[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

Note that Jaime wanted in to the Kingsguard, though. There's not much sense to the idea that you can force someone to say the vows. Hell... this very episode has Edmure say that no one can compell a man to wed. Which is, really, meaning that no one can compel you to swear holy vows, whether of matrimony or of the Kingsguard.

So it's all a bit nonsensical, on that level. So they want to say that in show canon, yes, someone can be forced into the Kingsguard and will have no choice... well, fine. But I would have liked Olenna to muse aloud about whatever became of the last man who took a lord's heir away from him by naming him to the Kingsguard... That argument really should have gone on longer, really.

She was talking to Shae. And the point is that she should realize that her family cannot atend the wedding since they are at war. She saying that was very dumb. Sansa is supposed to grow wiser, not dumber.

You realize that temporary war-time truces have actually happened in real life..right?

Having Mel meet Arya now could have a repercussion on Mel's arc at the Wall. She wouldn't mistake Alys Karstark for Arya now, and she might not even have a reason to send Abel/Mance Rayder.

Oh you're right! I hadn't tought about that!

Re: Queen of Thorns- I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post if there's another more relevant thread, please kindly direct me thanks.

The Queen of Thorns screen time and role has been a bit overstated for me as I’ve read the books first and with them being canon I am always comparing the TV show with them, I know how the story pans out so am tracking the TV Show along the route.

I enjoyed her repartee with Varys a couple of weeks ago and Tywin this week ("A sword swallower through and through") but I think she’s getting a bit too much sceen time ahead of other characters and the scene with her last week was just silly, as if she was more wittier than Tyrion! Just my opinion though.

You've come to the right place my friend! Welcome to the forum! And I agree with you! :cheers: Now Olenna is just annoying IMO.

oh, i forgot the sam and gilly scene..it was a pretty cute scene i must admit, but the random mention of the dragonglass dagger was like "oh ya i forgot i found this super weird but pretty stuff, wonder what it does" i was sooo much looking forward to "sam the slayer" but oh well :frown5:

oh, i forgot the sam and gilly scene..it was a pretty cute scene i must admit, but the random mention of the dragonglass dagger was like "oh ya i forgot i found this super weird but pretty stuff, wonder what it does" i was sooo much looking forward to "sam the slayer" but oh well :frown5:

I think that was the point of this scene. It's to remind the audience of the dagger so that they know what's going on when he kills and other next week.

You realize that temporary war-time truces have actually happened in real life..right?

Ah of course in real life, you see? You think Joffrey is just going to accept that? Don't you think he is going to chop off their heads and put them in pikes as soon as they put a foot in KL? He is the King, and Robb is a traitor, who can say no? You think Robb is gonna leave all his war affairs just to go to Sansa's wedding and then just leave to continue the war, and just leave her in the paws of the Lions? Right.....

ETA: Sansa know Joff, Sansa knows the situation. She should know it's not possible, and what would happen. She should be gettin wiser, smarter. But no. She is still the same stupid and naive girl that she was in the begining of the series.

Ah of course in real life, you see? You think Joffrey is just going to accept that? Don't you think he is going to chop off their heads and put them in pikes as soon as they put a foot in KL? He is the King, and Robb is a traitor, who can say no? You think Robb is gonna leave all his war affairs just to go to Sansa's wedding and then just leave to continue the war, and just leave her in the paws of the Lions? Right.....

Who said anything about their wedding being at Kings Landing? Do you honestly believe that the heir of Highgarden wouldn't want his wedding to be.. you know... AT Highgarden? Also, it's not like the Tyrell's aren't plotting against the Lannisters or anything. Them inviting Rob and Cat in secret to Sansa's wedding isn't completely out of character at all.

I'm not saying that all of this would have happened, but Sansa having the thought isn't as dumb as you're trying to make it out to be.

Who said anything about their wedding being at Kings Landing? Do you honestly believe that the heir of Highgarden wouldn't want his wedding to be.. you know... AT Highgarden? Also, it's not like the Tyrell's aren't plotting against the Lannisters or anything. Them inviting Rob and Cat in secret to Sansa's wedding isn't completely out of character at all.

I'm not saying that all of this would have happened, but Sansa having the thought isn't as dumb as you're trying to make it out to be.

The Tyrells and the Starks are at war. Thus Robb and Cat accepting an invitation to Sansa - Loras wedding, no matter where it takes place, even if the Tyrells are silly enough to send one is absolutely preposterous.

The Tyrells and the Starks are at war. Thus Robb and Cat accepting an invitation to Sansa - Loras wedding, no matter where it takes place, even if the Tyrells are silly enough to send one is absolutely preposterous.

I guess Sansa is still an idiot at this point in the show, which seems odd. Hopefully she'll wisen up when she gets to the Eerie

One nitpick is my continuing dislike for the Blackfish. Yeah, we get it, Edmure's kind of an oaf, no need to act like the most humongous dick to him at every second. Sure, that's his nephew, but he's now also his lord.

Me too, I hate show Blackfish. I already gathered that Edmure is a dumbass, his uncle doesn't have to hammer the point home all the time. And of all people to force someone to get married, the Blackfish? Mister "I am going to not speak to my brother for years because I won't marry"

Yeah, I wish Sansa and Tyrion's wedding had been kept a surprise. That was a real gut punch when it happened and I don't know why they took the surprise out of it.

