[BOOK SPOILERS] The Wall Climb Opinions and Tormund

teemo

I didn't like the part with Orell cutting Jon loose. It was just too Indiana Jonesish to me.

Ehh? It was tension. In a TV episode. A fantasy TV episode.

Some of the complaints you read are bizarre. :dunno:

It looked very good, just wish it lasted longer. I'd rather they cut the Sansa -Loras scene and we get more climb. And the kiss at the end was unnecessary sentimentality

agreed about the kiss....but I guess they have to work in some sort of romance....they're gonna have to make Jon feel some pain and loss when she goes down....

I quite liked the scene, looked great (excellent CGI), pretty tense, more dangerous than I'd imagined, and Tormund showed why he's a BAMF. Although the shot where Jon and Ygritte recovered and held each other after being cut off had me thinking "You're still 500 feet above ground hanging off a 4 inch hook, you can wait until you get to the top for that."

I'm really just curious how they plan to handle the rest of Jon's book 3 storyline with how they handled how many people climbed the wall and who was among them.

Jon's crew will throw down ropes for the rest of the wildlings to climb up.

This was Jon best episode since season 1. He had some character development the first season, he learned how to follow orders, accpet his place in life, etc. and then proceeded to forget all of this in season 2. Obviously what he needed was to get laid, now that he has lost his virginity it seems to have helped him gain some confidence.

This was Jon best episode since season 1. He had some character development the first season, he learned how to follow orders, accpet his place in life, etc. and then proceeded to forget all of this in season 2. Obviously what he needed was to get laid, now that he has lost his virginity it seems to have helped him gain some confidence.

He had a little bit of toughening up last episode even before the sexy time. He stood up to Orel's interrogation

You guys did notice that they were all hanging from tormund's rope right? I saw that and laughed. "saved by the member!" HAR!

Yea I like Tormund.

I also adore the Bolton's this season and I despised them in the books. seriously this show's brought out something i didnt know i had. LOL I was not shocked at all at Ros' end I enjoyed it. (yea, im so corrupted)

Jon's crew will throw down ropes for the rest of the wildlings to climb up.

Even if they do that, Tormund being among them is a pretty huge change from the book .

And didn't Mance only send 20 men with Tormund in the show? That alone signals a major change. I'm not saying it has to be for the worse, but how they handled the Jon/Qhorin stuff last season certainly doesn't make me optimistic.

Archived