[BOOK SPOILERS] The Wall Climb Opinions and Tormund

teemo

I thought the climb was badass and the view at the top was epic. Sure it was a cheesy kiss but whatever.

Even if they do that, Tormund being among them is a pretty huge change from the book .

And didn't Mance only send 20 men with Tormund in the show? That alone signals a major change. I'm not saying it has to be for the worse, but how they handled the Jon/Qhorin stuff last season certainly doesn't make me optimistic.

Yeah he only sent 20 and it looked like they all died except the 4 characters with names. 4 people can't really attack castle black so i'm not sure what they're going to do. I assume they're going to skip the battle at castle black. In the books Jon runs away and is like "GUYS! There are about 100 wildlings coming up the road!" Now when he gets to castle black he can't really do that. "HEY GUYS! There are 3 wildlings walking this way! What are we going to do?"

Did everyone miss the trailers? It showed around 30 wildlings attacking at the queenscrown

Well that's good if true. Still I wonder what they're going to do with Tormund. I recall reading somewhere that Ciaran Hinds said he had another scene with Kristofer Hivju, but I'm not sure if that was true or not.

I didn't like the part with Orell cutting Jon loose. It was just too Indiana Jonesish to me.

How many times have I heard the obligatory 'Take my hand!!'?

Well, besides that little bit of dialogue cliche , I thought it was fantastic. Even the kiss at the end, cheesy, but I'm a sucker for it.

The idea was to get a small group of people to the wall before Mormont could return, Mance is probably taking part of his army on a mad dash towards the wall to get there faster than his entire group could as well.

The idea is to attack them in the Night and open the gate so that wildlings can freely go through the gate and aid their attack? That's what I'd think is the plan at least.

Their going to wait for Mance to give a "signal" so obviously they're not trying to kill everyone like they do with the 200 Thenns in the book.

It looked very good, just wish it lasted longer. I'd rather they cut the Sansa -Loras scene and we get more climb. And the kiss at the end was unnecessary sentimentality

What?? Noooo!! That was perfect! Finally something good, one little beautiful moment. The two of them on top of the world. Too bad only that the view looked fake.

The wall climb was the best part of this episode. As it should be, since the episode is named after it. I also liked the dialogue between Jon an Ygritte. And Jon's look at the guy who cut them loose after Jon pulls up Ygritte. He had that Icelandic snow in his mustache while he gave that look up. Like "I'll get back at you for that..."

I thought Ygritte might not make it up the wall. I'm glad she did.

I really thought this was the scene where they were going to cut Ygritte instead of how she went in the books. I have no idea why but I felt like they were trying to rush her out so Jon could stop feeling so guilty about breaking his vows or something.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to how Jon's going to pay back Orell because the murderous look he gave him for cutting them loose was great and we know Orell doesn't last anyways.

I thought the climb being spread throughout the show was good. In thebook i don't remember getting the idea of just how much time it took to climb the wall. But having the rest of the show take place over it make me go "damn that would suck to have to do" If I was a wildling i'm afraid the NW would find me cause i would just want to take a nap.

I thought it was awful. I kept expecting to see Sylvester Stallone from Cliffhanger swing into sight.

And that ending?! Good Rhollor what is this? That ending was stupid when they did it in Total Recall and it's moronic in GOT.

It was great. The views were terrific, and I like that they're playing up the Jon+Ygritte relationship. Although, with the RW, and Ygritte's death and Tyrion into slavery and all that, I'm concerned that the show might be running out of happier moments.

So the scene just before the climb when Ygritte tells Jon she knows he is still a crow was made for tv cheese. At first I didn't get why they added that, but then I realized that it adds depth and emotion to the relationship between those two. That would be fine, except it I think they may slack on Jon's story this season hoping to keep people interested in him because of the whole "love/duty" thing. As a deviation for tv, it isn't a terrible change in the story, but it does seem a patchwork way to keep Jon interesting.

Yeh some people are nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, it was a great scene from a great show, what more do fans of the books want? Seriously it's just getting ridiculous, the rope cutting was supposed to add tension, the kiss was supposed to play on the emotions of the viewer (and it worked). I mean someone commented it was too "indiana jonesish", that is seriously laughable, pack up your bags and leave because it is clear you know nothing about how to tell a story on screen.

Archived