizing about Arya.

Shae being a rude skank and refusing to leave the room.

Varys doing a bad job at being Varys. He's the MASTER of whisperers, why is he always caught?

Joffrey being the one to give Mandon the orders to kill Tyrion. CERSEI! Why are they making her sympathetic?

Ser Loras is gay, Ser Loras is gay, Ser Loras is gay... WE GET IT! (I did chuckle at the sword swallower comment though)

The people on the forum keep talking about "french" sleeves. He said "fringed".

Ok.

If we compare E6 with E5, it becomes clearer that BCog should script the adaptation, and D&D should just remain in the background.....with Catelyn, doing nothing.

Theon torture continued just that much too long. Not surprising since D&D penned The Climb.

Littlefinger's monologue was perfectly menacing. Welcome back LF, I've missed you. And, something tells me that LF was on that boat enjoying the fact that Sansa remains in KL, her last chance to leave turned down for something "prettier" that was denied her in the end. It rather mirrors what happened with LF and Cat, but with LF delivering a manipulative body blow denied to his younger self. Not exactly the same as the ASoS, but it works just as well.

Mr. Birdsong felt Loras going on about fabrics and pins (brooch!) was, and I quote, "homosexual clichés for simpletons and homophobes" But he's just a young girl, unfamiliar with the ways of war.

Joffrey being the one to kill Ros. Joffrey killing ANYONE. He's crazy but we know he doesn't have the guts.

Joffrey tried to have Bran killed, killed Ned. And you think he wouldn't kill a prostitute?

Honestly, no offense to anyone, especially since this is the "nitpick" thread, but good lord... if I watched the episodes and found as many non-crucial things as you guys do annoying, then I don't think I'd watch the show at all. If you aren't willing to roll with the changes in an adaptation, then you're wasting your time watching the show. We're talking about a book series that relies heavily on disposition. It's hard to relay this on screen, so, they have to invent scenes that will stress the same points. Kind of like Jon and Ygritte's kiss. We know in the book that Jon starts to have feelings for her even though they rarely show emotional scenes between the two. The reason...disposition. For TV's sake, the kiss was absolutely perfect.

So, you decide to read a thread... where everyone is being ridiculously picky, before watching the episode for yourself?

I don't mind the TV show spoilers, I've read the books, what's a bigger spoiler than that? and I don't really care about having the show spoiled. I couldn't watch the episode for a couple of reasons, but I wanted to know what happened and how good was it. So I read some threads, including the book spoilers discusion one, not only this one. In all the threads that I read, many people where saying that there were too many changes, that they didn't like the episode, and that it was very bad and slow compared with the last three. I wanted to know if people where overreacting, and I got my answer, not thanks to you :P and I enjoy reading about nitpicks, what's wrong with that?

Joffrey tried to have Bran killed, killed Ned. And you think he wouldn't kill a prostitute?

oh geez I'm saying he wouldn't do it himself. Did he try to kill Bran himself? No he hired an assassin. Did he kill Ned? No he had Ser Ilyn do it.

I don't mind the TV show spoilers, I've read the books, what's a bigger spoiler than that? and I don't really care about having the show spoiled. I couldn't watch the episode for a couple of reasons, but I wanted to know what happened and how good was it. So I read some threads, including the book spoilers discusion one, not only this one. In all the threads that I read, many people where saying that there were too many changes, that they didn't like the episode, and that it was very bad and slow compared with the last three. I wanted to know if people where overreacting, and I got my answer, not thanks to you :P and I enjoy reading about nitpicks, what's wrong with that?

lmao

Honestly, no offense to anyone, especially since this is the "nitpick" thread, but good lord... if I watched the episodes and found as many non-crucial things as you guys do annoying, then I don't think I'd watch the show at all. If you aren't willing to roll with the changes in an adaptation, then you're wasting your time watching the show. We're talking about a book series that relies heavily on disposition. It's hard to relay this on screen, so, they have to invent scenes that will stress the same points. Kind of like Jon and Ygritte's kiss. We know in the book that Jon starts to have feelings for her even though they rarely show emotional scenes between the two. The reason...disposition. For TV's sake, the kiss was absolutely perfect.

No offense taken. Yeah, a lot of people nitpick about teeny tiny things, but if that's their nitpick that they choose to post on a nitpicking board, then hey, who are we to tell them that they are overreacting? :)

Didn't like Thoros and Beric being complicit in Melisandre taking Gendry. I think that's a real missed opportunity to show the two separate ways they worship R'hllor. They even set it up with Thoros saying they practiced their faith differently but then suddenly they're all buddy-buddy with one another. It's like D+D think all Red Priests are all on the same page. Do they just not get subtleties or do they not think we'll get them?

He didn't kill them himelf, thoug. That goes even beyond Joffrey. What did they do with my Joff :crying:

Read the title of the thread again. People here love the TV show, but we also love the books. We have many favourite quotes and scenes from the books that we wish to see in the show. When we don't see them and instead see something that sometimes is not as good, or see our favourite characters acting in a different way, then we feel disappointed. Some changes are fine, but some make really little sense. So we come here, take out everything that is bothering us, feel better, and then continue with our lives. If you can't stand nitpicks, then this thread isn't for you. Just don't read it. Go to any of the other threads. There are many threads where you can argue and say that the changes were good. This is the only place where we can freely complain.

If we compare E6 with E5, it becomes clearer that BCog should script the adaptation, and D&D should just remain in the background.....with Catelyn, doing nothing.

That's an easy statement to make, but if you compare E4 with E5, then its far less clearcut.

Didn't like Thoros and Beric being complicit in Melisandre taking Gendry. I think that's a real missed opportunity to show the two separate ways they worship R'hllor. They even set it up with Thoros saying they practiced their faith differently but then suddenly they're all buddy-buddy with one another. It's like D+D think all Red Priests are all on the same page. Do they just not get subtleties or do they not think we'll get them?

I completely agree, it's a big part of the books imo... the entire "religion isn't bad, it just depends on the practitioner" bit.

Freys joined with Robb's army in S01E09

Haven't as much as been mentioned since that episode. Now it's like they were never there in the first place. No reaction of Frey's leaving when Robb married Jeyne Talisa in S2 either.

Juuuust a bit of an oversight.

Archived