[BOOK SPOILERS] Gendry, Melisandre, Arya, etc.

teemo

I like the inclusion of Gendry. I think his resentment towards the Brotherhood will fade or be negated after Mel talks to him a bit and shows him the power of his blood.

As for how he gets back to the riverlands.... I have no idea, but at least they have a little while before that happens.

Its one of the rare scenes that I think tells us some of what's going to happen or not in books 6/7.

Clearly Gendry won't be playing a role with the BWB (having him travel all the to Dragonstone and back again would be asinine, and he won't trust them anymore), but he has to have some role; or else it would've been easier to introduce Edric Storm instead of shoehorning Mel into the Riverlands.

There also would've been no point to Mel's line to Arya unless they do somehow meet again. So either Mel is headed to Braavos, Arya to the Wall (that'd be my guess), or they both meet somewhere else.

And the added focus on the Red God suggests to me that he, or at least the religion, will play a major role in the end.

Ok so gendry is going to Dragonstone....if it plays out the way it should....that means Davos has to convince Stannis to not sacrafice Gendry and then ships him off someplace to make sure he doesn't .....Meli goes with Stannis to the wall ....I wonder if they'll do the scence with Selys's uncle

Yeah but she was greeting Thoros with it, it wasn't said as part of a thought, it was like a code word of Red Priests.

I also thought it was misplaced. I guess they want to show explicitly to the show viewers that the phrases go together, and that the Essos based Red Priests would be the best way to do that. But it implied a connection that has no basis in the books. They would have probably done better to have the phrases spoken together in a Dany scene.

Gendry will not go back to the brotherhood, or Lys. Hell befriend Shireen and Davos. Hell likely stay along as an apprentice to Davos or something, or end up at the Wall when Stannis goes there. Something will happen because the actor said they are creating new storylines to keep him around in the future.

I also thought it was misplaced. I guess they want to show explicitly to the show viewers that the phrases go together, and that the Essos based Red Priests would be the best way to do that. But it implied a connection that has no basis in the books. They would have probably done better to have the phrases spoken together in a Dany scene.

They did...

I agree with others that Gendry won't be going back to the Riverlands. Instead Davos will successfully convince Stannis not to sacrifice him, and I think he will come along for the ride to the Wall. Maybe even Davos takes him on as a squire and he knights him.

I think Gendry is going to end up at the wall with Stannis. They can make Gendry a more active/important character. It also would be interesting to see Gendry end up with Jon.

Yea and the wall is short a smith at the end of Asos..

At first I thought the "we'll meet again" line was potential book 6 spoilers, and it very well might be, in fact I do hope so, if there is one Stark reunion I want to see it's Arya and Jon Snow.

But on the other hand it might just be a way to get book readers talking, and they'll have Melisandre and Arya meet up next season before Arya heads off to Braavos and Mel to the wall.

I want to see what they do with Gendry in the next couple seasons. This is IMO a lot better TV only story then "WHO STOLE MA DRAGONZZZZ"

I agree with others that Gendry won't be going back to the Riverlands. Instead Davos will successfully convince Stannis not to sacrifice him, and I think he will come along for the ride to the Wall. Maybe even Davos takes him on as a squire and he knights him.

Or Davos smuggles him out and he sets up shop in the Free Cities, never to be heard of again

Yeah, I'd like to see Gendry being knighted by Stannis himself and becoming one his most loyal men. He could replace Ser Justin Massey. It'd be a very major change I'd really enjoy.

This feels really big to me.

When will Mel see her again? Also, does this mean the whole Jeyne Poole story as Arya is cut? Because now Mel knows what Arya looks like?

Or maybe she didn't know who Arya was?! Because why wouldn't she have taken her to Stannis. Stannis holding Arya would be really good for him.

I liked how they showed that the Brotherhood isn't so pure as they claim, but I'm also not sure that they are all as bad as they were portrayed either. The Thoros/Melisandre interplay is interesting, but would Thoros really so easily bend to her BS?

And naturally, "We will meet again" was the most intriguing line of the episode.

Totally agree. It's important to show that the Brotherhood isn't perfect and needs money, but I'm also not sure that Thoros would respond in that way.

I think that it could quite possibly be book 6 foreshadowing, or maybe like others have said, they'll meet up again next season when Meli goes to the Wall and Arya to Braavos.

Archived