[BOOK SPOILERS] Meera vs. Osha

teemo

No the problem is right there

They don't like each other

they get supper butthurt

Okay f this little lord can't be around this one anymore.

Takes rickon exit stage left.

Its quite stupid

I think D&D just don't know what to do with Bran's storyline. They're at a loss. So....cat fight between Meera and Osha? I guess it's better than a gratuitous sex scene. Ideally, I would have appreciated a KotLT narration in flashback format, but alas.

Jojen has seen that Jon is no longer a safe bet for the boys, so this scene was all about setting things up for them to part company. Despite original speculation that Meera would go off with Rickon it's looking more likely that the orignal split will happen and Osha will take Rickon. There's no way Meera will accept Osha taking on the role of carer for Jojen when he's having a seeing moment. Osha looked like she wanted to kill Jojen because he has bad juju, so I suspect Osha will be reasonably happy to leave all this black magic stuff behind.

Sure, if you enjoy a long, grueling uneventful story about a walk North which then has no payoff at all and probably gets them in even worse shit... Oh yeah, don't forget the endless warging sequences and his meeting with Bloodraven, who is a tree, a goddamn tree.

R u serious? Yea, i guess you hate backstory and genius storytelling.

There are 2 times I can immediately recall

1) In the background during the Karstark beheading

2) Foreground watching the troops go past immediately before the "You lost the war the day you married her" exchange.

Ghost has had a couple of appearances

Shaggydog has had a couple of very minor appearances

Summer has had one major and one or two minor appearances.

Too bad Ghost's appearances arent with Jon

Too bad Ghost's appearances arent with Jon

Quite. And no Nymeria time at all either.

A lot of the CGI budget is going on dragons it seems. Perhaps someone needs to steal them. This would mean more direwolf time and the "Carly See" fans would get to hear her scream "Where are my dragons?" a lot. They seem to like that.

Perhaps less direwolves isn't such a bad thing.

Quite. And no Nymeria time at all either.

A lot of the CGI budget is going on dragons it seems. Perhaps someone needs to steal them. This would mean more direwolf time and the "Carly See" fans would get to hear her scream "Where are my dragons?" a lot. They seem to like that.

Perhaps less direwolves isn't such a bad thing.

I think more strategic use of direwolves would rectify. Ghost is the single worst wolf bodyguard in history.

Where r my dragons!!!!!

Jojen has seen that Jon is no longer a safe bet for the boys, so this scene was all about setting things up for them to part company. Despite original speculation that Meera would go off with Rickon it's looking more likely that the orignal split will happen and Osha will take Rickon. There's no way Meera will accept Osha taking on the role of carer for Jojen when he's having a seeing moment. Osha looked like she wanted to kill Jojen because he has bad juju, so I suspect Osha will be reasonably happy to leave all this black magic stuff behind.

:agree: But I'm also really bummed that the Bran story line has been virtually ignored - why all the Theon/Ramsay stuff (which doesn't belong in ASoS in the first place) and all of the invented added Mel stuff, all at the expense of Queens Crown, the Liddle in the Cave, the KoLT and more depth to the Jon/Wildling storyline?

:agree: But I'm also really bummed that the Bran story line has been virtually ignored - why all the Theon/Ramsay stuff (which doesn't belong in ASoS in the first place) and all of the invented added Mel stuff, all at the expense of Queens Crown, the Liddle in the Cave, the KoLT and more depth to the Jon/Wildling storyline?

Im holding out the we could still get Liddle, some version of Queenscrown, and Sam letting them through the wall.

Well, in a way, the show is just like the books. I hate the scenes with Bran in it.

"I lost the use of my legs, wahwahwah." You can warg, you annoying little twit!

Seriously, the only thing I even remotely like in these scenes is Meera, because she's an adorable young woman.

But yeah, if this passive aggressive stuff carries on for much longer, I might just go to Iceland and start my own Night's Watch and build my own Wall to freeze my nuts off on, because that'd be more pleasant that watching more of this "I have no idea what I'm doing" hackneying that D&D are doing!

Bran's arc is by far the worst in Season 3. We've had six episodes and all we've established is that two strong women don't like each other. And that's not even in the books.

I don't care about them trying to round characters arc with things that are not in the books so long as it's not completely idiotic. This isn't idiotic. It's just boring

I don't care about them trying to round characters arc with things that are not in the books so long as it's not completely idiotic. This isn't idiotic. It's just boring

Eh, it's both. Osha has born being clapped in irons, having sex w/Theon in order to get Bran/Rickon out of Winterfell and she can't stomach Meera Reed? Yes, that is totally idiotic. The writers have freely invented all kinds of stuff, and this is the best they can come up with? And now they also make Jojen some kind of epileptic? WTF. They could have given Bran some creepy prophetic dreams that he didnt have in the books and it would have been 1000x better than a stupid scene about skinning rabbits.

Eh, it's both.

To you it is. It's one of those arcs where we have to wait and see. Many non book readers are struggling with, and finding the Theon arc currently idiotic with them growing frustrated with not knowing who Ramsay is. We largely know they will be rewarded for their patience. You are in the same boat as them now in not knowing where this is going and why they're building a childish feud between Osha and Meera. Sit back, calm down and rag all over it once you have a clue. Bottom line is the storyline, so far, is the weakest one in this series, but it's taking up about two minutes every couple of episodes. It's hard to get as cross as you're getting about it

To you it is. It's one of those arcs where we have to wait and see. Many non book readers are struggling with, and finding the Theon arc currently idiotic with them growing frustrated with not knowing who Ramsay is. We largely know they will be rewarded for their patience. You are in the same boat as them now in not knowing where this is going and why they're building a childish feud between Osha and Meera. Sit back, calm down and rag all over it once you have a clue. Bottom line is the storyline, so far, is the weakest one in this series, but it's taking up about two minutes every couple of episodes. It's hard to get as cross as you're getting about it

The only places it can be going are (1) Osha leaves with Rickon because she can't get along with Meera or (2) Nowhere. I would say either outcome is most definitely idiotic and a waste of screen time that could be better used on Bran's story.

I'm not sure why Theon being tortured would be seen as "idiotic" by non book readers, but me personally, I thought that it could have been handled better and I'm not sure why the show thinks keeping Ramsey's identity a secret is such a big deal, Theon being tortured by a Bolton in the context of the show does not necessarily indicate the Bolton's will or have betrayed Robb...because they changed up the Reek/Ramsey storyline already, so to me, this is sort of a big todo about not much of anything.

The only places it can be going are (1) Osha leaves with Rickon because she can't get along with Meera or (2) Nowhere. I would say either outcome is most definitely idiotic and a waste of screen time that could be better used on Bran's story.

Yeah, but Osha going all the way to Skagos with Rickon was idiotic in the book anyway. What the hell was the reason for them splitting up anyway?

Yeah, but Osha going all the way to Skagos with Rickon was idiotic in the book anyway. What the hell was the reason for them splitting up anyway?

It was less idiotic in the books because in the books people disapear for long periods, whole books even, LOL, ...they split up so that it would be impossible for both heirs to be caught at the same time, increasing the chances that at least one of them would survive.

Archived