[BOOK SPOILERS] Meera vs. Osha

teemo

He has 7 chapters combined in Storm and Dance, So long and grueling. :rolleyes:

and Feast he has zero, so for three books he has 7 chapters, which is going to last for four seasons on the show at least.

I may be in the minority but personally I have never found Brans chapters boring. I am fascinated by the history of Westeros we get via the Reeds or Old Nan and i actually enjoy the fantasy elements in Brans story like Wolf dreams, Green Dreams, Weirwood Net, etc.. The KOLT, Queenscrown, and Nightfort chapters in ASOS were all very strong imo. His POV in Dance was in my top 3 favorites of the book. I definitely see how some people might think his chapters are dull ( i don't ) but either way i don't see how anyone can think Meera/Osha arguing over who is better at skinning rabbits is better :dunno:

better than what? With Bran they can afford to add stuff because of how few chapters he has and still include everything that happens in those chapters, which it appears they are.

I think that we also forgot to talk about Clash of Kings(where the Reeds are introduced in the books) so he does have a little bit more stuff than just 7 chapters that they'll cover.

I like the scene, there's been very few female pissing contests in the show. Should Osha and Meera be BFFs? No, just like Barristan and Mormont aren't either.

Would I rather hear the KotLT story? Yeah probably but it's probably best to include Barristan telling Dany the story of the tourney in the same episode, or Jaime telling Brienne that Harrenhall was where he was given his white cloak.

That and they'll have to name drop all the people in the story, Rhaegar not "dragon prince", Ned Stark not "quiet wolf" or it will be too confusing to follow.

I'd actually hate it if she and rickon left because Meera rustled her jimmies too much. I mean wow that's pretty pathetic even thinking about it

Almost as bad as people thinking that Rickon ran off to Skaggos in episode two this season.

Scene did a couple of good things.

1) Showed Bran has some leadership

2) Rickon said something!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) The powers have costs

4) Gave Meera something to say

5) Gave them doubts about the course they were taking to Jon and Castle Black

ummmm

6) they had some supper

Bad

1) Argument came off as petty

2) Shows they really don't know what to do with Bran

3) Shows they really don't know what to do with Meera

4) Shows they really don't know what to do with Rickon

Thing is, I loved the Bran chapters in the books. They to me were like tasty asides to the main feast. The showrunners lack of depicting any prophesies sort of pulls the rug out from under Bran's story though. Obvious they are looking to go on a wild tangent with an invented plot - and this has me concerned.

Scene did a couple of good things.

1) Showed Bran has some leadership

2) Rickon said something!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) The powers have costs

4) Gave Meera something to say

5) Gave them doubts about the course they were taking to Jon and Castle Black

ummmm

6) they had some supper

Bad

1) Argument came off as petty

2) Shows they really don't know what to do with Bran

3) Shows they really don't know what to do with Meera

Thing is, I loved the Bran chapters in the books. They to me were like tasty asides to the main feast. The showrunners lack of depicting any prophesies sort of pulls the rug out from under Bran's story though. Obvious they are looking to go on a wild tangent with an invented plot - and this has me concerned.

:agree:

No-one knows what to do with Rickon. Seriously, you'd think he'd get a little more chapter/screentime considering he could be the heir to Winterfell in WoW!

Btw, why did Osha and Rickon go to Skagos? Was there a good reason?

Just send the wildling wench off with Rickon already, who seems to have disappeared with the direwolves forever.

Right? Where the f are all the direwolves? I don't think we've seen Grey Wind ONCE this whole season!

I mean the Bran scene was so meh, We could be getting The Knight of the Laughing Tree and we get an Osha/Meera cat fight.

This.

I honestly don't even see the point of all the Bran scenes this season. There has been no plot development with him at all since the introduction of the Reeds in episode 2.

The Reeds could have been perfect for providing a little exposition for the lore of Westeros and they're completely botching it.

You must have loved the Jaime/Tywin scene in season 1 then.

Lol! I remember watching that and thinking that was way too long too! But what a badass way to introduce Tywin! This was just two chicks bickering and when Osha did the neck snap and pulled off the head.. :ack:

I think the scene was alright, they are now going to work together despite their differences so I don't think we'll see anymore catfights. But what I do want to see though, is Bran developing his crush on Meera somewhere..

No no no! We need him to develop a crush on Jojen! There's real chemistry there, I'm telling you. Also, there are far too few gay characters in the books. BranxJojen forevah!

It came off to me as the stereotypical idea that women can't be friends because they're too bitchy. Or maybe more specifically two strong women can't be friends. Not saying that's what they were going for, just what it came off to me.

Time could have been spent better establishing stuff that's coming up. They need to be laying the groundwork for a lot of what could be very confusing later on in Bran's arc. Or even in the grander scheme of the story.

It came off to me as the stereotypical idea that women can't be friends because they're too bitchy. Or maybe more specifically two strong women can't be friends. Not saying that's what they were going for, just what it came off to me.

Or maybe they just don't get along? Some people see some kind of underlying discrimination in anything.

Or maybe they just don't get along? Some people see some kind of underlying discrimination in anything.

I did state that I wasn't saying that's what they were going for. I'm pretty sure the writer was like "hey, they don't get along because they both have strong personalities". I'm saying that it's not clear to us why they don't get along (or why it needs to be shown) and to me it looked like it was because of a stereotype. Look at the situation. Two women arguing over cooking.

Archived