[BOOK SPOILERS] Gendry, Melisandre, Arya, etc.

teemo

I personally think Gendry will be used as a substitude for Edric in order to obtain blood for the leeches and three false kings business. But didn't Mel promise Stannis and Selyse a son? Is it poosible that she wants Gendry for that purpose? I mean Stannis is Gendry's uncle! And we know from Stannis offer to a certain bastard that the bastardship label can be lifted by a king's order. Imagine the possibilities of having Gendry as a prince contender to the Iron throne. It'd make it much interesting relationship between Arya and Gendry now that they both are royalty.

You really haven't seen how much Stannis detests bastards and his older brother that didn't love him have you?

Do you really think Stannis wants his brother's bastard contending for the Throne against his daughter's claim? There's honestly not any way that I see this happening. Stannis made the offer to

Jon Snow

because he had no other option. He tried to use him, it wasn't for his own good.

I guess 2 bags of gold is worth more than a highly trained smith who can make/repair weapons, armor, and arrowheads. I thought that, other than food, they will probably need to spend the money Mel gave them on a highly trained smith who can make/repair weapons...

I guess 2 bags of gold is worth more than a highly trained smith who can make/repair weapons, armor, and arrowheads. I thought that, other than food, they will probably need to spend the money Mel gave them on a highly trained smith who can make/repair weapons...

I don't know how to be clearer: they gave him up because R'hllor asked for him.

My problem with the gold is: Where the hell did Stannis get all that gold from? And if he has so much gold why not hire sellswords? And why doesn't he have any problem with giving gold to outlaws, who he hates? (well I guess this one is excusable since he didn't know where Mel was going) but I am expecting him to not like the idea when Mel tells him (if she tells him of course).

My problem with the gold is: Where the hell did Stannis get all that gold from? And if he has so much gold why not hire sellswords? And why doesn't he have any problem with giving gold to outlaws, who he hates? (well I guess this one is excusable since he didn't know where Mel was going) but I am expecting him to not like the idea when Mel tells him (if she tells him of course).

Who says Melisandre didn't bring money with her when she left Asshai?

Yeah.. and keep it all this time and not give it to Stannis who is Azor Ahai Reborn (according to her) and her King and ? Ok.......

Well they haven't really stressed that Stannis is pretty much broke in the show. And I doubt she would give every last bit of money she has to him. It could be what's left after she gave money to him. It's really not as unlikely as you seem to think it is

Well they haven't really stressed that Stannis is pretty much broke in the show. And I doubt she would give every last bit of money she has to him. It could be what's left after she gave money to him. It's really not as unlikely as you seem to think it is

Fair enough, but just because they haven't stated that Stannis is broke in the show.

• 2 weeks later...

You really haven't seen how much Stannis detests bastards and his older brother that didn't love him have you?

Do you really think Stannis wants his brother's bastard contending for the Throne against his daughter's claim? There's honestly not any way that I see this happening. Stannis made the offer to

Jon Snow

because he had no other option. He tried to use him, it wasn't for his own good.

Fair enough! But I did say I think he's gonna replace Edric. The rest were just after thoughts and you know, in the show, things can change.

I haven't gone through every post, but has anyone on here noticed yet that by showing Melisandre meeting with Beric and seeing that he has the ability to bring people back to life, this clearly shows that Jon WILL be brought back by Melisandre? i.e. another spoiler from this episode. And, in my opinion, it is a spoiler for a future book, telling us that Arya will indeed meetup with her and Jon later, or even that she might kill Melisandre as a faceless man.

• 2 weeks later...

Was Gendry actually making a pass at Arya when she said that she could be his family and he replied "you wouldn't be my family, you'd be my lady." That seemed somewhat suggestive but because of their huge age difference, it didn't sit well with me. I know most of the younger characters are supposed to be teenagers and the actors are obviously much older but still...I don't know, I sort of cringed when Gendry said that.

[i think this happened in this episode but i'm not 100% sure. apologies if i placed in the wrong thread.]

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I doubt they'll film in Venice. Croatia is sometimes used as a stand-in for Venice. Or at least it was in a doctor who episode. It was convincing enough if you've never been to Italy. But they have a bigger budget than Doctor Who (doesn't everyone? lol)

I found this thread just so I could gloat about this http://winteriscoming.net/2013/06/filming-dates-and-new-location-in-croatia-confirmed/

It could be somewhere other than Braavos, but whatever :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mel and Arya will meet again because I think Mel is one of the people Arya will kill. In this ep. she said three different sets of eyes and I think one is Mel's. One is Cersei's IMO. The other I am not sure. How the books play it out might be different then the TV show.

