[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

How in the hell are those two important??? Those two are some of the easiest characters to cut, because they just arent important. They can easily replace whatever impact they've had on the books so far.

Yeah, I'm a little more concerned about Jeyne Poole. I suppose they can just put some random girl in her place, but the Theon/Jeyne dynamic will lose some of its thunder. That ship has sailed though.

Yeah, I'm a little more concerned about Jeyne Poole. I suppose they can just put some random girl in her place, but the Theon/Jeyne dynamic will lose some of its thunder. That ship has sailed though.

At least the Ros/Jeyne Poole theory is dead now...

And what prevents them from introducing Jeyne Poole? I don't remember what happened to her in the show.

And what prevents them from introducing Jeyne Poole? I don't remember what happened to her in the show.

She was never in the show. When she's finally introduced, she'll just be some girl we never heard of before.

I don't think the small number of Wildlings to make it to the top of the wall is a big deal.

In the books, those who make it to the top let down rope ladders, then the rest of the raiding party comes over.

They aren't going to be attacking Castle Black with four people.

I think the fact that Tormund is the one leading the climbing party is also a big deal...is Jon supposed to take him captive at some point? Will he sneak back through the Wall for the Wilding assault?

She was never in the show. When she's finally introduced, she'll just be some girl we never heard of before.

Technically she was, there was an extra in a few Sansa scenes in S1 that fit Jeyne's description and was obviously meant to be representative of her. It's not like they can't just cast someone down the line and transition her into the show, just like they did with Beric or any of the others that had delayed appearances.

Technically she was, there was an extra in a few Sansa scenes in S1 that fit Jeyne's description and was obviously meant to be representative of her. It's not like they can't just cast someone down the line and transition her into the show, just like they did with Beric or any of the others that had delayed appearances.

That is true. There was a glimpse of her just like with Berric Dondarrion. Honestly, I don't think that will be a problem. However, it is not unlikely for them to decide changing this part of the story.

Yeah, when it comes down to it the Jeyne character is so minor she can easily be changed. I do hope they keep the core of that story alive, but the exact identity of the bride doesn't matter that much.

.... although for the record the "Talisa as Jeyne" theory kind of makes me cringe a little bit. Hoping it's not that at least, haha.

(kind of funny to have two threads in the same sub-forum talking about Jeyne Poole of all characters at the same time, I had to keep double-checking to make sure I was responding to the right one)

Jeyne Poole was always going to be a big problem for the show, as having an extremely minor character reappear after 4 or 5 seasons would be incredibly confusing to audiences. They could have kept her as a background character with a few lines every few episodes, but that ship has sailed. I guess their just going to have to invent a character (I dont think Talisa will survive the RW) with enough background knowledge to pass as Arya.

The definition of nitpick: "be overly critical; criticize minor details." This is less of a nitpicking thread and more of an all-out hatred thread. Here's an example of nitpicking:

Roose Bolton said, "You should have learned by now not to overplay your... position." During the beat, he glanced down at Jaime's hand, which suggests he was going to use the idiom 'to overplay your hand.' This is a saying that originated in America around playing cards, likely a variation of poker. I do not believe they play poker in Westeros.

This is not what most of you are doing. If you really hate the show that much, for your sake and ours, please stop watching. If you want to nitpick, nitpick away, but try and actually do it properly. I am sorry if you classify this as repercussions.

Whilst I agree about the definition of nit picking, I do feel that your conclusion lacks sense.

This site is for the lovers of asoiaf, hence the website title, not Game of Thrones. This particular thread is for asoiaf fans who are also keen to see it televised. They should be able to air their opinions small or large, as to how they feel the contents has been translated to television.

If you just love the show and do not know the books or do not care how those books are translated to the screen, stay on the HBO Game of Thrones site, rather than bother those who love the books.

Did she even have any lines? I don't remember. I do remember she was never referred to by name on screen. If you didn't buy the DVD and didn't listen to the commentary, then you'll have no idea who Jeyne Poole is.

When season 1 aired ADwD hadn't been published l. I guess they thought she would never appear again. So I guess that's why she was cut. Didn't Martin start revealing his secrets to them after season 1?

Overall I've got to say that this whole TV series is really just turning into a massive pile of littlefinger's sheep pellets.

At this point the only things I'm going to be sure of are:

Robb Stark dies this season, with or without any Stark and Tully bannermen at a wedding

Gendry's Stannis' and by extension Brienne's Jon's and Arya's arcs are pretty badly damaged because of the directors trying to cut corners by sending Mel to the riverlands and buying Gendry.

There's a pretty gods damned good chance that Tormund Giantsbane will die this season without ever being remotely likeable or telling any of his epic stories

The Onion Knight will probably get out of jail, but they're probably going to make it seem like Shireen got him out

I'm having trouble staying tuned in to be honest. I've read the whole series roundabout 4 times so stuff really shouldn't surprise me, but every time I tune in they rip out or water down one important event and add something else that contributes in no way to the story. Season 1 was a pretty close to perfect adaptation of Game of Thrones. Season 2 was more or less faithful to the westeros portion of the series, but threw Dany under the bus so hard that my I've got a buddy who hasn't read the books who hates her for the wrong reasons. I'm not really a Dany hater myself but I can see why people hate her. He hates her because he thinks she's entitled and freaked out when Pyat Pree took her dragons and killed all her servants... WHICH NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED IN THE BOOKS. The house of the undying is likely one of the most important chapters for Dany and they ran out of time so it turned from a lsd trip from hell full of prophecy and foreshadowing to some batty old warlock trying to do some kinky stuff to some blonde chick in a tower with no doors.

If you bring this up on any other thread they will tell you that they are using the same formula as season 1, and that these changes are necessary.

That's BS. My belief is that the writers decided to stray from the books because they want to be writers, not copy/cut/paste workers the way they largely were in season 1.

Maybe they want to correct parts of the book that are fucking stupid?

Archived