Yep, that would have been a much cooler reveal since they already have Sansa thinking she will marry Loras. They could have had her show up to her wedding, so excited, to see Tyrion. It would have been easy to execute on camera.

. And why is Sansa pretty much the only person unaware of Loras' sexuality?

That's actually true to the books. Sansa was too busy fantasizing about him to notice that he was totally gay.

Nitpick?

On the Castle Black side of the Wall apparently lie green pastures. What the hell?

Yeah, my husband asked me if the weather is different on the other side of the wall, and if that's part of the reason the wildlings are trying to get over there. LOL.

Ugh, LF gets worse and worse on the show. I was waiting for him to start rubbing his hands together diabolically and twirling the ends of his mustache :P. He's about as subtle as a pick axe.

Both him and Varys are ridiculous. They have had what, three scenes now where they have verbal duels saying "oh, I am a very big schemer" "oh, well that may be, my lord, but I am a schemer too" with lots of hand-wringing, mustache twirling, and "muahahaha"-ing. We get it, these two guys are pulling all the strings.

Again, Robb is fighting a war, he wouldn't leave it just for Sansa's wedding. The Tyrells are allied with the Lannisters now, therefore they are also at war with Robb. Robb and Catelyn accepting the invitation would be pretty stupid. And The Tyrells wouldn't betray their alliance by inviting Robb, a traitor. What Sansa said was pretty dumb. She hasn't have any development, or just very very little IMO. She's been dumbed down. She is one of my favourite characters in the books, that's why I think is a very big deal.

It's not like the Tyrell's aren't plotting against the Lannisters or anything. Them inviting Rob and Cat in secret to Sansa's wedding isn't completely out of character at all.

Why they want Sansa at all? In hopes Robb will die. No one even asked his or Catelyn's permission.

I also think Sansa is too naive to understand

It can be and I think is in the books. But in the scene of the last episode Loras was straightforward making faces at her and examining his nails, that should have been observed by her as a complete disinterest in her, no matter on what grounds.

That's actually true to the books. Sansa was too busy fantasizing about him to notice that he was totally gay.

I also think Sansa is too naive to understand his sexuality even if someone had outright told her. She's been so sheltered her whole life. I feel like she'd be like "Um...what? Boys don't like other boys! Golly!"

In defense of Sansa I have to say that it wasn't so onvious in the books, and not everybody knew about it (not like in the show where is amazingly obvious, and apparently everybody knows!)

Again, Robb is fighting a war, he wouldn't leave it just for Sansa's wedding. The Tyrells are allied with the Lannisters now, therefore they are also at war with Robb. Robb and Catelyn accepting the invitation would be pretty stupid. And The Tyrells wouldn't betray their alliance by inviting Robb, a traitor. What Sansa said was pretty dumb. She hasn't have any development, or just very very little IMO. She's been dumbed down. She is one of my favourite characters in the books, that's why I think is a very big deal.

My nitpick with this is if the Tyrells are allied with the Lannisters, why is the Loras/Willas match considered such a life line for Sansa? It could be just as bad if her brother does the wrong thing as it was with Joffrey? No doubt they wouldn't be as sadistic but why doesn't anyone, especially Sansa, worry about this proposal?

As for Sansa being dumbed down, no one should really complain about her asking about her family attending. It's not the brightest thing she could have said but Sansa on a whole has been smartened and toughened quite a bit on the show. She doesn't go on and on about songs, knights and fairytales as she does in the books (a huge plus!), she doesn't blab to Cersei and she doesn't blab to either Margaery or Littlefinger when directly asked about her plans. Book Sansa never said "I just can't say anything about it." If we look at the deleted Sansa-Hound-Tyrion scene, she unequivocally says she doesn't sing songs anymore. Book Sansa was not thinking that at this stage of her story.

What's more, while she shows a small gain of not being as fussed about Willas being crippled, she is still just as full of dreams when she mentions puppies and picnics and naming her children after her family. Asking about her family on the show gives a nod to this, reminds us that she is still very naive at this stage of the story and finally reminds us that she is unaware that most of her family are "dead". It's hardly a dumbing down of Sansa.

Why they want Sansa at all? In hopes Robb will die. No one even asked his or Catelyn's permission.

It can be and I think is in the books. But in the scene of the last episode Loras was straightforward making faces at her and examining his nails, that should have been observed by her as a complete disinterest in her, no matter on what grounds.

True, but she also has no experience with boys, other than Joffrey *shudder*. She has stars in her eyes, Loras is like a rockstar after all, so she prolly think he's acting normal/cool and she's the one being all nervous.

In defense of Sansa I have to say that it wasn't so onvious in the books, and not everybody knew about it (not like in the show where is amazingly obvious, and apparently everybody knows!)

Totally. It was barely mentioned in the books and in the show it's ZOMGHEIZSOGAY. I think the book version is much better because Loras & Renly had to be discreet which is in keeping with the Medieval attitudes whereas the characters on the show seem surprisingly accepting or tame in their reactions (well, except, Joffrey).

Archived