The Red God is something to pay more attention too especially when Stannis gets to the ice because it is the followers of the Red God who think their mighty battle is with the ice/dark/white walkers. Who actually is good and who is evil is really yet to be announced. I think Mel is evil and have some hidden agenda up in the ice. The next book will hopefully answer more of these questions. GRRM said the book is going to take us in depth of what/who lies beyond the Wall and how actually big the land of ice is. #cantwait

• 3 weeks later...

Mel and Arya will meet again because I think Mel is one of the people Arya will kill. In this ep. she said three different sets of eyes and I think one is Mel's. One is Cersei's IMO. The other I am not sure. How the books play it out might be different then the TV show.

The Red God is something to pay more attention too especially when Stannis gets to the ice because it is the followers of the Red God who think their mighty battle is with the ice/dark/white walkers. Who actually is good and who is evil is really yet to be announced. I think Mel is evil and have some hidden agenda up in the ice. The next book will hopefully answer more of these questions. GRRM said the book is going to take us in depth of what/who lies beyond the Wall and how actually big the land of ice is. #cantwait

I'm fairly certain the "eyes" she mentioned are referring to the different faces she will "put on" rather than who she will kill. No doubt she will kill one or more important characters though; she's already killed several, and she hasn't even finished her training yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Mayhaps Arya will run into Melissandre at Saltpans? If not then, then I think it will be very late in the 7th book when they meet again. Or maybe this is one of the times where Melissandre is wrong about something. We know that this can happen. I don't see an issue with Gendry reuniting with the Brotherhood once he finds them again.

Hm... I didn't like the change so much, as it makes the BwB much less sympathic, but it makes things easier, as it eliminates the need to introduce more of Robb's bastards.

Was Gendry actually making a pass at Arya when she said that she could be his family and he replied "you wouldn't be my family, you'd be my lady." That seemed somewhat suggestive but because of their huge age difference, it didn't sit well with me. I know most of the younger characters are supposed to be teenagers and the actors are obviously much older but still...I don't know, I sort of cringed when Gendry said that.

[i think this happened in this episode but i'm not 100% sure. apologies if i placed in the wrong thread.]

He wasn't meaking a pass, he used "lady" not in the meaning of "lady love" but as "female of a higher station".

I just thought about something.

There's an Edric Dayne, right?

Maybe Gendry was used instead of Edric Storm to prevent confusing between the 2 Edrics?

I doubt it, as Edric Dayne hasn_t been introduced.

• 5 months later...

I haven't gone through every post, but has anyone on here noticed yet that by showing Melisandre meeting with Beric and seeing that he has the ability to bring people back to life, this clearly shows that Jon WILL be brought back by Melisandre? i.e. another spoiler from this episode. And, in my opinion, it is a spoiler for a future book, telling us that Arya will indeed meetup with her and Jon later, or even that she might kill Melisandre as a faceless man.

No it's not clearly showing that Mel resurrects Jon. If we see Melisandre herself bring someone back to life then we can say it's "forshadowing" a possible resurrection with Jon.

and I don't think we can assume that Arya and Melisandre will meet again or that they will meet at all in the books. Mel met/is going to meet two young ladies while at the Wall. One she believed was Arya(Alys Karstark) and the other one is 'Arya Stark'(Jeyne Poole). While the real Arya is on another continent trying to server her ties with her identity altogether. We do know that if she returns to Westeros on her own terms then the place she wants to go most of all is: the Wall. She wants to see Jon again and already thought about leaving Braavos at least once for the Wall. That is where Melisandre currently is so...

If Mel could see the fact that Arya is going to kill her don't you think she'd put a stop to it at this moment? She didn't let the maester kill her or Davos or anyone.

I stand by what I've said many times before. The point of having Arya and Melisandre meet is to clearly show that Melisandre is not completely ultimately all powerful. Which will become obvious when she mistakes Alys or Jeyne or whoever for Arya later on, or when she just tells Jon that she'll look for his sister in the flames or whatever they end up doing. Unsullied at this point that are halfway paying attention will say "hey wait a minute didn't Melisandre already meet Arya"?

Archived