[BOOK SPOILERS] Meera vs. Osha

teemo

I mean the Bran scene was so meh, We could be getting The Knight of the Laughing Tree and we get an Osha/Meera cat fight.

Just send the wildling wench off with Rickon already, who seems to have disappeared with the direwolves forever.

I mean the Bran scene was so meh, We could be getting The Knight of the Laughing Tree and we get an Osha/Meera cat fight.

Bran's arc is by far the worst in Season 3. We've had six episodes and all we've established is that two strong women don't like each other. And that's not even in the books.

I suspect they are trying to lay the foundation for the way the group splits up. Once Ramsay starts his hunt for them, they are going to come to the conclusion to split up and it will be natural that Bran goes with the Reeds and Hodor and Osha takes Rickon since she so obviously doesn't like them. It still strikes me as unnecessary though. They probably want to give Bran some screen time at least every other episode.

Bran's arc is by far the worst in Season 3. We've had six episodes and all we've established is that two strong women don't like each other. And that's not even in the books.

I agree. I think they should just trim down arcs like Bran's and theons to a couple appearances and no more than necessary.

I definitely think they need some characterization too, but I'm not sure this was the greatest way to do that...plus, it teaches us what about them, exactly? That they're being petty and fighting over who is the best at skinning rabbits? That they have feisty personalities?

I think I might prefer to not see Bran at all than see these types of scenes..

I think they need more of him, not less. As in, give him shit to do. He's not got the most riveting story at this point, it's true, but some development would be nice. Have them moving somewhere. Have us see the dream. Anything. Sitting about watching a cat fight is boring, boring TV, that's where my issue was.

I definitely think they need some characterization too, but I'm not sure this was the greatest way to do that...plus, it teaches us what about them, exactly? That they're being petty and fighting over who is the best at skinning rabbits? That they have feisty personalities?

I think I might prefer to not see Bran at all than see these types of scenes..

I think it was supposed to showcase Bran's maturity and the fact that he's still the hierarchic top dog in that band of misfits. I would've liked a better scene, tough.

I do hope that we get the Knight of the Laughing Tree scene in this season, but I wouldn't bet on it. They've hardly moved Bran at all. I wonder if they'll be at the tower while Jon and co. are nearby or not. They haven't established much of a relationship between Meera/Jojen and Bran as of yet, so who knows..

I didn't mind the banter too much, but when Jojen awoke and I was like o look I see Jon Snow amongst enemies, it just seemed kind of useless. Couldn't they have him say something that would get Osha and Rickon out of the way, and then Bran, Jojen, Hodor and Meera could continue their adventure.

When are they going to actually get rid of Osha, when they finally reach the wall and she's all like lol im not going back beyond the wall even though I walked all the way to the wall knowing I would have to go beyond it but I'm not going beyond it?

Or they'll probably just have Rickon get scared of Coldhands and run off with Osha chasing after him, which will get them out of the way for Coldhands to kidnap Bran and the other two kids. Since they really don't need Hodor much, they can just have him die. I honestly doubt we'll see Bran put on his skin in the TV series, and Coldhands can carry Bran if need be.

RIckon is in that scene, he mentions Jojen's fit. Why do people think Rickon was leaving in the first place?

Seems the Bran and Rickon split has to come some time, but means fabricating a story for Osha, Rickon (and the wolf)...

more arcs, lord!

Archived