[BOOK SPOILERS] Meera vs. Osha

teemo

I actually really don't wanna see Ramsay hunting them, Seems pointless imo.

The events at Queenscrown will probably be the climax of Brans story this season, Hopefully we get an in depth look at him warging Summer to save Jons life.

I disagree. The Boltons are aware that the Stark boys are still alive, and need them dead to secure their claim to Winterfell. Even though they are presumed dead, they still need to make sure. And apart from Queenscrown and the Nightfort, Bran does jackshit this season. A Bolton hunt would be a good way to convey the dread Bran and Rickon are still living in, and convince them to split up.

It could a good way to split them up, didn't think of that. IDK I'm just not that interesting in seeing another chase scene in the woods unless they use the direwolves to fight off the Bolton pursuers lol.

I wonder if they will have the Liddle that's in one of Brans ASOS chapters, could be a good way to introduce the Northern mountain clans if they plan on using them later with Stannis.

Have they even said in the show they are going to the Wall? Seems to me they are just walking about.

yes, Master Luwin told them to go to Jon to Castle Black.

I don't like that Meera and Osha hate each other and need a teenage boy to put them in there place, where the boys go along just fine.

I would have liked something more from Jojen than jon is among enemies.

Like what? They needed to show:

- Bran maturing

- The Sight comes at a cost

They had about five seconds worth of time to have Jojen explain what he saw, and they used it to segue into the next scene. We have three-four seasons worth of Bran/Jojen/Meera and Hodor where very little actually happens. The exposition and stories we want will be ours in time, I don't doubt.

I wonder what period Jojen was actually seeing with Jon. I think to people who haven't read the books its the Wildlings and north of the Wall, But I think it must have been Jons last chapter and being south of the wall maybe implying that he needs to go North.

I like very much both Meera and Osha in the show, but not so sure about their rivalry. It felt a bit contrived, some drama for the sake of drama. Besides, I thought they were getting along quite well and now we hear Osha has been acting snidely at Meera almost all the time.. :rolleyes: I'm all for giving more substance to the side characters, but there's already so much of bickering, backstabbing, scheming and what have you in the show, so I could've used some friendship for a change.

I wish Osha would go away. Unfortunately I don't see that happening with the way Martin has commented on his enjoyment of the actress.

Bran's scenes are easily my least favorite in the show, just like his chapters in the book.

Sure, if you enjoy a long, grueling uneventful story about a walk North which then has no payoff at all and probably gets them in even worse shit... Oh yeah, don't forget the endless warging sequences and his meeting with Bloodraven, who is a tree, a goddamn tree.

Sure, if you enjoy a long, grueling uneventful story about a walk North which then has no payoff at all and probably gets them in even worse shit... Oh yeah, don't forget the endless warging sequences and his meeting with Bloodraven, who is a tree, a goddamn tree.

This pretty much. Bran just doesnt have an arc, for like, 3 fucking books. And its boring as fuck!

Have they even said in the show they are going to the Wall? Seems to me they are just walking about. Bran in the books really just spend 3 books walking (or being carried) while he listens to stories, hones his warging abilities and develops a crush on Meera. Bran's chapters are not my favourite in the series. I'm guessing that this season ends with Bran and Sam exchanging routes at the Nightfort? That means 2 seasons of travel to Bloodraven zzzz.

Yes, Luwin as he's dying tells the boys to go to the Wall, to Castle Black to Jon Snow.

The events at Queenscrown will probably be the climax of Brans story this season, Hopefully we get an in depth look at him warging Summer to save Jons life.

Why does it seem pointless? Ramsey Snow and company hunt for them in the books and don't find them. The fact that they are alive is a huge deal to Roose once his son marries "Arya"

Ramsey is not going to sit on the information that Bran and Rickon are alive and not do anything about it. It would be silly not to try and find them.

Queenscrown will be a definite climax to the story of Jon and Bran this season.

snip

He has 7 chapters combined in Storm and Dance, So long and grueling. :rolleyes:

I may be in the minority but personally I have never found Brans chapters boring. I am fascinated by the history of Westeros we get via the Reeds or Old Nan and i actually enjoy the fantasy elements in Brans story like Wolf dreams, Green Dreams, Weirwood Net, etc.. The KOLT, Queenscrown, and Nightfort chapters in ASOS were all very strong imo. His POV in Dance was in my top 3 favorites of the book. I definitely see how some people might think his chapters are dull ( i don't ) but either way i don't see how anyone can think Meera/Osha arguing over who is better at skinning rabbits is better :dunno:

Archived